Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

Re: Reds Offseason Rumors Thread

recently (last 2 offseasons)....we are attached to a player via reports for a few days or even weeks....then never obtain the player. Then boom, we sign or trade for someone that had not really been on the rumor mill radar. I guess I am saying I think the Reds will be active, but I am not sure we will really have a good idea how before it happens.

2. Likes:

JarrodOnVinyl (12-05-2019),RED VAN HOT (12-05-2019),Revering4Blue (12-05-2019),Ron Madden (12-05-2019),WrongVerb (12-05-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Historically, the Reds have had luck with players who have been injured in dirt bike accidents.
    Just don't give him a scooter for Christmas.

Looks like the Cardinals are making a play for him now. He'll win big for them, you can bank on it.

Are the Reds serious about contending?
    Last edited by malcontent; 12-05-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Jim Bowden had an article in The Athletic today where he recommended a move for each team at winter meetings....the Reds was Winker, India and Mahle for Starling Marte.

6. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (12-05-2019),REDREAD (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I wouldn’t mind bringing Wood back. The idea of bringing in a longer term higher in the rotation guy to ease the possible loss of Bauer was starting to appeal to me, but if they can get Wood back cheaply, that might be a good bargain deal to make. Has a lot of upside if he can fully bounceback.
    Yeah, if both sides were happy with each other (aside the injury-related results), Wood would be a great add on the cheap. All the more with the Driveline aspect. Add Ryu and Wood and we've got a lot of options including trade material.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Jim Bowden had an article in The Athletic today where he recommended a move for each team at winter meetings....the Reds was Winker, India and Mahle for Starling Marte.
    Just say NO.

9. Likes:

Hubba (12-06-2019),jramz22 (12-05-2019),malcontent (12-05-2019),NC Reds (12-05-2019),WVRedsFan (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Getting Ryu, Wood, Didi and Akiyama would be my priority list going forward. Probably in that order, too.

It's a good list and I like them all, but I'd be leery of getting into any type of bidding war for Didi. We might well be able to get the other 3 for what we would have spent on Wheeler and it would be much better spent money in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Just say NO.
    I thought it was a little too much. I would do Winker, India and maybe a lessor prospect.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Winker has several years of control to go with his good MLB numbers, if he were in this deal I don't think it should also take India and Mahle. Winker and a lottery ticket is probably a fair offer. I'd rather see though if I could get some sort of India/Mahle package to land him, though.
    I don’t think Winker has as much value as some do. If goal were to trade him at peak value, Reds would need to keep him hoping he’ll stay healthy. Get him 500 PAs and trade him after that.

Right now I think he’d be viewed as a one dimensional player who misses a lot of time.

FWIW, Bowden seems to agree given his proposal. Frankly, for a rebuilding team, India might be the most attractive piece. He was a top five draft pick just 1 1/2 years ago.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-05-2019 at 06:53 PM.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2019)

MLB.com's Mark Feinsand writes how Hamels' deal might mean that Keuchel's time in Atlanta is over. But there should be other suitors, especially now that Keuchel doesn't have the Draft pick compensation tied to him that he did last offseason, when he declined a qualifying offer from the Astros.

Feinsand suggests that teams like the Blue Jays, White Sox, Twins and Reds could be among those that pursue Keuchel, even if the Braves don't
    https://www.mlb.com/news/dallas-keuchel-rumors

16. Likes:

JCM11 (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Roark pitched well with the Reds, but had a 4.58 ERA with Oakland and a 4.67 FIP for the season. I wouldn't spend on him, I'd rather just stick with Mahle. Reds seemingly do want to upgrade that last starter's spot, they obviously conceive of a team with a very high end rotation.
    Roark also can not get LH hitters out.
    He'd be ok as a consolation prize as the 5th starter at the right price -- better than Mahle, but yea, don't bust the bank for him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    From the Feinsand article. He makes no mention of the Reds.

Dallas Keuchel

The Braves’ signing of Hamels might spell the end for Keuchel in Atlanta, where he went 8-8 with a 3.75 ERA in 19 starts after joining the club in June. The Braves are still seeking another starter this offseason, though it remains to be seen whether they’ll be willing to hand out the type of contract the former American League Cy Young Award winner will surely be seeking.

Unlike last offseason, Keuchel does not have Draft pick compensation attached to him, which will help his cause as he looks for a multi-year deal.

Aside from the Braves, the Blue Jays and White Sox are among the teams that could pursue Keuchel.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I would want to pull Mahle out of that deal since we are so short on pitching depth. Even if we sign another starter, Mahle would be used somehow during the year.
    Winker, India and a B prospect? Yea, that seems expensive but reasonable, I would do that.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    From the Feinsand article. He makes no mention of the Reds.
    Click on the link in my post stay on that page and scroll down.
    Don't click on any other page.

seems like a bit of an overpay

Heyman tweet no evidence Marte trade market has gained much traction yet. Word is Pirates want top catching prospect in trades.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-06-2019 at 11:11 AM.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2019)

Turn Off Ads?