Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
I confess, I don't get the Acosta love for top 10 in this org (well...any org) right now. There's plenty to like based on his 2019 line, but it was done in an extremely small sample and put up primarily in the Dominican against kids two years younger than him (the rest against Dominican players in the AZL). In an equal sized sample in the same league the year prior he was terrible. I could see his batting line next year in RK ball being just as bad as I could see it being good. The one big thing going for the small bodied guy is speed, defensively speaking he's a terrible 3rdbaseman and will have to now show he can play regularly as a 2bman or possibly be moved to the outfield.

I probably wouldn't give him a top 30 vote yet, maybe 12 months from now.
I'm under the impression Acosta's got good defensive tools, but he's inconsistent. Where he is in the system, I'd rather have the tools than the consistency. Normally I'd pump the brakes on him, but when we're talking about Richardson and Siani as top 10 prospects and they're both more question than answer, then Acosta's monster season has got to get consideration. I'd like to see the Reds be hyperaggressive in promoting him.