Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Francisco Lindor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Francisco Lindor

It seems pretty likely that the Indians are going to trade him, and it’s one of our positions of need. He’s going to cost a steep price in prospects, but he only has 2 years left before free agency and they won’t be cheap years either. So, it should be within our budget in prospect capital. That trade machine we’ve been kicking around says Lodolo+India+Garcia is an even trade for him, and that sounds about right to me.

Can we will this one into happening, Redszone?

Re: Francisco Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It seems pretty likely that the Indians are going to trade him, and it’s one of our positions of need. He’s going to cost a steep price in prospects, but he only has 2 years left before free agency and they won’t be cheap years either. So, it should be within our budget in prospect capital. That trade machine we’ve been kicking around says Lodolo+India+Garcia is an even trade for him, and that sounds about right to me.

Probably is fair, but too much for me, I'm out.

I'd gamble that one or two of these prospects will give Reds multiple pre-arb starting years at a high level.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-04-2019 at 01:16 PM.

3. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-04-2019),SidneySlicker (12-05-2019),Stingray (12-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Probably is fair, but too much for me, I'm out.

I'd gamble that one or two of these prospects will give Reds multiple pre-arb starting years at a high level.
    He’s an MVP type hitter at one of our positions of greatest need, who has 2 years remaining, and would likely make us actual World Series favorites in the NL. That seems like a hard deal to pass up, to me.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (12-04-2019)

He’s an MVP type hitter at one of our positions of greatest need, who has 2 years remaining, and would likely make us actual World Series favorites in the NL. That seems like a hard deal to pass up, to me.
    It's too rich. Lindor is in arbitration likely in the $20 million per season ballpark. Plus three top prospects.

By adding Lindor at that price, and for those prospects, you probably have eliminated a third major acquisition. You've paid the money and the prospects for one guy.

I'd rather go for a FA and a somewhat lesser trade guy, like Marte.

7. Likes:

Mitri (12-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    It's too rich. Lindor is in arbitration likely in the $20 million per season ballpark. Plus three top prospects.

By adding Lindor at that price, and for those prospects, you probably have eliminated a third major acquisition. You've paid the money and the prospects for one guy.

I'd rather go for a FA and a somewhat lesser trade guy, like Marte.
    I mean Marte is going to cost probably 2/3rds of this deal, and him plus a free agent combined will probably make more than Lindor does. And I feel like you’re underselling how good of a player Lindor is. He’s an excellent hitter, Gold Glove fielder at shortstop, which we don’t really have. Multiple years of that is worth 2 top 100 prospects plus another intriguing guy.

And they don’t really need a 3rd major acquisition if they get Lindor. That frees them up to make moderate additions to the bullpen after that.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 12-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (12-04-2019)

Responding to Wonderful Monds -

I'd rather have, say, Wheeler for five years and Marte for two if Reds can afford it.

As I said, objectively it's a fair trade for Lindor. He's probably worth the cost. It's just not the way I'd use the Reds' resources at this time. I'd rather fill two holes with high level players.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-04-2019 at 01:39 PM.

I’d probably do it, but I would absolutely hate losing Lodolo. I think he has perennial ace written all over him.

I would much rather trade Greene.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’d probably do it, but I would absolutely hate losing Lodolo. I think he has perennial ace written all over him.

I would much rather trade Greene.

I like Lodolo too, but this is Lindor we are talking about. Plus factor in that the Reds pretty much have a 2-3 year window to do it, so Lindor would fit nicely into the Reds timeline.

All I will say is that if the Reds pull it off, then the Reds will be seeing a nice uptick to their Season Ticket Sales.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (12-04-2019)

I would be a pretty firm no on including Lodolo. If India, Garcia, and Santillian couldn't get it done I'd look elsewhere.

15. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-04-2019)

I hate the idea of trading Lodolo, but man Lindor would look great in this lineup for two years.

Concepcion-Larkin-A bunch of other guys-Lindor. Sign me up!

I cannot let Lodolo go for a 1-2 year deal. Ridiculous for the money and loss of farm.

Considering Senzel for RF is just silly IMO. With his torn labrum, I think he will have trouble making throws anywhere execpt 2B.

I think we can make smarter deals without going Tier 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    I cannot let Lodolo go for a 1-2 year deal. Ridiculous for the money and loss of farm.

Considering Senzel for RF is just silly IMO. With his torn labrum, I think he will have trouble making throws anywhere execpt 2B.

I think we can make smarter deals without going Tier 1.
    Well seeing as the Reds just signed a 2nd baseman, I think that ship has sailed. It seems as if the Reds think his shoulder is capable of throwing a ball more than ten feet. Not really silly getting a better defensive cf and moving Senzel over IMO.

If indians are shopping Lindor it will be in a manner similar to Kluber last year. They will not deal their star without getting the appropriate haul back which would need to include near ready talent. The Dodgers match up well, trade machines don't.

Otherwise they contend again with Lindor and shop him next off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If indians are shopping Lindor it will be in a manner similar to Kluber last year. They will not deal their star without getting the appropriate haul back which would need to include near ready talent. The Dodgers match up well, trade machines don't.

Otherwise they contend again with Lindor and shop him next off-season.
    Lodolo has a good chance to debut in 2020, I would be surprised if he’s not up in 2021 for sure.

Turn Off Ads?