Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Francisco Lindor

Re: Francisco Lindor

Lindor is going to get paid very close to free agent money his last two seasons, which is why the Tribe is willing to trade him.

And it’s also why he won’t bring back what many here expect.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Indians are gonna keep Lindor until they get what they want.

That might not happen until the trade deadline in July

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-05-2019),JCM11 (12-04-2019),North (12-05-2019)

Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and Odolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and Odolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.
    That trade machine isn’t in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The Indians are gonna keep Lindor until they get what they want.

That might not happen until the trade deadline in July
    Ron is very correct here regarding a Lindor trade. The Indians front office is very smart. They are known to set a high price and not vary from it. A Lindor trade would have to have an "overwhelming" package.

The Indians are also not looking for a package of prospects. They will want some MLB or MLB ready controllable players as part of the package. If Lindor is traded the Indians will need to replace two infield spots (2B/SS or SS/3B) with Ramirez playing either second or third depending on who is acquired. I would think one of these spots would need to be filled in a Lindor trade. Think back to the Trevor Bauer trade.

With all that said, I expect Francisco Lindor to start 2020 as a member of the Cleveland Indians. In the offseason before the 2019 season, all you heard from national writers is that Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer (or both) would be traded. Neither were as the Indians price was not met.

9. Likes:

North (12-05-2019),REDREAD (12-05-2019)

If they want to move Lindor they may get better offers now. You have a larger pool of teams interested than at midseason with more control...... obviously the Indians would prefer to wait until trade deadline to see how their team is stacking up, but I'm not sure a good offer wouldn't get it done now. Whether we could or should offer said package is debatable.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2019)

You know I keep seeing posts from RedZone members wanting hitting and granted we do need hitting but I personally would advocate for middle relief pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are probably right, but I would honestly rather trade any combo of two prospects in the system over Lodolo, and I am including senzel in that statement. I have a feeling he’s special.
    It’s all moot because it’s not gonna happen anyway, but yeah. It’s not like we’re talking about any player here. We’re talking about Francisco Lindor, one of the top players in all of baseball, the best SS in all of baseball, and people are not willing to part with Nick Lodolo for 2 years of that? It’s crazy.

And I agree with you about Lodolo. He could be special. The operative word is could. Lindor is special. He’s a piece that would make the Reds instant NLC favorites. Not wanting him in order to hang on to a minor league pitcher at this point is nuts.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2019),TRF (12-05-2019),Tuff Nut (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    It’s all moot because it’s not gonna happen anyway, but yeah. It’s not like we’re talking about any player here. We’re talking about Francisco Lindor, one of the top players in all of baseball, the best SS in all of baseball, and people are not willing to part with Nick Lodolo for 2 years of that? It’s crazy.

And I agree with you about Lodolo. He could be special. The operative word is could. Lindor is special. He’s a piece that would make the Reds instant NLC favorites. Not wanting him in order to hang on to a minor league pitcher at this point is nuts.
    I think most are like me and would trade him but would just feel sick doing so.

I would also like to point out Lindor was kinda down last year. He was not the best SS in baseball and had the following slash line:

284 / 335 / 518

853 OPS

Those are certainly really good numbers but the low OBP is kind of scary. However, it seems like he’s sacrificing obp for slugging.

With all that said, yes, I trade Lodolo + for him and don’t think twice.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and LOdolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.
    I would do that deal (Senzel + Lodollo for Lindor + young OF).
    I just have a feeling that there will be a bidding war and Cleveland will get more than that.
    Cleveland still has a pretty good core of talent, even if Lindor is dealt, I would guess that Cleveland wants more immediate help. But maybe Lindor is the first step of a teardown over the next 12-24 months.. I don't know.

Senzel is not exactly immediate help. He could be, but if Cleveland wants to contend this year, they would need offense to replace Lindor and Puig. Maybe they have already made some transactions that I forgot about..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would also like to point out Lindor was kinda down last year. He was not the best SS in baseball and had the following slash line:

284 / 335 / 518

853 OPS

Those are certainly really good numbers but the low OBP is kind of scary. However, it seems like he’s sacrificing obp for slugging.

With all that said, yes, I trade Lodolo + for him and don’t think twice.
    I say this all the time. You have to look at context. He was hurt to start the year. Sandwiched in between a limited April and a September he kinda slumped, he had four months of right where he always is, around a .350 OBP

By Day/Month AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    April 37 6 9 0 0 3 6 0 9 .243 .237 .486 .723
    May 112 18 33 5 0 5 14 17 15 .295 .391 .473 .864
    June 112 17 34 11 1 4 7 6 23 .304 .339 .527 .866
    July 109 18 36 7 1 6 16 4 19 .330 .360 .578 .938
    August 118 21 34 11 0 8 19 11 11 .288 .344 .585 .929
    September 110 21 24 6 0 6 12 8 21 .218 .269 .436 .705

He's such a no-brainer target it hurts. Too bad the Reds are not going after him.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by chris9341 View Post
    You know I keep seeing posts from RedZone members wanting hitting and granted we do need hitting but I personally would advocate for middle relief pitching.
    Definitely important too, but you can get those smaller fish after you fry the big ones.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I just have a feeling that there will be a bidding war and Cleveland will get more than that.
    Cleveland still has a pretty good core of talent, even if Lindor is dealt, I would guess that Cleveland wants more immediate help. But maybe Lindor is the first step of a teardown over the next 12-24 months.. I don't know.

Senzel is not exactly immediate help. He could be, but if Cleveland wants to contend this year, they would need offense to replace Lindor and Puig. Maybe they have already made some transactions that I forgot about..
    Agreed it is not the best deal for Cleveland, but perhaps the closest to something they might accept from the Reds. Senzel is not unlike Reyes whom they got last year in the Bauer deal. Young bat with upside and question marks. But as pointed out, the Dodgers can provide the best match with ML ready talent including infielders.

Seems Cleveland is trying again to deal Kluber rather than Lindor anyway.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

Cleveland's front office is not looking to tear it down. Their goal is to continue to compete and be a contender. They are not considering a rebuild.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2019)

I've started to really like the idea of going big and trading for both Francisco Lindor and Starling Marte. It's not ideal since money is what the Reds have more of now but nothing quite fills their exact needs like those two players do, and they'd have both of them for 2020 and 2021. I think from a starting point of one deal centered around Hunter Greene and one deal centered around Jonathan India you can throw in other names of both major leaguers (Winker, Aquino, Mahle) and prospects and possibly make something work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe Guy View Post
    Cleveland's front office is not looking to tear it down. Their goal is to continue to compete and be a contender. They are not considering a rebuild.
    Which is exactly why you guys could use affordable, productive players like Winker and Garrett to go with a prospect!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

RedEye (12-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?