Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Didi to Philly

Re: Didi to Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Doug, can you point to the standings these last few decades and tell me where this Reds organization aren't idiots? They get zero benefit of doubt from us fans.
    If you look at the results of the past 20 years, it would be hard to argue that the Reds are not a lower-tier organization. Less politely, that would be called "stupid."
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Likes:

REDREAD (12-12-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

They seemed ok in '99, 2000, 2010, 2012, 2013. 2006 was interesting. Last year was interesting.

Yes, it's been a while since their last championship team. But they have won one more recently than the Dodgers.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

5. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-12-2019)

My take is that if you don’t like what the Reds are doing (or not doing) at the winter meetings ... stop reading ALL social media. You get 10% of the truth in some rumor tweet, and the reader is left to fill in the other 90% with opinion, speculation, and personal bias. Perception, no matter how incorrect, becomes reality.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

7. Likes:

757690 (12-13-2019),Old school 1983 (12-12-2019),Revering4Blue (12-12-2019),savafan (12-12-2019),westofyou (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    My take is that if you don’t like what the Reds are doing (or not doing) at the winter meetings ... stop reading ALL social media. You get 10% of the truth in some rumor tweet, and the reader is left to fill in the other 90% with opinion, speculation, and personal bias. Perception, no matter how incorrect, becomes reality.
    True story.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    They seemed ok in '99, 2000, 2010, 2012, 2013. 2006 was interesting. Last year was interesting.

Yes, it's been a while since their last championship team. But they have won one more recently than the Dodgers.
    Thanks to the Reds organization for building a team that might win a division. We've got a lot of high standards around here.

Thanks to the Reds organization for building a team that might win a division. We've got a lot of high standards around here.
    Seattle. LA. SD. COL. TB.

MLB crowns one winner a year. I'm not saying the team's FO was competent over the last 30 years. I'm saying they were in it a lot in the 90's, and had some interesting seasons since '99 where it just didn't work out. That 2012 team could have won it all but didn't advance past round 1. It happens.

It's been bad for 6 years now, but there were signs the team is moving in at least something resembling a direction last year.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

13. Likes:

GAC (12-13-2019),MikeS21 (12-13-2019),Old school 1983 (12-12-2019),Ron Madden (12-12-2019)

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal

Teams explore virtually every scenario imaginable. Doesn’t mean any will come to fruition.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Nice to have Doug come back and lecture us idiot Reds fans from time-to-time.
    It's Festivus. What do you expect, especially when the proposal is "the Reds are stupid if they make this move, but they are also stupid if they don't make this move"?

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining that the Reds aren't smarter than a 5th grader.

16. Likes:

TRF (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining that the Reds aren't smarter than a 5th grader.
    Yep. Jethro stayed till the 6th grade where they taught gazinta math.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's Festivus. What do you expect, especially when the proposal is "the Reds are stupid if they make this move, but they are also stupid if they don't make this move"?

Doug, I just have a bigger issue with you just "dropping by" for the first time in a while and then lecturing us Reds fans on how to act. I actually agree with you on Didi. I just think it's a bad look from you to act all high and mighty on how us Reds fans should complain. Shockingly, there are differing viewpoints of how things should be handled.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-13-2019)

Well, now that Didi is gone the Reds seem content to let one of the few exciting offensive weapons from last year get away (once again) and put Freddy in his place. Jose Iglesias only hit .288 ba, ops .724 w/11 hr.. His D wasn't exactly shoddy either. This move makes no sense to me unless he's wanting a mega long term deal, but considering he came off a minor league deal last year it's unlikely.. I really thought Iglesias was our long term SS by August and all we hear is how great Galvis did instead hitting .234, etc, etc, etc... Somewhere Bob Howsam is rolling over in his grave. Can you even imagine a guy with long dreads playing for Howsam? HA!

Quote Originally Posted by allpurpose View Post
    Well, now that Didi is gone the Reds seem content to let one of the few exciting offensive weapons from last year get away (once again) and put Freddy in his place. Jose Iglesias only hit .288 ba, ops .724 w/11 hr.. His D wasn't exactly shoddy either. This move makes no sense to me unless he's wanting a mega long term deal, but considering he came off a minor league deal last year it's unlikely.. I really thought Iglesias was our long term SS by August and all we hear is how great Galvis did instead hitting .234, etc, etc, etc... Somewhere Bob Howsam is rolling over in his grave. Can you even imagine a guy with long dreads playing for Howsam? HA!
    Except for the small fact that Iglesias put together a stellar, career best two months in April and May, and reverted back into his normal pumpkin offense the rest of the year. Not at all saying Galvis is any better, but Iglesias has more value as a backup defender rather than as a starter.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

22. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-13-2019),Revering4Blue (12-13-2019),Ron Madden (12-13-2019),westofyou (12-13-2019)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Doug, I just have a bigger issue with you just "dropping by" for the first time in a while and then lecturing us Reds fans on how to act. I actually agree with you on Didi. I just think it's a bad look from you to act all high and mighty on how us Reds fans should complain. Shockingly, there are differing viewpoints of how things should be handled.
    So my post would have been better if I decided to post more often rather than just read?

I was simply pointing out the hilarity of "you can't make everyone happy". Sorry for not stopping by more often to do that.

"Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Turn Off Ads?