Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

Re: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Since the West Coast Conference went to a 16-game conference schedule starting with the 2011-2012 season, Gonzaga's average conference record has been 14.5-1.5.

If a better Gonzaga program against a weaker conference loses one or two games in conference per year, I think it's safe to assume there are at least a couple losses coming Dayton's way.
    Gonzaga's actual good/great teams (the ones that get a 1 or 2 seed in the Tournament) lose 0 or 1 games in the WCC. If Dayton is that kind of team (and I think they may be this year), they shouldn't lose more than once in the A-10. The A-10 isn't a bad league this year, but if Dayton slices through it like they're capable of doing, there's not another NCAA Tournament team in the bunch.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Gonzaga's actual good/great teams (the ones that get a 1 or 2 seed in the Tournament) lose 0 or 1 games in the WCC. If Dayton is that kind of team (and I think they may be this year), they shouldn't lose more than once in the A-10. The A-10 isn't a bad league this year, but if Dayton slices through it like they're capable of doing, there's not another NCAA Tournament team in the bunch.
    I tend to disagree with you there. It possible for a team to dominate a conference just because they are just that good. That doesn't mean the rest of the teams aren't tournament worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to disagree with you there. It possible for a team to dominate a conference just because they are just that good. That doesn't mean the rest of the teams aren't tournament worthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Dayton dominating wouldn't mean the rest of the teams aren't Tournament worthy. The rest of the teams aren't Tournament worthy because they're not Tournament worthy. The only chance anyone has of making themselves Tournament worthy at this point is to beat Dayton. Therefore, if Dayton carves them up like they very well might, that's a one bid league this year.

Note: VCU may have an outside shot if their only two losses the rest of the way are to Dayton (regular season and A-10 Tournament).
    Last edited by Boston Red; 01-24-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Great breakdown of the Flyers' offense (if you want a deep-dive) making its way around Twitter today:

The A10 is a 1 bid league? I thought the A10 was usually like a 3 team league.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Two will make it in, for sure. Third one may be on the outside looking in.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

There's a possibility of two, but again, it's really only VCU unless URI gets insane hot or someone else wins the A-10 Tournament. I think 1 is the most likely scenario this year. However, good chance that one is 2 or 3 seed (or a 1 if they win out).

While I think VCU is the biggest threat to Dayton, I wouldn't call them noticeably better than Rhode Island, Richmond, or Duquesne. There are many tools online that predict a 70% or better chance of the A-10 having three or more teams make the tourney. If Richmond wins at home tomorrow, I'd start penciling them in.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Oh no, I don't want nothing to do with WV...bad match-up for my boys.
    well, that is what they said about KState also....how many times did I hear how they could not match up, and then they had a 20 point lead!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Two will make it in, for sure. Third one may be on the outside looking in.
    I only watched St. Louis one time again Dayton....but they looked like a potential tournament team to me.

Midway through the 2nd half, Landers got called for a foul on a perfectly legal screen, which led to Grant receiving a technical. It was, to quote AG, "****ing bullsh-t!". One of the worst calls I've seen all year. Even the Richmond announcers thought it was bad. Hopefully a clip makes it way online.

Really need to cut down on the turnovers - it's been a problem all year. And snoozing down the stretch. Otherwise, a really good road win against the top half of the A-10. Crutcher has been on fire recently.

There's a possibility of two, but again, it's really only VCU unless URI gets insane hot or someone else wins the A-10 Tournament. I think 1 is the most likely scenario this year. However, good chance that one is 2 or 3 seed (or a 1 if they win out).
    URI has won 6 in a row. How hot do they have to get? My guess, as of late January, is that Dayton, VCU and Rhode Island get in. That'd be a pretty decent yr for the conference

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Midway through the 2nd half, Landers got called for a foul on a perfectly legal screen, which led to Grant receiving a technical. It was, to quote AG, "****ing bullsh-t!". One of the worst calls I've seen all year. Even the Richmond announcers thought it was bad. Hopefully a clip makes it way online.

Really need to cut down on the turnovers - it's been a problem all year. And snoozing down the stretch. Otherwise, a really good road win against the top half of the A-10. Crutcher has been on fire recently.
    I think the "illegal screen" on offense is probably the most controversial call of the 2019-20 college basketball season. I think they're calling too many of them and there's not a good consensus on what exactly should be called.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the "illegal screen" on offense is probably the most controversial call of the 2019-20 college basketball season. I think they're calling too many of them and there's not a good consensus on what exactly should be called.
    I disagree...I am sick of seeing an offensive player with the ball on a drive and constantly getting away with the forearm shiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    URI has won 6 in a row. How hot do they have to get? My guess, as of late January, is that Dayton, VCU and Rhode Island get in. That'd be a pretty decent yr for the conference
    Hotter. Not very many "bracketologists" have them in at this point. I'd be surprised if either one gets in without beating Dayton.

Turn Off Ads?