Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

Re: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

I think Dayton would have to lose AT LEAST two more times to be at risk of losing Cleveland for its opening weekend.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think Dayton would have to lose AT LEAST two more times to be at risk of losing Cleveland for its opening weekend.
    So they would have to be a #2 Seed in the South or a #3 Seed in the West if I recall from the bracket.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    So they would have to be a #2 Seed in the South or a #3 Seed in the West if I recall from the bracket.
    Are you on the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Are you on the committee?
    you are correct, for some reason I was thinking the initial cities and seedings were fixed

Still cruising along. Beat VCU at the Siegel Center and took care of a feisty Duquesne team at home last week.

Winning (often with panache) but not dominating like they were early in the season. KenPom has them at 6 (a healthy distance behind No. 5 SDSU). NCAA NET has them at 4. Bartovik has them at 5.

Seems likely they'll move to No. 4, possibly No. 3 in the AP today.

Currently, 14-0 in conference with a three game lead over Rhode Island. Four remaining; three winnable (though Davidson won't be a pushover) and a tough one at Rhode Island.

(Last team to go undefeated in the A10 was Karl Hobbs's 2005-06 George Washington Colonials; 27-3 on the season, 16-0 in conference. Received an 8-seed. Got beat handily by 1-seed Duke in the second round.)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Still cruising along. Beat VCU at the Siegel Center and took care of a feisty Duquesne team at home last week.

Winning (often with panache) but not dominating like they were early in the season. KenPom has them at 6 (a healthy distance behind No. 5 SDSU). NCAA NET has them at 4. Bartovik has them at 5.

Seems likely they'll move to No. 4, possibly No. 3 in the AP today.

Currently, 14-0 in conference with a three game lead over Rhode Island. Four remaining; three winnable (though Davidson won't be a pushover) and a tough one at Rhode Island.

(Last team to go undefeated in the A10 was Karl Hobbs's 2005-06 George Washington Colonials; 27-3 on the season, 16-0 in conference. Received an 8-seed. Got beat handily by 1-seed Duke in the second round.)
    Out of curiosity, when was the last time an A-10 school made the FF?

Out of curiosity, when was the last time an A-10 school made the FF?
    UMass 1996

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-24-2020)

UMass 1996
    So it has been awhile...thank you.

This is picking nits, but Massachusetts' Final Four was vacated, correct? So, officially, they did not make a FF4 appearance in 1996.

UMass 1996
    I knew that Coach Cal and Camby team made the Final 4....even recall they played UCF in the tournament and lost to UK, but I would have swore it was earlier than 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This is picking nits, but Massachusetts' Final Four was vacated, correct? So, officially, they did not make a FF4 appearance in 1996.
    Damn, I forgot about that. So Temple?

Damn, I forgot about that. So Temple?
    In 1958? There wasn't an A-10 yet.

If you don't count UMass, there's never been an A-10 team in the Final Four. Even as a fan of a team that was in the league for 16 or 17 years I am surprised by that.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 02-24-2020 at 11:50 AM.

In 1958? There wasn't an A-10 yet.

If you don't count UMass, there's never been an A-10 team in the Final Four. Even as a fan of a team that was in the league for 16 or 17 years I am surprised by that.
    My bad, I looked it up. Temple was a semi-regular to the EE under Chaney while in the A-10. And I am surprised by that as well.

It's amazing they never broke through. Off the top of my head I remember Temple twice, Xavier twice, St. Joe's, Dayton and URI (who I believe royally choked against Mark Madsen and Stanford) in the Elite Eight. Kind of wild that none of them ever made it. St. Joe's was one missed shot from OK State from getting there.

btw, what happened to UMass? Was it simply Calipari leaving? I just recall UMass and UConn always being strong during that period. We use to play UMass in the A-10, then we had to play UConn when we moved to the Big East in 1995.

Turn Off Ads?