Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Dayton Flyers Basketball 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    btw, what happened to UMass? Was it simply Calipari leaving? I just recall UMass and UConn always being strong during that period. We use to play UMass in the A-10, then we had to play UConn when we moved to the Big East in 1995.
    Cal leaving and with that they quit cheating.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Still rolling. With a mediocre GW team at home to close the regular season out, it appears UD will go undefeated in conference.

Currently, No. 4 in KenPom, No. 3 in NET and No. 3 in the AP poll.

It's been an incredible ride. Hope we can close out with a conference tourney championship next week.

One interesting stat I came across, Pomeroy's A10 player of the year:
    1. Obi Toppin
    2. Fats Russell
    3. Jalen Crutcher
    4. Jordan Goodwin
    5. Trey Landers

It's clear Toppin is the star of the show, and Crutcher seems like a first-team conference lock, but I think Landers (and Mikesell to a lesser degree) really gets overlooked. Everybody talks about him as a glue guy, but he's put up great numbers. He does a little bit of everything on offense, scores very efficiently and plays stout defense.

Double-bye in the A10 tournament. Hope they can bring the trophy home from Brooklyn.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-06-2020),RedTeamGo! (03-06-2020),Revering4Blue (03-06-2020)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Still rolling. With a mediocre GW team at home to close the regular season out, it appears UD will go undefeated in conference.

Currently, No. 4 in KenPom, No. 3 in NET and No. 3 in the AP poll.

It's been an incredible ride. Hope we can close out with a conference tourney championship next week.

One interesting stat I came across, Pomeroy's A10 player of the year:
    1. Obi Toppin
    2. Fats Russell
    3. Jalen Crutcher
    4. Jordan Goodwin
    5. Trey Landers

It's clear Toppin is the star of the show, and Crutcher seems like a first-team conference lock, but I think Landers (and Mikesell to a lesser degree) really gets overlooked. Everybody talks about him as a glue guy, but he's put up great numbers. He does a little bit of everything on offense, scores very efficiently and plays stout defense.

Double-bye in the A10 tournament. Hope they can bring the trophy home from Brooklyn.
    I really love that Mikesell kid. The Flyers are flying high.

Real bummer of a way to end the season, but I suppose precaution over a pandemic wins out.

It's cool they got to finish the 18-0 conference season, and in a strange way this allows the season to end on a note of optimism. There's no loss in the semifinal of the conference tournament or upset in the NCAA tournament.

They closed the season on a 20-game winning streak. I choose to remember them as invincible.

7. Likes:

Chip R (03-16-2020),dfs (03-14-2020),dubc47834 (03-14-2020),Hypnotoad (03-14-2020),jimbo (03-14-2020),RedTeamGo! (03-14-2020),texasdave (03-14-2020)

Dayton's Obi Toppin, Anthony Grant sweep AP honors as player, coach of the year

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-honors-player

9. Likes:

BillDoran (04-03-2020)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Toppin wins Naismith Trophy.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

11. Likes:

BillDoran (04-06-2020)

Turn Off Ads?