Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This is will be my most disliked thread ever- the Reds need to trade

Re: This is will be my most disliked thread ever- the Reds need to trade

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    What I find funny is the link in reds fans mind that Castillo and Suarez are at the same level of player.
    Suarez is a stud. Castillo is a nice controllable player.
    Look at Castillo last year was great at the start of the year. But from June 1 to the end of the year 4+ era and Disco era was a half run better. Castillo has a lot of skill but is v dry inconsistent and throws the fewest strikes. In 2018 he had a great September to salvage his overall numbers. I believe reds fans over value how good he actually is as a pitcher.
    Bottomline he has been a mixed bag where Suarez is good all the time.
    Aren’t you the guy that said Castillo is basically Jumbo Diaz?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

CaiGuy (12-13-2019),HammerTime (12-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Just watch...sometime soon someone will suggest trading Castillo for Jose Iglesias after Iglesias signs elsewhere and Freddy hits .116..

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    What I find funny is the link in reds fans mind that Castillo and Suarez are at the same level of player.
    Suarez is a stud. Castillo is a nice controllable player.
    Look at Castillo last year was great at the start of the year. But from June 1 to the end of the year 4+ era and Disco era was a half run better. Castillo has a lot of skill but is v dry inconsistent and throws the fewest strikes. In 2018 he had a great September to salvage his overall numbers. I believe reds fans over value how good he actually is as a pitcher.
    Bottomline he has been a mixed bag where Suarez is good all the time.
    I am not sure how a person who calls themselves a fan of the Reds and a fan of the sport can watch a Castillo start and come away being anything but a Castillo fan.

Numbers aside (which are good across the board), do you actually watch his starts?

Also, you do realize that Suarez threw up a .500 OPS month last year, and every player this side of Mike Trout has good a bad stretches?
    Last edited by CaiGuy; 12-13-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Alright, I thought about this thread and not to sound terse or cruel, but it's just a silly suggestion.

The goal should be to win a World Series and that is accomplished by acquiring talented players. Suarez has demonstrated he can help the Reds win a World Series. He's shaping up to be the best Reds 3B in franchise history. He just clubbed 49 HRs, is only 27, and has a team-friendly contract. Now isn't the time to trade Suarez.

7. Likes:

Powder River (12-14-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'd look to trade Senzel before Suarez (though it would have to be a mild overpay for Nick).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

North (12-14-2019),Sea Ray (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer22 View Post
    In theory, this isn't a bad idea at all. I'd agree that the main pieces would need to have more control. I wonder if the Dodgers would move Lux for
    Reds trade: Ay You Hey Knee Oh

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Alright, I thought about this thread and not to sound terse or cruel, but it's just a silly suggestion.

The goal should be to win a World Series and that is accomplished by acquiring talented players. .
    Who should the Reds acquire and how should they acquire them?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Reds don't need to trade anyone.

But everyone is available for the right price if it can help the club.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Who should the Reds acquire and how should they acquire them?
    Those details are for the other discussion threads. I propose trading prospects over Suarez.

I just that that given Suarez’s ability, age, position, production, and contract, the Reds’ demands in a trade would gut most teams.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-13-2019)

The only reason you should trade Suarez is if you believe the players you are getting in return are going to be better then Suarez. Other then that no you do not trade him. In fact just like Votto I see him in a reds uniform the rest of his career.

18. Likes:

WrongVerb (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    I am not sure how a person who calls themselves a fan of the Reds and a fan of the sport can watch a Castillo start and come away being anything but a Castillo fan.

Numbers aside (which are good across the board), do you actually watch his starts?

Also, you do realize that Suarez threw up a .500 OPS month last year, and every player this side of Mike Trout has good a bad stretches?
    I actually watch all of his starts. He has very good stuff but his ability to pitch is very much in doubt. I am not a big fan of Castillo he does not throw strike. He throws fewer pitches in the strikezone than virtually any other starter in baseball. He really relies on people chasing out of zone.

I was talking about more than a bad month. For the last 4 months of the year an era over 4 that just does not cut for a guy that people talk like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has very good stuff esp the change up. But his 4 seam fastball is ok. It is comparable in speed and spin to what Jumbo Diaz threw for the Reds. Just because a guy throws 97 does not make it a great pitch.

He has great talent but his performance has been underwhelming considering how good his Sept 2018 and his start to 2019 was.

Contracts like Suarez's are what teams like the Reds need to be competitive. By trading him off after he signed a team friendly deal because he wanted to stay here, you are sending the wrong message to other players in the organization. The damage done by this kind of move could be far greater than anything you get in return.

With Josiah Gray making his MLB debut today, I thought I would bump this and wonder what if.

Turn Off Ads?