Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is will be my most disliked thread ever- the Reds need to trade

Re: This is will be my most disliked thread ever- the Reds need to trade

Value is harped on a lot here. I often times think it is conflated for production. Suarez offers both, but if the Reds think they can turn some of that value into enough production to substantially move the needle past where they are with Suarez on the team, it needs to be explored

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    Just go wild with the Dodgers again....

Castillo, Suarez, Iglesias
    Buehler, Seager, Verdugo, couple of 2020/21 MBL ready prospects, one being getting Downs back

Then take Price off Redsox hands plus Benintendi including 10 mil a year for Price contract

Benintendi CF
    Seager SS
    Moose 3b
    Senzel 2b
    Votto 1b
    Verdugo RF
    Winker/Aquino Combo LF
    Barnsali C

Buehler/Gray/Price/Bauer/Disco
    The Price thing continues to be just bad....

It would take a bunch for me to trade Suarez, but if Dodgers wanted to give us a haul like Lux or Seager, May, Downs and Gray, and an outfielder we like, I might be up for it. We have guys that can fill in at third.

Braves could probably put together a package too.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Every time someone suggests we re-trade for Josiah Gray and Jeter Downs, my eyes roll out of my damn head. Let it go. No one would ever care about them if they had never been Reds.
    I included Downs because he is looking like a Top-100 SS prospect and the Reds now lack that in their system. Gray I have just as a fallback to May but again could be a top-100 SP prospect. Both of those things are desired regardless of whether they had been in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    Nothing personal OP, but dislike is not a strong enough word at the suggestion of trading Suarez. Goes for Castillo suggestions too!

By all means (sarcasm) lets trade our MVP and one of our two best pitchers.

If we were about to lose them to FA or were facing a rebuild, then OK, but we want to trade a veteran power slugger reasonably signed with years of control simply because of supply and demand curves?

I agree with the earlier post...stop giving the cream of the crop players to the same stinking big markets!!!!!!! Has anyone actual thought how this HELPS the competition? Give them an affordable player, and they just have more $ to improve their franchise.
    I would not move Castillo as the Reds lack an identifiable replacement. The proposed return I have in the first post is hardly giving him away. It addresses the CF and shortstop needs in the short term while adding May to one of the best rotations in the league. It may help out the Dodgers but it may make the Reds the favorite in the Central.

6. Likes:

goldglover9 (12-12-2019)

Well Rendon is an Angel, lets gets rid of Suarez ASAP!

I’m sure we can pick up 3 or 4 useless pawns in the process and by 2025 we can get back to relevance....

8. Likes:

HammerTime (12-12-2019),MrRedSkull (12-12-2019),RedForLife (12-12-2019)

Without reading previous posts in this thread.... I'm not even sure how you entertain the idea of trading Suarez. He is such a big part of our lineup and not to mention, is an absolute STEAL with his contract. How much would he go for if he were a free agent. I can guarantee not for what the Reds have him on the hook for. The 2 guys on this current roster who you do not trade are Geno and Luis.

10. Likes:

RedForLife (12-12-2019)

Would take a lot more then that for a return.
    Go Gators!

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I'm of the mindset anyone should be available IF it ultimate helps your team get better, but I can't imagine too many scenarios where moving Suarez would make the Reds better. It would probably have to be some sort of blockbuster with multiple guys trading places. I don't think LA would do this original proposed deal for even half of what is suggested on its end.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

The whole purpose of making trades is to land players like Eugenio Suarez and Luis Castillo. I wonder what Detroit fans think about the Suarez trade. He's a clubhouse favorite, a fan favorite, a leader and he has a great attitude. Not to mention the fact that he's just now entering his prime. Some say trade him while his value is high. By that standard we should have traded Johnny Bench after his 1970 MVP season.

14. Likes:

reds77 (12-12-2019),Ron Madden (12-12-2019),WrongVerb (12-12-2019)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedForLife View Post
    The whole purpose of making trades is to land players like Eugenio Suarez and Luis Castillo. I wonder what Detroit fans think about the Suarez trade. He's a clubhouse favorite, a fan favorite, a leader and he has a great attitude. Not to mention the fact that he's just now entering his prime. Some say trade him while his value is high. By that standard we should have traded Johnny Bench after his 1970 MVP season.
    The difference, however, is that Johnny Bench was surrounded by high-end talent in 1970 on the verge of contending for many year. Eugenio Suarez has been surrounded by an extremely deficient everyday 8, and that's probably putting it too kindly.

I'm not advocating to deal him, but if the deal was right and the Reds clearly got better, I would not complain.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

16. Likes:

Falls City Beer (12-12-2019)

Call up the Braves. They want a masher at 3b, have some money but not enough for Donaldson or an Arenado trade and have the young talent to get it done. Pache or Waters, Ian Anderson and another young player with upside but some recent MLB struggles whose shine is off (Riley, Wright, Wilson) and Camargo would have to get some attention. Offers lots of potential versatility, immediate/near ready help, long term upside and $10 million extra to make a move for more high priced talent via trade or FA. Nobody else in the 3b market can I see matching up with.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    eugenio suarez
    there is about to be a feeding frenzy for top 3b players. The reds have one on a rediculously friendly team contract.

Joel sherman
    ‏@joelsherman1
    https://twitter.com/joelsherman1

year age tm salary s
    2020 28 cincinnati reds $9,535,714 5.061
    2021 29 cincinnati reds $10,785,714
    2022 30 cincinnati reds $11,285,714
    2023 31 cincinnati reds $11,285,715
    2024 32 cincinnati reds $11,285,715
    2025 33 cincinnati reds *$15,000,000 $15m team option, $2m buyout

the reds need to shop suarez and shop him now. His contract, in contrast to those who are in play and who just signed, is amazing and allows for many to play for him.
    The demand must be high and still allow the team to complete.

I propose suarez to the dodgers for seager, pederson, downs, and may or gray. It allows both teams to upgrade. For the reds, pederson goes to center, seager to ss, moose to 3rd and senzel to 2nd.

Name:  egg-on-face-egg.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  24.1 KB

Suarez for Lux and Verdugo. Instantly solves the entire lineup: Lux at SS, Verdugo to CF, Senzel back to 2B and Moustakas to 3B. Frees up an extra 10M or so and now we’re looking at, what 35M to tackle free agency with? You might be able to squeeze that to be Ryu + Ozuna or Bumgarner + Castellanos or Keuchal + Dickerson + Will Harris.

I’ll always at least listen on any player.

20. Likes:

goldglover9 (12-13-2019)

What I find funny is the link in reds fans mind that Castillo and Suarez are at the same level of player.
    Suarez is a stud. Castillo is a nice controllable player.
    Look at Castillo last year was great at the start of the year. But from June 1 to the end of the year 4+ era and Disco era was a half run better. Castillo has a lot of skill but is v dry inconsistent and throws the fewest strikes. In 2018 he had a great September to salvage his overall numbers. I believe reds fans over value how good he actually is as a pitcher.
    Bottomline he has been a mixed bag where Suarez is good all the time.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    What I find funny is the link in reds fans mind that Castillo and Suarez are at the same level of player.
    Suarez is a stud. Castillo is a nice controllable player.
    Look at Castillo last year was great at the start of the year. But from June 1 to the end of the year 4+ era and Disco era was a half run better. Castillo has a lot of skill but is v dry inconsistent and throws the fewest strikes. In 2018 he had a great September to salvage his overall numbers. I believe reds fans over value how good he actually is as a pitcher.
    Bottomline he has been a mixed bag where Suarez is good all the time.
    I could say the same thing about Suarez, who just only cracked the 4 fWAR barrier for the first time in his career this year.

Turn Off Ads?