Turn Off Ads?

Thread: President's Cup

President's Cup

Anyone watching? Holy hell the Americans aside from Tiger Woods really shaat the bed yesterday. Too bad we can only sit 2 today. Looks like he chose Bryson and Finau to sit today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: President's Cup

That was a great President's Cup. Great to watch and that was as human as Tiger has ever been. He's really opened up in recent years. Cool to see the emotion to win as a captain/player.

And I'm no fan of Patrick Reed, tho I don't hate on him either, but I'd be okay with penciling him onto every American team for the foreseeable future. Whether it be positive or negative, he brings all kinds of energy that stirs things up. And I can't help but love watching it. He also seemingly plays better the more people hate him, which is quite the talent. He was playing out of his mind in that singles match. He hit one of the best bunker shots I've ever seen anyone hit and was all the way dialed in. He's an insane talent when he has that going.
    Last edited by Stray; 12-16-2019 at 01:11 AM.

4. Likes:

Chip R (12-16-2019)

Re: President's Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    That was a great President's Cup. Great to watch and that was as human as Tiger has ever been. He's really opened up in recent years. Cool to see the emotion to win as a captain/player.

And I'm no fan of Patrick Reed, tho I don't hate on him either, but I'd be okay with penciling him onto every American team for the foreseeable future. Whether it be positive or negative, he brings all kinds of energy that stirs things up. And I can't help but love watching it. He also seemingly plays better the more people hate him, which is quite the talent. He was playing out of his mind in that singles match. He hit one of the best bunker shots I've ever seen anyone hit and was all the way dialed in. He's an insane talent when he has that going.
    That turned into a great President’s Cup. Its rare for a team event to come down to the last 2 matches. And seeing Tiger open up is nice to see. Similar to Duval. It’s amazing how being humbled can change a person for the better. Not that either necessarily needed to change, but I think they’re both a lot more appreciative now. Duval is awesome and my favorite golf analyst now.

I’m no fan of Reed either. In fact, I can’t stand him. He’s a known stealer (from his teammates) and cheater. As a former collegiate golfer and current professional, I have absolutely no respect for him. I think he’s a cancer and I would never pick him on my team. Yes, he’s great for drama and it’s fascinating watching a one-man train wreck, but I can’t root for someone who’s such a questionable human being.
    Last edited by Redhook; 12-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?