12 23.53%
  • CF Mike Siani

18 35.29%
  • CF Jose Siri

0 0%
  • Other - Specify in Comments

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #8 Prospect???

2019-2020: Who is the Reds #8 Prospect???

RHSP'er Antonio Santillan has taken the #7 slot.

Please, discuss why you are voting for who you are voting for.....this is a slow time of the year so it's more than welcomed.

^If you are voting other, please make sure to tell me who the other vote is for in the comment section.

***THIS IS A 72 HOUR POLL***

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #8 Prospect???

Callihan Auto Parts.

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

NC Reds (12-13-2019)

I can't believe people are actually voting for a 7th inning reliever and a who knows what he is yet DSL player over recent big $ high ceiling draftees.

6. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I can't believe people are actually voting for a 7th inning reliever and a who knows what he is yet DSL player over recent big $ high ceiling draftees.
    I can't believe people are throwing votes behind a guy who spent two years hitting like a flea. There's disbelief to go around.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

Tuff Nut (12-13-2019)

Lyon Richardson. Advanced for a very young pitcher. Seems to control the strike zone. Won’t be a TOR but on his way to being a good MLB starter.

Threw 113 solid innings as a 19 year old in A ball. High draft choice, 2nd round.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-13-2019 at 01:23 AM.

10. Likes:

BillDoran (12-13-2019),WrongVerb (12-13-2019)

Siani easily. He's got all the tools and is still very young and plays CF very adeptly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Lyon Richardson. Advanced for a very young pitcher. Seems to control the strike zone. Won’t be a TOR but on his way to being a good MLB starter.

Threw 113 solid innings as a 19 year old in A ball. High draft choice, 2nd round.
    Me too.

Richardson has far fewer red flags than does Siani.

After Richardson, I'm going to have to make a decision between reaching for very young players and low ceiling guys who might help sooner rather than later.

This has typically happened five to seven spots lower than it's happening now.

The farm system, beyond Santillan, is a sad mix of the untried and the underperforming.

13. Likes:

Kc61 (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Siani easily. He's got all the tools and is still very young and plays CF very adeptly.
    Aren’t power and contact skills tools?

I’ve never fully understood the “5 tool” thing. Does it just mean he’s athletic? Seems like BS to me.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

M2 (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Aren’t power and contact skills tools?

I’ve never fully understood the “5 tool” thing. Does it just mean he’s athletic? Seems like BS to me.
    "5 tools" = Looks good in a uniform

Siani's scouting report from 2080 should give all fanboys pause.

Fangraphs likes him much, much more, and, if that's your only source of information (or the only one you trust), I can see the ranking here.

17. Likes:

M2 (12-13-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I went Lyon, too. He made some big steps forward in terms of performance last year. I can't get over Siani's lack of power, especially considering that K rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I voted Kuhnel because he is closer to helping the Reds, and your "$ high ceiling draftess" are still huge question marks, that may never make a cup of coffee.

This far down on the list, I went with Hinds. He's only 19, strong, & could develop into a power hitter at the big league level.

I went with the surest bet this time (Joel K.) because those with the highest ceiling (Hinds, Acosta) don't have enough of a track record yet. That's how I feel at this moment; that's all.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    "5 tools" = Looks good in a uniform

Siani's scouting report from 2080 should give all fanboys pause.

Fangraphs likes him much, much more, and, if that's your only source of information (or the only one you trust), I can see the ranking here.
    What pause? It's saying he's a gold glove level plus defender, plus base runner, and average with the bat and power. We all know this. I still like his overall potential. If he makes it to the show he could end up being an Ender Inciarte type player.

23. Likes:

DocRed (12-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    I voted Kuhnel because he is closer to helping the Reds, and your "$ high ceiling draftess" are still huge question marks, that may never make a cup of coffee.
    Of course they are question marks - as is Kuhnel by the way, but when making a prospect top 30 or 40 or whatever a recent highly valued draftee (in the eyes of an MLB organization) who may be a starting CF'er or a #3 starting pitcher or a starting 3Bman in the show has to outweigh an MLB ready 7th inning reliever.

At least IMO. Unless they look like they might be a closer in the bigs their value just doesn't warrant being ranked higher.

Turn Off Ads?