Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Re: College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    It's a two point spread. Ain't saying much other then the odds-makers slightly favor Clemson. What all are they taking into consideration? #1 is QB Field's health (knee), even with the rest. There's a question mark. #2 is Clemson's resume when it comes to the CFP. This same team is the reigning national champs who whipped up on a talented Alabama team 44-16. They're an experienced team, well coached, went undefeated, and has consistently been there. So giving them a slight edge doesn't bother me one bit. And being a slight underdog should motivate this Buckeye team too.

The only way you beat all the media BS is by going out there, proving them wrong, and just winning.

These are four talented teams, powered by very similar offenses and talented QBs. IMO, it's going to be a defensive coordinator's nightmare because these so-called elite defenses that everyone brags and harps on all season ... turns into a pumpkin come play-off time. And it's going to be the same this year too IMO.

It's all about match-ups.

Clemson-Ohio State? The match-up is closer then before ('16). Who is going to control that line of scrimmage? Clemson has to stop our running game. Their run D is tops, right there with Ohio State. For the Buckeyes it's about exerting pressure on QB Lawrence, and a HUGE test for our secondary.

If there is a Buckeye fan who says they aren't worried about this upcoming game then they're in denial (LOL).

Yeah, Ohio State can win this game IMO. Tough test. But I like it. Because if they beat Clemson they've already passed "the" test, and it shows me, yeah, they can beat LSU.

But first things first.
    I agree with most of this, but just a point to quibble, it’s not the same Clemson team. They don’t have Ferrell, Wilkins and Lawrence who all went in the first round and were an absolutely terrifying defensive line. I still think Clemson is elite and they replaced those guys with good guys, but it’s not the same. I think it’s shifted from a massive advantage for Clemson the last couple seasons to an advantage for OSU. But like I said in the OSU thread, it’s a little hard to tell due to Clemsons lack of competition and will be interesting to watch early.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Everyone in the media has picked them to lose.

Who cares?

If I were a gambling man and took every majority of winners... I'd be flat broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nobody's attacking Ohio State. A fan created this title and it sure sounds like that fan has an inferiority complex and considering that Ohio State is one of the very few "haves", that's nuts.

As for losing to Clemson if it were to happen, there's no shame in that. I sure wouldn't call OSU a failure for that
    I thought this title was created by a Kentucky/WVU fan?

Think it comes down to Fields being near 100%. They will need the full playbook to beat Clemson

"So Fla Red"

Beating defending champion, 28-game winning streak Clemson with 2021 1a QB Trevor Lawrence

Then having to defeat LSU in New Orleans with 2020 1a QB Joe Burrow

A duanting task and arguably would be the most earned championship in NCAA History

6. Likes:

GAC (12-17-2019),HeatherC1212 (12-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post

Think it comes down to Fields being near 100%. They will need the full playbook to beat Clemson
    Yeah, can we square this up before going forward? I've read "typical OSU fans" and "sounds like that fan has an inferiority complex".

But is it even a OSU fan?

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah, can we square this up before going forward? I've read "typical OSU fans" and "sounds like that fan has an inferiority complex".

But is it even a OSU fan?
    It's a UK Football Fan. (yes apparently they exist)

The title should be changed by a moderator as the title is clearly an intent to troll Buckeye Nation

The title should be changed by a moderator as the title is clearly an intent to troll Buckeye Nation
    So (unconfirmed) it was a troll at OSU fans. But it was done by a non-OSU fan.

And (confirmed) some others used the thread title to get some digs in. (“Nuts”, “Typical OSU fan”)

And none of any of this was done by fans (in the sense that OSU is their favorite team) of OSU.

And it’s been asked in this very thread “why is it always about the Buckeyes”.

Interesting.

LOL, this thread got Sea Ray'd!

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-18-2019),GAC (12-18-2019),HeatherC1212 (12-18-2019),WVRed (12-17-2019)

College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Feel free to change the title. If I knew it was going to cause this much of an uproar, I’d have opted for something else.

I apologize to any Ohio State fan who took it as trolling.
    Last edited by WVRed; 12-17-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

GAC (12-18-2019),Revering4Blue (12-17-2019)

I said "a fan". Who he's a fan of, I can't say

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    LOL, this thread got Sea Ray'd!
    What's wrong with asking the question "why is it Buckeyes against the World?"

I said nothing like this:

Yet you call me out? C'mon...

Beating defending champion, 28-game winning streak Clemson with 2021 1a QB Trevor Lawrence

Then having to defeat LSU in New Orleans with 2020 1a QB Joe Burrow

A duanting task and arguably would be the most earned championship in NCAA History
    Plus the run up was three straight games against teams ranked in the Top 12. Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I said "a fan". Who he's a fan of, I can't say
    Darn those UK fans who have an inferiority complex regarding OSU. They mess everything up!

18. Likes:

WVRed (12-17-2019)

It blows my mind that I've watched this OSU team destroy the Big 10 all season, all victories by double digits, completely annihilating many opponents, Top 5 Offense AND Defense, 2 Heisman finalists...and yet its an UNDERDOG in the CFP. Wow. I'm not questioning WHY OSU is the underdog (Clemson is loaded) but its amazing to have a season like this and NOT be the overwhelming standout and even in a discussion as one of the best teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Feel free to change the title. If I knew it was going to cause this much of an uproar, I’d have opted for something else.

I apologize to any Ohio State fan who took it as trolling.
    It is no surprise to me that it created an uproar. Just sayin'...

Turn Off Ads?