Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lol right
    It didn't look real to me

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football 2019 Bowl Season: Buckeyes Against the World

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You mean 2005?
    Yep, big typo.

And I agree on your list, I think if Palmer had stayed as healthy as Andy Dalton he'd have been a Hall of Fame type.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yep, big typo.

And I agree on your list, I think if Palmer had stayed as healthy as Andy Dalton he'd have been a Hall of Fame type.
    There was something about Palmer, maybe it was the way he exited Cincinnati, that I thought he was missing. It may have been Marvin, it may have been innate in Carson, but it always seemed like the elite QB's were making one more play than Palmer did. I thought Palmer was good, almost great, but man there was just something missing that put him over the top.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    There was something about Palmer, maybe it was the way he exited Cincinnati, that I thought he was missing. It may have been Marvin, it may have been innate in Carson, but it always seemed like the elite QB's were making one more play than Palmer did. I thought Palmer was good, almost great, but man there was just something missing that put him over the top.
    I agree. Palmer had great physical skills but he never had that it factor that Russell Wilson exudes so well. As for his exit, I don't like how he bashed the Brown family seeing as the bulk of his problems were injury related. History shows he left a winning team. The team went to the playoffs five straight yrs after he left so it's hard to make the case that MB didn't build a team that could win

7. Likes:

This interview with Joe Burrow makes it sound like the money OBJ was giving out was not fake:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ls...o-lsu-players/

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

-Trevor Lawrence gets a ton of love, but I was not impressed with him this post season. He did most of his damage with his legs, something I don't think he can do at the next level. I think he is a better athlete than many think he is, but Clemsons vaunted passing game was kinda blah.
    Yeah, he was a lot better last postseason. I've watched several Clemson games the last two years, I don't remember him ever being scattershot like that. It's the kind of thing that makes you wonder if he was hurt, but everyone's hurting by that time of year, so... Also, they never did seem to find a reliable third option this season to go with Higgins and Ross. Last year there was Hunter Renfrow as a security blanket working the middle of the field, especially on third down. This year, both Ohio State and LSU had an elite-plus corner who could shut down one of the WR1s (usually Ross), allowing them to give the other corner some help over the top, and nobody else was getting open consistently unless Lawrence got out of the pocket and bought extra time.

Anyway, good for LSU, they were clearly the best team this year.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

10. Likes:

OBJ has somehow managed to make this all about him. I really don’t like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    OBJ has somehow managed to make this all about him. I really don’t like him.
    And possibly opens up an investigation by walking around on the sidelines handing LSU players cash! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

..."New Orleans police on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on a complaint of simple battery.

Video surfaced this week showing Beckham slapping the buttocks of a Superdome security guard in the LSU locker room after the Tigers' national championship victory over Clemson on Monday in New Orleans.

According to records obtained by NOLA.com, the security guard had been telling LSU players to put out cigars in the locker room before he was slapped."..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ell-beckham-jr

So he slapped a male security guard on the buttocks in a men's locker-room, in jest, and gets an arrest warrant for assault. Ridiculous IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-17-2020),Redsfaithful (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So he slapped a male security guard on the buttocks in a men's locker-room, in jest, and gets an arrest warrant for assault. Ridiculous IMO.
    I agree. OBJ is a specimen,, but you and me are from a different era of sensibilities. What you and I would laugh off is now a terrible diss worthy of national exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I agree. OBJ is a specimen,, but you and me are from a different era of sensibilities. What you and I would laugh off is now a terrible diss worthy of national exposure.
    OBJ is a clown. He made LSU winning the title about him as much as he could. From handing players fake but non fake money, interrupting Coach O in the locker room, being on a megaphone trying to direct the band to play something, and now getting in trouble for slapping a cop on the rear.

In all reality, this is a non story, but you like a richard and you will get in trouble.

18. Likes:

GAC (01-18-2020),Revering4Blue (01-19-2020),Todd Gack (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Dude, he deserved it just out of sheer stupidity.

OBJ is a clown. He made LSU winning the title about him as much as he could. From handing players fake but non fake money, interrupting Coach O in the locker room, being on a megaphone trying to direct the band to play something, and now getting in trouble for slapping a cop on the rear.

In all reality, this is a non story, but you like a richard and you will get in trouble.
    Like I said, he's a real piece of work. He hit a guard on the fanny. If today's norms applied to me in my youth, I would have been slapped in irons for tossing a snowball and jailed for using a peashooter. If a bunch of kids snowballed a bus today, the SWAT team would be called out. Our parents definitely would have died in prison.

Turn Off Ads?