Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Reds sign Wade Miley to 2y/$15m deal

Re: Reds sign Wade Miley to 2y/$15m deal

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don’t know what you mean by keeping a guy back or 5.5 starters. But if Mahle and Antone are pitching well they should be used. Now, immediately, in whatever role is needed. Miley too if he’s effective on return.

This team has among the worst - maybe the worst - bullpen numbers in baseball. They don’t have enough good pitchers on the 13 man staff. 44 games remaining, use your best guys, nobody is held back, every game is critical.
    Trying to coach manage a roster/organizational depth chart the same way during this as you would a 162-game season makes zero sense. It plays into the snail's pace evolution that MLB decision-makers have always operated under.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don’t know what you mean by keeping a guy back or 5.5 starters. But if Mahle and Antone are pitching well they should be used. Now, immediately, in whatever role is needed. Miley too if he’s effective on return.

This team has among the worst - maybe the worst - bullpen numbers in baseball. They don’t have enough good pitchers on the 13 man staff. 44 games remaining, use your best guys, nobody is held back, every game is critical.
    I agree with you you picked your best guys and pitch them as often as I can. When they have the doubleheader against the Cubs in a couple week you piece one of those games together. Somebody will be rested enough to go 3 or four innings
    Crazy Reds Fan

What I mean is the Reds are being mindful of how they use their starters. It’s a weird season, especially for SP. Guys aren’t in their normal routines and likely won’t be. Injuries are popping up more than usual. You have to keep these guys safe and if your only option to spot start just pitched an inning a day or two ago, you run into problems.

I agree they need to start using these guys and finding roles for Miley, Mahle and Antone. But there will be doubleheaders, there aren’t many off days and these guys are going to need an extra day’s rest here and there (see Bauer, T).

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-12-2020)

Wtf was that tonight? Did he reinjure that groin covering first?

Reds.com says Miley just hit his pitch count so he was removed. They did not pull him because of groin irritation.

Wade Miley feels like Alex Wood

9. Likes:

TeamSelig (08-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mgbrown66 View Post
    Reds.com says Miley just hit his pitch count so he was removed. They did not pull him because of groin irritation.
    ...and I thought it was fan irritation.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

my dog's name is Wiley he's glad his namesake is pitching for a team I root for again cause I toss his toy baseball and give him a treat when he catches itmy brother's family has a dog named tessie so I used to play his cousins song when I didthat now Iplay a Bronson Arroyo song .
    Last edited by blumj; 08-13-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

If Miley was on a pitch count, why did he look so surprised to see them taking him out? Was he not aware, or is this a cover story?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If Miley was on a pitch count, why did he look so surprised to see them taking him out? Was he not aware, or is this a cover story?
    “The ball felt like it was coming out of my hand a lot better,” Miley said. “Obviously [during] the long first inning, I was trying to find some crispness. I kind of got through it; managed. Only gave up one there. I felt a lot better in the second, but I guess I got to a number they had in mind for me and they got me out of there.”

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/wade-m...tart-with-reds
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?