Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Big 12 better hope Texas is good because otherwise yikes.
    Don’t sleep on Oklahoma State. Has two Heisman candidates one of which was the leading rusher in FBS last year. Their starting QB got hurt last week and is out but they are handling WVU right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fair enough not to sleep on OSU, but they trailed Tulsa pretty much the whole game last week, so if that's your gold standard for the league, the league is probably bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Fair enough not to sleep on OSU, but they trailed Tulsa pretty much the whole game last week, so if that's your gold standard for the league, the league is probably bad.
    I say that and they are laying an egg in the second half. Still winning.

Can’t say the same for Texas right now.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Texas defense is apparently a problem.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-27-2020)

Mike Leach goes to Death Valley and knocks off LSU. KJ Costello has 623 passing yards and 5 TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Don’t sleep on Oklahoma State. Has two Heisman candidates one of which was the leading rusher in FBS last year. Their starting QB got hurt last week and is out but they are handling WVU right now.
    eh....I would not say OK State "handled" WVU.....WVU just kept peeing on itself. I think WVU actually had more offensive production that OK State. All that said, I assume OK State is a better team with their starting QB....but they are a flawed team.

Right now, it does not appear the Big12 will have a playoff worthy team. I think this year may be the year that and undefeated AAC team has a chance. I think UCF is the best team in that conference, but they will have to beat Cincy who is also strong. I think for that to happen, they will need either 'Bama or Florida to slip up and only one team from the SEC makes it assuming the ACC (Clemson?) and Big10 (Ohio State?) get a team in....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-27-2020)

I think Mike Leach is great for college football and I'd love for him to stay there, but he seems to almost be a victim of his own success. He went to bad football schools and put up stupid numbers. But people could always say yeah but he couldn't do it "there". Rolling into the SEC and breaking the all time single game passing record in game 1 against the defending national champs puts that to bed. Great coach and great character. But I do selfishly want him to stay in college football.

How many undefeated teams will there be this season? Watching this BYU team tonight, and I do not see a loss on their schedule which is very light, but without the non con schedules this year, we may have significantly more teams without a loss.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Boise is now on the BYU schedule, and they might be good. Won't know for a while as Boise's game 1 is in three weeks.

I think we can now confirm that the Big 12 is horrible. OK State might still have a good team, but hopefully no Big 12 teams in the playoffs.

Arkansas wins it's first SEC game since 2017, upending the Leach express 21-14.
    Go Gators!

Nice win for the Cats today, but Ridder has not made the jump I was expecting from him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think we can now confirm that the Big 12 is horrible. OK State might still have a good team, but hopefully no Big 12 teams in the playoffs.
    If OK State could get rolling, they have the starpower to get in the playoffs. They should get their QB back soon. Right now, I do not think they are on that level, but have to keep in mind their QB has been out since early in the first game. The true freshman they are currently playing came into the season as the 3rd string QB and was out for much of preseason because of COVID. After watching Oklahoma struggle for the 2nd week in a row, OK State should be in position to win every game on their schedule if healthy. My hesitation with OK State is their one weakness is the OLine, and that is one of those weaknesses that will likely be too much to overcome at some point.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-04-2020)

Thoughts after Week 5.....

- I change my mind on the Big10 being ranked before they take the field. I did not initially care, but now I can see how it makes no sense. Teams are winning and losing...their rankings are going up and down....what do you do with all of the B10 teams that are ranked? How do you justify moving them down or moving them up based on what everyone else does that week? What would be the evidence that they are better or worse from week to week?

- Oregon is expected to be the best team in the PAC12, but after releasing their schedule, they should be disqualified from playoff contention. There are teams in CUSA that have tougher schedules.

- Is it just me or are the SEC offenses becoming more explosive while the defenses have became less stout? Is the SEC becoming what the Big12 was a couple years ago?

- The AAC may have a legit case of being the 3rd, 4th or 5th best conference this season.

- Playoff forecast as of Week 5....
    1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Florida
    4. Ohio State (placeholder until they play?)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    5. Oklahoma State
    6. Georgia
    (I wanted to include BYU....but I need one of these teams to lose)

- within the first 2 weeks, the SEC got the full Mike Leach experience!

- Watch out for the Ponies.....SMU is a handful.

- What does $100 Million buy in college football? A preseason overranking and a decade of disappointment. Think Texas A&M feel good about the Jimbo contract?

- UNC is ranked too high...

- FSU was losing to Jax State in the 3rd Quarter in Tallahassee. Think about that.....95% of college football fans do not even know that the Jacksonville State mascot is the Gamecocks, and at least 80% of college football fans think Jax State is in Northern Florida! FSU plays Notre Dame in prime time next week....that should be fun.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

UCF losing to Tulsa I think marks the end of the UCF "dynasty". They're just a regular old AAC team again.

Turn Off Ads?