Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Duke football and Duke basketball are two different animals. C’mon.
    ok...but I am not missing the opportunity to take a cheap shot at Duke Basketball.....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-25-2020),bounty37h (07-07-2020),Revering4Blue (07-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Is a Blue Devil an animal?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Duke football and Duke basketball are two different animals. C’mon.
    So are Kansas football and Kansas basketball......never mind.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Is a Blue Devil an animal?
    Actually, it is a barbiturate.

UK AD tells donors that football and basketball games will be capped At 50%.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...l-with-donors/
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Does anyone seriously think college sports are going to have fans?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yes, eventually. This fall? There would have to actually be college sports for their to be fans, and there aren't going to be college sports. Maybe cross country or golf or something no one wants to go see anyway, but I'm not seeing how football can possibly happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Yes, eventually. This fall? There would have to actually be college sports for their to be fans, and there aren't going to be college sports. Maybe cross country or golf or something no one wants to go see anyway, but I'm not seeing how football can possibly happen.
    Ha yes I meant this season.

I still think football is going to happen in some version. It will likely be a very cut down conference only schedule and it might be in the spring, but I still think they’ll play because money.

I know they're going to try given the monetary issues. I just don't think they're going to be able to get it done. Someone is going to get really sick, or there's going to be a large outbreak, and that's going to be that. Hope I'm wrong, but with a sport like football I just don't know how it can be avoided. I feel like the Ivy League is doing it right by going ahead and kicking the can to next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I know they're going to try given the monetary issues. I just don't think they're going to be able to get it done. Someone is going to get really sick, or there's going to be a large outbreak, and that's going to be that. Hope I'm wrong, but with a sport like football I just don't know how it can be avoided. I feel like the Ivy League is doing it right by going ahead and kicking the can to next spring.
    Word is Ivy League will announce Wednesday that all fall sports will be moved to spring. Will be a logistical challenge, but seems like the right move. Wonder if dominoes will start to fall after this announcement, just like they did when the Ivy was the first to cancel their conference tournament in March?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I just don’t see how they will be able to let fans into college football games. Lots of fans, particularly 18-22 year old college students, lose their judgement in proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed (yes I know the drinking age is 21 but fake IDs are rampant). There is no way social distancing would make it past the second quarter.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I do....I think they will take some measures to social distance that will mostly be window dressing because lets face it.....they will not be able to enforce masks, and people will be eating and drinking, etc. etc., and you cant put that on the stadium staff. Then you have tailgating, bathrooms, etc. etc.

I would expect some type of explicit or implicit waiver being required when a ticket if purchased.

In my opinion, Football is the one sport that you should not even play without at least 50% of the stadium full....it would just be a horrible environment with no fans.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    that's what many people said about Zion
    Wondering if manning would stay in Zions house if he went to Duke, esp since its next door to Coach Cuts house.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I do....I think they will take some measures to social distance that will mostly be window dressing because lets face it.....they will not be able to enforce masks, and people will be eating and drinking, etc. etc., and you cant put that on the stadium staff. Then you have tailgating, bathrooms, etc. etc.

I would expect some type of explicit or implicit waiver being required when a ticket if purchased.

In my opinion, Football is the one sport that you should not even play without at least 50% of the stadium full....it would just be a horrible environment with no fans.
    College football for the most part will certainly suffer without the environment. It's part of what sets the sport apart, but they are going to play the games without fans vs not playing them at all. They have to for the TV money alone.

I don't think it matters for the NFL at all. NFL environments for 80% of games is kinda meh anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I just don’t see how they will be able to let fans into college football games. Lots of fans, particularly 18-22 year old college students, lose their judgement in proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed (yes I know the drinking age is 21 but fake IDs are rampant). There is no way social distancing would make it past the second quarter.
    I hate to break it to you, but 18-22 year olds are not socially distancing right now and will certainly not be when they get back to campus. A football game hardly changes the dynamic for college students.

Turn Off Ads?