Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    probably something like you suggest, but I would prefer they realign more regionally and actually recreate a 6th power conference. Not the AAC, but take 3-4 of the best AAC schools.....peel back off Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Maryland, Va. Tech, Penn State (I know, it would be nearly impossible for Penn State to exit), force ND into the B10 etc. etc. 6 conferences, regionally aligned would clearly save millions in travel across all sports for many schools.
    The problem always comes down to not having a central body to figure it out, so you get the conferences and their competing interests not necessarily making the best final product, or at least the one that makes the most sense.

I’m a big soccer fan and college football would be ideal from a promotion relegation system, but that is absolutely never going to happen even if there is a big conference realignment, even though the economics of it for all involved would make a ton of sense.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Great article on The Athletic today (subscription required) about the emerging Euro talent market for college football and how COVID-19 is effecting it this year.

I think this market is about to explode over the next decade, and I am very excited that WVU has been out in front of this one. Ohio State, Alabama and other blue blood programs are now mining Europe for talent.

4. Likes:

North (04-20-2020)

My Tennessee Vols keep adding to their 2021 recruiting haul. Here's another 4 star guy:

Tennessee added another versatile piece to its 2021 recruiting haul Wednesday night with the commitment of four-star athlete Kaemen Marley.

The 6-foot-2, 206-pound Marley, out of Eastern Randolph High School in Ramseur, N.C., is ranked by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the No. 5 athlete in the class. He’s No. 146 nationally with a 0.9357 rating and is the No. 8 prospect in the state of North Carolina.
    https://247sports.com/college/tennes...ete-147363360/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My Tennessee Vols keep adding to their 2021 recruiting haul. Here's another 4 star guy:

https://247sports.com/college/tennes...ete-147363360/
    There has been a lot of discussion about if they will be able to hold this class together....I have read that they have taken commitments from several high end guys that have never visited campus and other schools are thinking (or maybe hoping) several of them can be flipped when they visit other schools. Just seen the discussions, I have no personal opinion or knowledge of the class/recruits.

Pat Dye, the legendary Auburn football coach behind four SEC titles, has reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus and is in the hospital with kidney issues.

There has been a lot of discussion about if they will be able to hold this class together....I have read that they have taken commitments from several high end guys that have never visited campus and other schools are thinking (or maybe hoping) several of them can be flipped when they visit other schools. Just seen the discussions, I have no personal opinion or knowledge of the class/recruits.
    There is a lot of speculation that when/if games are played, Tennessee may have a tough time keeping the class together. Its easy when momentum is building, its a little more difficult when you are 4-3 to start the season.

This is for Sea Ray...

Tennessee nabs another commitment in Alabama’s Class of 2021

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/...s-of-2021.html
    Last edited by North; 05-22-2020 at 11:27 PM.

How does Michigan get front page ESPN coverage for signing a player they themselves rank 184th in the country? I get that he is a very good player, but not the kind a program usually gets this level of attention for signing.

That's always a real issue. Time will tell if they can hold onto them

How does Michigan get front page ESPN coverage for signing a player they themselves rank 184th in the country? I get that he is a very good player, but not the kind a program usually gets this level of attention for signing.
    https://twitter.com/11W/status/1264739079515779073?s=20

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Players decommit, but generally once a player commits they are locked in. I can’t remember the exact percentage, but it’s high.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Oh brother. Very poor judgment. These are both misdemeanors in Tennessee but since he wasn't expected to play much anyway, they might send a message and let him go

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Players decommit, but generally once a player commits they are locked in. I can’t remember the exact percentage, but it’s high.
    correct in a normal year, when almost every commit has visited campus multiple times.....right now many recruits are just committing without ever even visiting the school they are committing to because they are unable to visit....and some speculate it may be to lock in a safe spot, but it will not prevent them from taking many visits once the rules allow. Some schools like Clemson will not allow a commit to take more visits, which has already caused a couple decommittments this year, but most schools are not in Clemsons position where they can place those types of restrictions on recruits. Only time will tell if this year mirrors a normal year in regards to limited decommittments or will the circumstances result in an outlier year.

Former Auburn head coach Pat Dye passes away at 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?