Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Man Kevin Warren looks like a deer in headlights on BTN...hard to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Will you not watch college football if Fields and Lawrence aren't playing?
    Of course i will watch. I would also watch a team of scrubs play for the Reds in strike season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Both Nebraska and Ohio State AD have come out with statements basically saying they voted against postponing and were disappointed with the decision. Pretty shocked they would do that after the fact. Kind of like a slap in the face of the Big Ten.

Gene Smith Ohio State AD

“President-elect Johnson and I were totally aligned in our efforts to delay the start of the season rather than postpone. I am so grateful to her for all her efforts in support of our student-athletes and a traditional fall season."

Nebraska AD/President statement even stronger...

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/sta...763009/photo/1
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-11-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I hope Ohio State joins the Big 12.

What a ridiculous decision to make today.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

I’d hate to have to play you guys knowing what the blowouts would be like but it would make the SEC that much better and set up a likely OSU-Bama SEC Championship every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Honestly Kevin Warren's interview was terrible...he basically sounded like a bot giving non-answer after non-answer for 20 minutes. Gene Smith's interview right after was way better and actually answered some questions bout the decision.

Well Gene Smith basically just said OSU isn’t going to do anything.

PAC 12 also canceled.

Well the Pac-12 just postponed. Let's hope at least everyone postpones at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Well Gene Smith basically just said OSU isn’t going to do anything.

PAC 12 also canceled.
    Well he talked about contract tracing being impossible to do in football, which makes sense. Warren gave zero answers.

Although I'm disappointed I do realize that there are football players that are technically at risk on every team, and that is the offensive and defensive lineman. Obesity in it self is a huge risk for Covid complications even for young people. If it wasn't for that then the risk would have been much much less iMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Although I'm disappointed I do realize that there are football players that are technically at risk on every team, and that is the offensive and defensive lineman. Obesity in it self is a huge risk for Covid complications even for young people. If it wasn't for that then the risk would have been much much less iMO.
    They are suspending the season because the players wanted to make a union, not because of Covid-19. They are justifying their reasoning with the obvious health risks for those certain players, but they were totally fine with playing until the top players from the power 5 conferences made the statement that they wanted some benefits.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    They are suspending the season because the players wanted to make a union, not because of Covid-19. They are justifying their reasoning with the obvious health risks for those certain players, but they were totally fine with playing until the top players from the power 5 conferences made the statement that they wanted some benefits.
    Stop and think about this, people are concerned about canceling a sport that has a history of concussions, has been linked to CTE, and is responsible for injuries and even some deaths either directly or indirectly over a virus that we still don’t know long term what the ramifications are going to be from it.

The union and potential lawsuits are a bigger part of the picture than keeping players safe. If you really believe the NCAA cares about keeping them safe, you are kidding yourself.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-12-2020),Bourgeois Zee (08-12-2020),Revering4Blue (08-11-2020)

Should also note the PAC 12 is the first conference to cancel college basketball.

14. Likes:

DocRed (08-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Should also note the PAC 12 is the first conference to cancel college basketball.
    *non-conference college basketball
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

I don't see how the SEC can continue. They have the highest number of cases in America per capita currently and their healthcare infrastructure in many of their states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia are among the worst in the country. I mean 9 of the bottom 10 on that list are SEC states.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...th-care/23457/
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-11-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    This probably makes it more likely that happens not less, so I don’t think that’s why they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Gene Smith Ohio State AD

“President-elect Johnson and I were totally aligned in our efforts to delay the start of the season rather than postpone. I am so grateful to her for all her efforts in support of our student-athletes and a traditional fall season."

Nebraska AD/President statement even stronger...

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/sta...763009/photo/1
    Nebraska might be surprised when the big 10 says "Good, make your departure permanent"
    Go Gators!

19. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-12-2020)

Turn Off Ads?