Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Colorado State doing their best to get the season postponed, with a report out of the team covering up cases and threatening athletes if they self-report symptoms.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ts/5572625002/

Edit: some players pushing back on the veracity of this story, so we'll see.
    If football needs to be cancelled for safety that's one thing but if it happens because the media runs these kinds of stories unchecked....

Multiple players are calling bs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-big-te...124413462.html

The Big Ten released their football schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-big-te...124413462.html
    The Big Ten released their football schedule.
    Michigan and Ohio State will face each other Oct. 24 -- the first time since 1942 that the rivals will not play at the end of the regular season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Michigan and Ohio State will face each other Oct. 24 -- the first time since 1942 that the rivals will not play at the end of the regular season.
    Hopefully...

They also said the Big Ten Championship Game can played as late as 12/19 (2 weeks later than scheduled) and both divisions have a uniform bye week in November, so they’ve built in some options to reschedule things.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Hopefully...

They also said the Big Ten Championship Game can played as late as 12/19 (2 weeks later than scheduled) and both divisions have a uniform bye week in November, so they’ve built in some options to reschedule things.
    College football 30 days from now with three B10 teams currently quarantined seems pretty optimistic, but I guess you start somewhere.

Speaking of the conference...over 1000 B10 athletes issued some recommendations: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...ootball-season
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

UCONN cancels season, have to think all the independents that don't have a conference to take care of them will do the same.
    Go Gators!

This will be UConn's most successful football season in a while. They should have shut that disaster of a program down 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    This will be UConn's most successful football season in a while. They should have shut that disaster of a program down 5 years ago.
    Been all down hill since the ACC passed them over for Louisville.
    Go Gators!

College Football 2020

Never thought I’d mention Ray Lewis and UK football in the same sentence, but here we are:

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/foot...t-to-kentucky/
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Never thought I’d mention Ray Lewis and UK football in the same sentence, but here we are:

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/foot...t-to-kentucky/
    I know if I was unable to make an impact in the AAC, CUSA and Big10.....dropping down to the SEC is the path that would make the most sense...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    If football needs to be cancelled for safety that's one thing but if it happens because the media runs these kinds of stories unchecked....

Multiple players are calling bs.
    They have 10 sources according to the article. That's the definition of checking, is it not?

Sources are saying the Missouri Valley Football Conference (FCS) is canceling fall football and attempt to have it in the spring.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...ing-149974405/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    They have 10 sources according to the article. That's the definition of checking, is it not?
    I think you misunderstood what i'm saying. When I say "unchecked" I mean there is nobody confirming anything about any of the stories. They won't write articles about all of the players/staff who refute these claims. All they did was say we've got 10 sources who don't want to be named saying this and they ran the article. There was no looking into this it was simply another glaring example of a dying industry latching onto something they can sensationalize.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 08-07-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I think you misunderstood what i'm saying. When I say "unchecked" I mean there is nobody confirming anything about any of the stories. They won't write articles about all of the players/staff who refute these claims. All they did was say we've got 10 sources who don't want to be named saying this and they ran the article. There was no looking into this it was simply another glaring example of a dying industry latching onto something they can sensationalize.
    I think you're the person taking something and running with it and sensationalizing. Ten sources is a lot of confirming something. Sources not being named is a pretty standard thing that has been done in journalism as long as there has been journalism, and when 10 different people have the same story it's either a grand conspiracy or getting to some truth.

Do you have a link to where it's being refuted? Maybe I'm missing something where the original news has been clearly invalidated...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think you're the person taking something and running with it and sensationalizing. Ten sources is a lot of confirming something. Sources not being named is a pretty standard thing that has been done in journalism as long as there has been journalism, and when 10 different people have the same story it's either a grand conspiracy or getting to some truth.

Do you have a link to where it's being refuted? Maybe I'm missing something where the original news has been clearly invalidated...
    It’s really not that difficult to understand. Colorado newspaper runs report that CSU 10 anonymous sources with team stated that they are altering contact tracing reports so that players could practice and that players were threatened with reduced playing time is they quarantined. No names were given. Since then players Patrick O’Brien, Marcus McElroy Jr., Tony Mcbride have refuted the rumors saying theyre not being forced to play and that appropriate per cautions are in place at athletic facilities. They also refuted that HC Adazzio and DC Heater rarely wear masks, saying Addazio walks around yelling at people for not wearing masks. After the team stopped activities last week Adazzio stressed to the team that their safety was his paramount concern. Another player Brandon Hickerson-Rooks tweeted that this wasn’t true and whoever is lying needs to go. Player Scott Patchand said “name the sources, cause when I got sick I was urged to call the trainer right away”. Player Casey Irons tweeted “Yeah none of this is true”. Tanner Holland tweeted “None if y’all listen to this man” referring to the report by Kevin Lytle. Lytle also writes “Many players and staffers don’t feel safe. They have no say in safety.” Nice use of the word many. I’m assuming those “many” players were ones his 10 anonymous sources told him about. So you’ve got multiple named players saying these allegations are untrue but we should believe 10 unnamed sources instead?

What aggravates me about the article is while Lytle has continued to report things about CSU he has said nothing about all of the players denying the rumors. This is not journalism this is taking a one sided story and running it with it because why do some real work and do some investigative journalism when you can push this story and you know it’s going to be popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes:

adkindo (08-08-2020)

Turn Off Ads?