Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure how much we should put into recruiting numbers because the evaluations do vary. Regardless, it is a good get for the Vols
    Yup, real nice get for the Vols. They are putting together a nice class.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Without getting into the politics here....does Mike Gundy survive with his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Like all things in college football it's about recruiting and this is going to kill him in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Like all things in college football it's about recruiting and this is going to kill him in that department.
    Will it hurt Dabo?

Absolutely. He did what the far left wanted. He confessed his white sins and now they're moving on. The fact that he has Ok State winning football games has a little to do with it too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Will it hurt Dabo?
    I hope so

Absolutely. He did what the far left wanted. He confessed his white sins and now they're moving on. The fact that he has Ok State winning football games has a little to do with it too
    I thought he'd get past the OANN thing. However, the accusations from the 1989 Colorado game aren't going to go away so easily, I don't think.

I thought he'd get past the OANN thing. However, the accusations from the 1989 Colorado game aren't going to go away so easily, I don't think.
    To be honest I hadn't heard that. Why is that just coming up now? 30 yrs ago?

To be honest I hadn't heard that. Why is that just coming up now? 30 yrs ago?
    The why is for another board. The fact is that it HAS come up, and I'm struggling to see how Gundy keeps his job at this point. As pointed out above, just from a recruiting standpoint if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Will it hurt Dabo?
    The stuff against him and his staff is a little different, so probably not. He's also getting a lot of guys to the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The stuff against him and his staff is a little different, so probably not. He's also getting a lot of guys to the league.
    There are schools that will look the other way and hope the news cycle latches onto something else. Dabo had a coach confess to using a racial slur, Dabo entered a half hearted non-apology apology, and it seems like we are on to other things. I remember a faulty story about a former OSU recruit and Zach Smith being a racist having more traction than the true Dabo Clemson story.

I think it was DeAndre Hopkins said he doesn't mention Clemson because of some racial things down there.

The thing with Gundy and OAN, if you are wearing an OAN shirt with the kind of players you have on your team and you recruit, you are either oblivious or tone def.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...s-in-2027-2028

It might by 7 and 8 years from now, but a H/H with Ohio State and Bama is on the books. Yes please!

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-18-2020),Chip R (06-19-2020),redsfandan (06-22-2020),Sea Ray (06-18-2020)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so
    I don't really remember what Oklahoma State was before Gundy, but it seems he goes about 8-5 every year with a middle of the pack Big 12 finish and a trip to the Alamo Bowl. I guess they've decided that's worth all the other nonsense.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Thing with the racist comment from 89. This should be a no brainer for him. Apologize, say you were young and immature, say you have changed as you grew older.

Unless you didn't actually do it

17. Likes:

Boston Red (06-18-2020)

College Football 2020

The why is for another board. The fact is that it HAS come up, and I'm struggling to see how Gundy keeps his job at this point. As pointed out above, just from a recruiting standpoint if nothing else.
    Gundy has proven though that he doesn’t need a top recruiting class to win, so I don’t think that’s going to be a factor moving forward. He’s still one of the most forward offensive minds in the game.

What’s sad is something akindo posted in the other thread, but i think Chuba Hubbard likely brought attention to a radical news outlet that a lot of people likely had never heard of.

The news attention is cyclical. People will be pissed off about something else next month. Not to mention canning a head coach for any reason during the summer is suicide especially when players can transfer out with no repercussions. Imagine Chubba Hubbard at Ohio State.

Short term I think he weathers the storm. If the team quits on him then we can talk in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?