Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...covid-19-tests

Ohio State stopping all work outs for a week due to positive tests.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Big Ten is only playing conference games. That’s been the rumor and will be official this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Big Ten is only playing conference games. That’s been the rumor and will be official this afternoon.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ll-sports-fall

I look for other conferences to follow suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ll-sports-fall

I look for other conferences to follow suit.
    That’s pretty likely. This basically gives everyone 13/14 weeks to play 9/10 games. Those games also don’t have to be on a Saturday since there isn’t going to be any fans. So basically this buys flexibility which if this is going to happen at all is vital.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That’s pretty likely. This basically gives everyone 13/14 weeks to play 9/10 games. Those games also don’t have to be on a Saturday since there isn’t going to be any fans. So basically this buys flexibility which if this is going to happen at all is vital.
    There’s going to be some marquee matchups lost (Ohio St and Oregon I saw).

As a UK fan I would hate it because we lose playing Louisville. KSR was speculating that the out of conference games would be replaced with SEC West opponents (which knowing Kentucky would be Alabama, LSU, and Texas A&M.)

I’m with you my guess is those games aren’t replaced.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who will Notre Dame play? I assume their ACC opponents and Navy (somewhere but not in Ireland). Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Who will Notre Dame play? I assume their ACC opponents and Navy (somewhere but not in Ireland). Anyone else?
    ACC just did the same thing and are taking Notre Dame into the conference per report.

I mean, I understand it. But kinda silly that it's okay for Ohio State to go play Maryland, but they can't play Bowling Green.

Almost better to blow up the conferences this year and let each team schedule regionally. I know that wouldn't work realistically, but it's going to be a mess anyway.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I mean, I understand it. But kinda silly that it's okay for Ohio State to go play Maryland, but they can't play Bowling Green.

Almost better to blow up the conferences this year and let each team schedule regionally. I know that wouldn't work realistically, but it's going to be a mess anyway.
    It’s not about travel, it’s about control. Without a central governing body to line everyone up, each conference is as good as you can do.

There's not going to be any College Football. What fantasy world are you people living in?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There's not going to be any College Football. What fantasy world are you people living in?
    The one where a lot of money is involved.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-10-2020),Kingspoint (07-09-2020),redsfandan (07-10-2020),Revering4Blue (07-10-2020),Spanky (07-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Notre Dame will not have to play anyone and be ranked #1 all season.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Notre Dame will not have to play anyone and be ranked #1 all season.
    Well, that WOULD make them undefeated.

The ACC will accommodate ND but other independents like New Mexico State and UMASS will probably be up the creek.
    Go Gators!

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but 18-22 year olds are not socially distancing right now and will certainly not be when they get back to campus. A football game hardly changes the dynamic for college students.
    So as long as the noose is tied, we might as well jump of the horse, is what you're saying.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?