Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m thinking the ACC went to the table thinking the SEC was going to try to fight to keep those games while in reality the only four schools that would have cared reside in the SEC East.

Does anyone really think Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Missouri, Arkansas, and LSU were going to vote to play more games than necessary? Especially when some of those games would have been likely losses (Oklahoma-Tennessee, Notre Dame-Arkansas)

I’ll give the SEC credit for one thing, putting off the start of the season as late as they did because in the beginning they were mentioned as possibly being the one conference that would try to play a full season. Now all eyes are on the Big 12.
    not sure what Alabama will do without their 3 creampuffs on the schedule every year....no Citidel...no UT Martin...no Birmingham South High School....not sure how they will survive without ripping off their season ticket holders with those garbage type games.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    they need to go 9.....every conference should go 9 conference games at a minimum in the P5. Also, it does not matter if those games are blowouts....they (long term rivals) are the heartbeat and foundation of college football. It literally drives me crazy that WVU no longer has an annual rival.....it is criminal that the AD's @ WVU and Pitt do not make the Backyard Brawl an annual event.
    Before the brawl it was WVU-Va Tech, WVU-Miami.

There’s also been Maryland and Penn State.

I could make a Marshall reference but I’m not going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

4. Likes:

RedsBaron (08-10-2020)

The NCAA is going to allow athletes to put social justice statements on their jerseys.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/07/30/ncaa-...mpression=true
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Before the brawl it was WVU-Va Tech, WVU-Miami.

There’s also been Maryland and Penn State.

I could make a Marshall reference but I’m not going to.
    huh? before the Brawl? The WVU-Pitt rivalry in football goes back to 1895 and the teams played each other in 104 seasons....almost every year until 2011. It was the first college football game to ever be broadcast on the radio in 1921. It was one of the greatest and longest rivalries in college football. Pitt has played WVU more times than Pitt has even played in state rival Penn State. It will be renewed in 2022, but is only guaranteed for 4 seasons as of right now. The WVU-Va. Tech thing did not really get heated until the late 80's after WVU sponsored Va. Tech's entry into the Big East.....and Va. Tech was never good until the 1990's in football....and then Miami joined the Big East in the 90's. Don't get me wrong, I do not care for the Virginia Polytechnic Institute or Maryland.....but I hate Pitt. One of my earliest memories in regards to sports as a child is understanding that Pitt s#cks! In my lifetime....WVU Football's most hated rivalries.....

1. Pitt
    2. Pitt
    3. Pitt
    4. Penn State
    5. Virginia Tech
    6. Syracuse/Maryland

Btw, not sure about the Marshall reference, but I am a WVU fan that is a proponent of playing Marshall....even though it benefits them far more than WVU.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Harvey Updike, the guy who poisoned the trees at Toomers Corner at Auburn, has passed away:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ner-trees-dies
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I guess it should come as no surprise that the kid's name is Bear.

9. Likes:

WVRed (07-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I guess it should come as no surprise that the kid's name is Bear.
    What does an Alabama fan and a maggot have in common?

Both can live off a dead Bear for 20 years.

Harvey Updike, the guy who poisoned the trees at Toomers Corner at Auburn, has passed away:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ner-trees-dies
    guy lacked emotional intelligence.....and in a way I kind of felt bad for him because he was not evil, just not the brightest bulb.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

What does an Alabama fan and a maggot have in common?

Both can live off a dead Bear for 20 years.
    that is solid....will use that one at some point. You probably know this as well as anyone...in college sports if you are great today, you focus on the current.....if you are not great today, you focus on the programs history.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    in college sports if you are great today, you focus on the current.....if you are not great today, you focus on the programs history.
    If you are both great today AND have a great history, well, I probably hate you!

Big 12 announced today they will play 9 conference games + 1 out of conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Big 12 announced today they will play 9 conference games + 1 out of conference.
    Maybe WVU can salvage the Florida St game since Florida went all conference. (Edit: never mind, saw the game has already been canceled)

Texas(LSU) and Oklahoma(Tennessee) will have to look for someone else to play.
    Last edited by WVRed; 08-04-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Oklahoma is playing Bobby Petrino's Missouri State team. Given that Missouri State was winless last year, I don't think that will be pretty.

Oops, fake news! Missouri State was 1-10 with an OT win over mighty Western Illinois.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-04-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Go Gators!

Colorado State doing their best to get the season postponed, with a report out of the team covering up cases and threatening athletes if they self-report symptoms.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ts/5572625002/

Edit: some players pushing back on the veracity of this story, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Reds Freak; 08-05-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?