Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Today is finally decision day for the Big 10+. Should be interesting!
    Indiana is in week 5 of High School football (Week 7 Overall)

Congrats to the Big 10 for coming around and losing this political battle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    not really sure why the suggestion is that since the Lions are playing football or some kids are playing baseball is evidence that the Michigan Governor will not be able to influence the Michigan schools playing college football. There were many reports after the initial vote that she was in communication with both Michigan and Michigan State's presidents encouraging them to delay/cancel the football season. She is even on the record claiming to be "glad" that the Big10 was not playing football, and justifying why she believed it was ok for other sports to move forward while being against football this fall. Governors have direct influence on public universities within their state, and there is little doubt about her position. She is a politician so her position could change if she believes it will hurt her political future.
    Do you have a link to any reputable reports of the governor interfering with Michigan and Michigan State football? All I remember seeing is stuff from fan sites and twitter eggs.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Today is finally decision day for the Big 10+. Should be interesting!
    *crickets*
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    *crickets*
    Apparently the Big Ten waited until this morning so that the Nebraska "hot mic" moment wouldn't be quite right. But sounds like they're back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Do you have a link to any reputable reports of the governor interfering with Michigan and Michigan State football? All I remember seeing is stuff from fan sites and twitter eggs.
    no, that was several weeks ago. To be clear, it was not a message board site, it was an article or tweet from a journalist that claimed a source confirmed she was in contact with both and either encouraged or supported their decision not to play. I am not understanding why anyone would have doubts? I get if you want to take the position that I am not going to believe or not believe unnamed sources, but having doubts when it fits into everything she has did and said in recent weeks is something I do not understand. She would not allow high schools to play football while allowing other sports, and only gave in recently when it became clear it was a losing issue at the ballot box. She is clearly on the record stating she was "glad" the Big10 took the position to cancel football....and I know of no other Governor that went on the record suggesting they were pleased about the decision. Can I guarantee you that she was involved...no. If there was one Governor in the entire country that would most likely be involved in cancelling football and illogical restrictions based on their actions in recent months....it is her.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Apparently the Big Ten waited until this morning so that the Nebraska "hot mic" moment wouldn't be quite right. But sounds like they're back now.
    Sucks for PAC12...they really will have no reason to play later in the year now. I saw USC players were begging Newsom to loosen restrictions allowing them to play, but I do not see it happening anytime soon. Even if Newsom allowed them to practice/play...they would need Washington and Oregon Governors to allow, and they have their hands full with the fires right now.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    no, that was several weeks ago. To be clear, it was not a message board site, it was an article or tweet from a journalist that claimed a source confirmed she was in contact with both and either encouraged or supported their decision not to play. I am not understanding why anyone would have doubts? I get if you want to take the position that I am not going to believe or not believe unnamed sources, but having doubts when it fits into everything she has did and said in recent weeks is something I do not understand. She would not allow high schools to play football while allowing other sports, and only gave in recently when it became clear it was a losing issue at the ballot box. She is clearly on the record stating she was "glad" the Big10 took the position to cancel football....and I know of no other Governor that went on the record suggesting they were pleased about the decision. Can I guarantee you that she was involved...no. If there was one Governor in the entire country that would most likely be involved in cancelling football and illogical restrictions based on their actions in recent months....it is her.
    Michigan has the second-lowest seven-day positivity rate of the Big 10 states (2.9%, Wisconsin is highest at 14.6%). I don't follow the state of Michigan close enough, but I'm guessing their response might not have been perfect but it's looking pretty good.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Michigan has the second-lowest seven-day positivity rate of the Big 10 states (2.9%, Wisconsin is highest at 14.6%). I don't follow the state of Michigan close enough, but I'm guessing their response might not have been perfect but it's looking pretty good.
    Oregon has been in the 4's, 5's and 6's for quite a while now.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefo...-12-plans.html

Governor made an exemption for the Ducks and Beavers.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Shaun Wade opted out. OSU already down 2 elite players. Probably more to come. I’m sure Fields is coming soon. Kinda hope they just cancel at this point.
    Wade and Davis have been opted back in and will play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wade and Davis have been opted back in and will play this season.
    Of course they did because they are ballers. If you love the game, care for your teammates, and do not have any health issues that would increase your level of vulnerability.....you are going to run through that tunnel with your guys to take the field on game day.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

PAC12 should forever be known as a subsidiary of the Big10....or the Big10's little b@#$%. Nearly zero discussion of football....the Big10 announces they are playing, and suddenly the PAC12 views the world completely different.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Not a great slate of games today with the Big12 out and the SEC & Big10 yet to begin. A few decent games....

- UCF (-7.5) over Georgia Tech...and covers the 7.5 point spread.

- Marshall upsets App State (-5.5)

- Miami over Louisville (-2.5)

- Do not expect Notre Dame to cover the 23.5 points against USF
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Nebraska opens with Ohio State.....Big10 sending a message?
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?