Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Not a great slate of games today with the Big12 out and the SEC & Big10 yet to begin. A few decent games....

- UCF (-7.5) over Georgia Tech...and covers the 7.5 point spread.

- Marshall upsets App State (-5.5)

- Miami over Louisville (-2.5)

- Do not expect Notre Dame to cover the 23.5 points against USF
    just missed the last one.....did not expect USF to look so bad. That is easily the worst USF team I have seen take the field, and I recall them as a D1AA team.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

thoughts from today....

- OK State did not look good, but if their QB is back next week, they are likely a very different team....one that we will not have the advantage of have decent film on from this year.

- UCF is legit again. They were a little rusty, but when their offense is rolling, it rolls downhill. They are as athletic as they have ever been across the board, and the QB may be another special one. The only team on their schedule that sticks out as worrisome is Cincinnati who also appear good this season.

- Sorry, but Marshall is a solid football team this year. I am not sure I see a loss on their schedule.

- Miami is better than they have been in recent years, but not nearly as good as they think they are this year.

- Not buying the Notre Dame hype this year.....USF is really bad this year and at times looked more like a solid Division II team. They were just smaller and less athletic at every position....the program has really diminished over the last two seasons.

- also....Nebraska needs to begin making plans to return to the Big12. The Big10 clearly sent them a message with that schedule early in the season, and if you are Nebraska you need to realize you are not viewed as relevant by other conference members.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

was glad to see Marshall get into the AP Rankings this week before the Big10 are included....it has been a while since Marshall was ranked....
    ― Marcus Aurelius

thoughts from today....

- OK State did not look good, but if their QB is back next week, they are likely a very different team....one that we will not have the advantage of have decent film on from this year.

- UCF is legit again. They were a little rusty, but when their offense is rolling, it rolls downhill. They are as athletic as they have ever been across the board, and the QB may be another special one. The only team on their schedule that sticks out as worrisome is Cincinnati who also appear good this season.

- Sorry, but Marshall is a solid football team this year. I am not sure I see a loss on their schedule.

- Miami is better than they have been in recent years, but not nearly as good as they think they are this year.

- Not buying the Notre Dame hype this year.....USF is really bad this year and at times looked more like a solid Division II team. They were just smaller and less athletic at every position....the program has really diminished over the last two seasons.

- also....Nebraska needs to begin making plans to return to the Big12. The Big10 clearly sent them a message with that schedule early in the season, and if you are Nebraska you need to realize you are not viewed as relevant by other conference members.
    Didn't know this until today, but there is a reason Nebraska got the schedule they did. The B1G set up the schedule in a way that for each six year period there is a set crossover game. Nebraska was given OSU for that (Wisconsin - Michigan, Purdue - Indiana, etc.) It was supposed to pit like programs together and then after the six years elapsed, there would be a new team added. Once you consider that, Nebraska had 7 games set, and you take the cross divisional home game that was slated this season (since OSU was on the road) and you have their schedule. No punishment, just the way the schedule fell this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Didn't know this until today, but there is a reason Nebraska got the schedule they did. The B1G set up the schedule in a way that for each six year period there is a set crossover game. Nebraska was given OSU for that (Wisconsin - Michigan, Purdue - Indiana, etc.) It was supposed to pit like programs together and then after the six years elapsed, there would be a new team added. Once you consider that, Nebraska had 7 games set, and you take the cross divisional home game that was slated this season (since OSU was on the road) and you have their schedule. No punishment, just the way the schedule fell this season.
    I do not doubt you in regards to who they play....but for a team desperate to get off to a better start, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State stacked up in the first 4 weeks seems rough.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I do not doubt you in regards to who they play....but for a team desperate to get off to a better start, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State stacked up in the first 4 weeks seems rough.
    I’m not arguing that it’s not a comically difficult start for Nebraska, it is. One factor that I haven’t seen discussed hardly at all for the Big Ten is just how cold it might be for the end of the season. Everyone is going to be playing outdoor games for 2-3 weeks beyond when they typically do and unless we get lucky with a mild December that becomes a factor potentially.

I’m really happy OSU is playing Penn St early for example. For a team with a running QB and some athletic offensive weapons it might benefit Nebraska to play some of the “better” teams early.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m not arguing that it’s not a comically difficult start for Nebraska, it is. One factor that I haven’t seen discussed hardly at all for the Big Ten is just how cold it might be for the end of the season. Everyone is going to be playing outdoor games for 2-3 weeks beyond when they typically do and unless we get lucky with a mild December that becomes a factor potentially.

I’m really happy OSU is playing Penn St early for example. For a team with a running QB and some athletic offensive weapons it might benefit Nebraska to play some of the “better” teams early.
    It is a good point....but I have to wonder if the guys in that locker room are getting to a point where they may be questioning if Frost is as good as advertised, and starting off 1-3 could cause a spiral. I personally still believe in Frost....not saying he is elite, but I believe he has the ability to motivate and inspire young men. That crew he had at UCF would have ran through a wall for him....it was fairly deep. They appear to like Heupel, but it clearly is not the relationship that Frost had with that locker room when he was at UCF.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

College Football starts in 3 days. Can't wait

SportsCenter
    @SportsCenter

Breaking: The Pac-12 will play a seven-game college football season beginning Nov. 6, a source told @CFBHeather

7:05 PM · Sep 24, 2020
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Well, at least the Big Ten no longer is the silliest conference.

Kanas State has came back and tied Oklahoma @ 35 with 8:17 left in the game...
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Kanas State has came back and tied Oklahoma @ 35 with 8:17 left in the game...
    KState takes the lead with a FG....4 minutes left
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Kansas State who lost to Arkansas State last week knocks off #3 Oklahoma in Norman.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Big 12 better hope Texas is good because otherwise yikes.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-27-2020)

Oklahoma’s odds of making CFP actually increased by 5%
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (09-26-2020),Revering4Blue (09-27-2020)

Turn Off Ads?