Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: College Football 2020

Texas / OU heading for overtime. All this following Texas A&M' s game winning field goal with no time left, as well as a successful goal line stand propelling Mizzou to victory over LSU.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Looking back, Toledo Tom's (Amstutz) UT teams were a blast to watch. And it still surprises me to this day that it all fell apart for Amstutz's tenure as HC, as I figured that he'd be coaching there for decades.
    From what I heard (I knew somebody at the time with inside info) there was a very serious problem with player discipline off the field. Not one terrible incident, just a general culture. Once it started affecting on field results it got him booted. He would've coached forever, I think he's still affiliated with the program in some manner. That guy bleeds blue and gold.

Those teams were fun to watch. Amstutz went for 4th downs a whole bunch more than most, and never met a bubble screen he didn't like. My personal favorite was the center-eligible pass, which I didn't even know you could do . It only went for 4 yards, but it was pretty cool.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-10-2020)

Ole Miss with 'Bama step for step....score for score....tied up @ 35
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The SEC has turned into the big12, with the exception of MSU which has 2 points in 3 quarters.
    Go Gators!

7. Likes:

Chip R (10-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The SEC has turned into the big12, with the exception of MSU which has 2 points in 3 quarters.
    right....most games have been shootouts this year
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

That game was fun to watch last night, but that barely resembled the football I grew up watching. Absolutely no defense whatsoever. Obviously there’s a lot of talent on offense, but I wouldn’t even call that game great offense, it was truly terrible defense.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Bama is in a bit of a transition, at least for them. They still might run the slate in the SEC because the other top teams don’t appear to be quite as good as they have been either.

Clemson looks like Clemson. We will see what OSU looks like here shortly, but if they are what the expectations are, hard to see how those aren’t the top 2 at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Bama is in a bit of a transition, at least for them. They still might run the slate in the SEC because the other top teams don’t appear to be quite as good as they have been either.

Clemson looks like Clemson. We will see what OSU looks like here shortly, but if they are what the expectations are, hard to see how those aren’t the top 2 at the end.
    I would not count out Florida in the SEC. I say that because even in the lean years, they had a great defense, and was expected to have a good defense this year. It has not been to this point, but if it gets on track, they could very easily with the SEC East and Championship. It has been a weird year....Leach comes into the SEC and puts up 630+ yards in Game #1 against LSU, then his offense got shut out this weekend against a winless UK. Looking at the rankings and ND is #4 and UNC is #5....I have watched both this season and neither is a legit Top 5 level team.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Based on LSU/Mizzou, it seems the Mississippi State win over LSU has more to do with LSU being hot garbage than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I would not count out Florida in the SEC. I say that because even in the lean years, they had a great defense, and was expected to have a good defense this year. It has not been to this point, but if it gets on track, they could very easily with the SEC East and Championship. It has been a weird year....Leach comes into the SEC and puts up 630+ yards in Game #1 against LSU, then his offense got shut out this weekend against a winless UK. Looking at the rankings and ND is #4 and UNC is #5....I have watched both this season and neither is a legit Top 5 level team.
    The problem with Florida is they have already lost a game. They may run the table from here on out, but I would be surprised.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I can see Florida running the table, but unless they show a lot more I don’t think they are a legit threat.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The problem with Florida is they have already lost a game. They may run the table from here on out, but I would be surprised.
    They have lost a game, but if they win the SEC, the odds are very high they get into the playoffs. The offense is finally good....but the defense has not been nearly as good as expected. Btw, I am no Gator fan....they are easily my least favorite FL team behind FSU, Miami, UCF, USF, FAU, etc.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    They have lost a game, but if they win the SEC, the odds are very high they get into the playoffs. The offense is finally good....but the defense has not been nearly as good as expected. Btw, I am no Gator fan....they are easily my least favorite FL team behind FSU, Miami, UCF, USF, FAU, etc.
    Florida still has to go through Georgia and Bama if they want to make it to the playoffs. If they do that, then they will be in the playoffs. The odds of them doing that are pretty slim if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Florida still has to go through Georgia and Bama if they want to make it to the playoffs. If they do that, then they will be in the playoffs. The odds of them doing that are pretty slim if you ask me.
    I agree, it will not be easy....but coming into this season I thought they would be better than UGA....now I am not so sure.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

How nervous are Ohio State (or fans of any B10 team) fans about Game #1? No warm-ups...no non con mulligans and speculation is there has been less live action this preseason for most teams.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?