Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'll stick with the UCF is pretty much just an ordinary AAC team now narrative. Because they are.
    an ordinary AAC team would not finish in the top half of each P5 conference, and I think UCF would...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Mack Brown's 3rd quarter decision to eschew a chip shot FG down 31-7, only to fail on a 4th down pass into the endzone, came back to haunt the 'Heels.

As for FSU, why Jordan Travis wasn't starting at QB from the get-go is another fair question, as a mobile QB is a must for Norvell's offense.
    New coaching staff, no spring practice to speak of, and Travis missed a lot of preseason camp. It's obvious enough now, but I suppose they do need to see the guy play a little bit first.

As for the mobile QB issue, Norvell's offense worked fine without one at Memphis. It's a mix of pro and spread concepts. But all things being equal, a QB who can run makes a lot of things easier. I think Travis is average at best as a passer, but if he can just hit the wide-open guys and move the chains now and then with his legs, that's a lot better than we've been getting in recent years.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

The Athletic is reporting that Penn State starting RB Journey Brown may be out for the entire season with an undisclosed medical condition discovered in the offseason.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    New coaching staff, no spring practice to speak of, and Travis missed a lot of preseason camp. It's obvious enough now, but I suppose they do need to see the guy play a little bit first.

As for the mobile QB issue, Norvell's offense worked fine without one at Memphis. It's a mix of pro and spread concepts. But all things being equal, a QB who can run makes a lot of things easier. I think Travis is average at best as a passer, but if he can just hit the wide-open guys and move the chains now and then with his legs, that's a lot better than we've been getting in recent years.
    yeah, I have seen a lot of activity online over the last 48 hours kind of rewriting the history of Travis....as in everyone knew he would be good if given the chance. Jordan Travis was low 3 Star recruit out of college...and not even a Top 100 guy within the state of FL. None of that means he will not excel at FSU, but I am not buy that everyone expected him to come in and play great that claimed so on Sunday morning. I just knew they had to try something besides Blackman, but I had no idea how the backup would play. The real difference was Travis was mobile and Blackman was not which allowed some plays to be short gains instead of the normal TFL or interception from Blackman.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    an ordinary AAC team would not finish in the top half of each P5 conference, and I think UCF would...
    You've been watching too much ACC football...

7. Likes:

GAC (10-20-2020)

The problem with the programs at Nebraska and Tennessee is neither has been able to find a head coach worth anything. At least not one of the likes of an Osbourne or Fulmer.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    The Athletic is reporting that Penn State starting RB Journey Brown may be out for the entire season with an undisclosed medical condition discovered in the offseason.
    Big loss. If he's out and with Parsons out, they've lost the best players on each side of the ball they expected to have back.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The problem with the programs at Nebraska and Tennessee is neither has been able to find a head coach worth anything. At least not one of the likes of an Osbourne or Fulmer.
    Add to it, the Huskers switched conferences. Miami and Florida St. joined conferences. Seems that Penn St. hardly skipped a beat even with the chomo stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Big loss. If he's out and with Parsons out, they've lost the best players on each side of the ball they expected to have back.
    Go Hoosiers!

11. Likes:

GAC (10-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Add to it, the Huskers switched conferences. Miami and Florida St. joined conferences. Seems that Penn St. hardly skipped a beat even with the chomo stuff.
    how does switching conferences impact the situation? Florida State joined the ACC almost 30 years ago right at the time they were solidifying themselves as a national power.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is Sea Ray gone? I’d be curious to hear his take from this game/season.
    Apparently, SR is pissed at the mods here because they don't like his political views. I must say that the political forum is one sided(left wingers), but that is ok. But to censor one sided is BS. So if you don't hear from me it is because I have been swallowed up by the "Reds".

The mods figured out that SeaRay was Q. So of COURSE he had to be censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The mods figured out that SeaRay was Q. So of COURSE he had to be censored.
    Very freaking funny.

Apparently, SR is pissed at the mods here because they don't like his political views. I must say that the political forum is one sided(left wingers), but that is ok. But to censor one sided is BS. So if you don't hear from me it is because I have been swallowed up by the "Reds".
    It is a 100% echo chamber that lacks tolerance at a near child like level, but I have not encountered moderators trying to silence opposing views. The moderators are part of the echo chamber, but that is not actively silencing other views. If you find an online forum with anything that resembles equal numbers of partisan users, it will be the first that I am aware of....the majority always turns it into an echo chamber on both sides.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The mods won't discuss it, but that's absolutely not what happened. And SR left on his own accord.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

This is not the place for this discussion, but this needs to be responded to. He was not censored, and I'm really not sure where you got that idea. You can PM me if you'd like to further discuss.

19. Likes:

dabvu2498 (10-22-2020)

Turn Off Ads?