Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    So Dabo made it official that Lawrence is out for ND next weekend. I think Clemson still has a solid chance to win, but if they come up short, it would be the perfect setup for the ACC to get 2 playoff slots. They would almost definitely include a 1 loss Clemson if Lawrence was not playing....and ND would have good odds to finish unbeaten.
    Agreed. Even tho I live 5 mins from Clemson I don't really care how they do, but I'm going to be their biggest fan next weekend. Cincy needs to dodge this scenario.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    So Dabo made it official that Lawrence is out for ND next weekend. I think Clemson still has a solid chance to win, but if they come up short, it would be the perfect setup for the ACC to get 2 playoff slots. They would almost definitely include a 1 loss Clemson if Lawrence was not playing....and ND would have good odds to finish unbeaten.
    JMO, but I think ND is gonna get exposed big time next week by Clemson (without Lawrence).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    JMO, but I think ND is gonna get exposed big time next week by Clemson (without Lawrence).
    ND is better than some give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think they'll fare well in the ACC, but I still don't think their program, under Kelly, is there yet when it comes to consistently competing in the CFP (winning). The last time they played Clemson was in the semi-finals (2018). And Clemson beat up on them pretty good 30-3. Watching Clemson QB DJ yesterday, and I was quite impressed with his poise and decision-making. Again, JMO, but I don't think they'll miss a beat under him.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-01-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Nice. Bearcats keep inching their way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Nice. Bearcats keep inching their way up.
    UC is looking good for a CFP appearance.

I think they'll fare well in the ACC, but I still don't think their program, under Kelly, is there yet when it comes to consistently competing in the CFP (winning). The last time they played Clemson was in the semi-finals (2018). And Clemson beat up on them pretty good 30-3. Watching Clemson QB DJ yesterday, and I was quite impressed with his poise and decision-making. Again, JMO, but I don't think they'll miss a beat under him.
    We shall see.

10. Likes:

GAC (11-02-2020)

UC is looking good for a CFP appearance.
    They obviously have no room for error and a few more chances to slip up - vs. Houston, @UCF, and @Tulsa might not be easy.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Being down to a terrible Michigan State team definitely does
    The question is? ... just how bad is MSU? Like most, I watched that game last week vs Rutgers, under new HC Tucker, and it was laughable, a comedy of errors. But yesterday vs Michigan? Complete 180. Granted, Michigan's secondary is very suspect, but last week WR White had one catch, while QB Lombardi ws putting on a turnover show. And again, as I keep telling myself (lol), this is against RUTGERS!!

So can we then surmise that Michigan is worse then Rutgers (or visa versa)? LOL

The Bucks travel to East Lansing first week of December.

It's been such a screwed up year. .... protocols, people testing positive, games cancelled, and, IMO, no non-conference play, meaning, no cupcake games (for the most part) lol I think that makes things quite interesting with intra-conference play only. Yeah, every conference has their cellar-dwellars that everyone loves to play. But after two weeks of play, I'm not quite sure as of yet who the B1G's cellar dwellars are going to be this year? And the situation right now in Madison doesn't help things.

Yeah, I know OSU is gonna be good, top class within the conference. Who is going to challenge them in the East? (hearing Assembly Hall and other Hoosiers yelling Indiana in the background lol). The race for the West is not necessarily a sure thing anymore. And with six games remaining, looking at the West's intra-division schedule between those fighting, there's better parity and anything can happen between now and then.

Is there a possibility that two from the B1G could be CFP candidates? I certainly see it as possibilites with the SEC and ACC. I think the B12 ain't gonna make it. So why no the B1G? We'll see. Enjoying watching the games though.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-01-2020 at 08:45 AM.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-01-2020)

they have been a little Jekyll and Hyde this year....they looked more like a Top 20ish team against Duke, FSU and Louisville....then they crushed Pitt in a manner that I would only expect teams like Clemson and Ohio State to do.....so I am not sure if they have just finally got it rolling, or if they will continue to be a different team from week to week. Take this weekend for example...they looked solid in beating Ga Tech by 18....but Cuse beat Tech by 17 points, Clemson beat them by 66 Points and UCF beat them by 28 points. I get some of that has noise in it as anecdotal evidence....just not sure if ND is a Top 10 team or a Top 20 team.....it seems to depend on the weekend so far this season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    They obviously have no room for error and a few more chances to slip up - vs. Houston, @UCF, and @Tulsa might not be easy.
    I forgot about the Tulsa game that was PPD. I would say that would be a concerning game before this weekend when Tulsa needed a TD with less than 30 seconds in the game to beat an improving but still fairly weak East Carolina team. I do not think Houston will be an issue. I think it will come down to if they can beat UCF in Orlando. A couple weeks ago, I would have said I did not think Cincy could keep up with UCF's offense....even with UC's elite defense. In recent weeks, UC has shown they may not be an offensive powerhouse, but they can score enough with that defense to beat anyone in the AAC. I will wait until the week of the game to make my pick....get more evidence/data, but my gut says if they beat UCF, they are undefeated.

I would also speculate that UCF would love to be the team to keep UC from being the first non P5 team to get a playoff bid. It would break that glass ceiling for the G6 schools, but again I would guess UCF believes they should be the one to break through first.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Btw....if i am the Big12 in the middle of another mediocre football season, I think I would at least take notice that there are 2 teams (UC & BYU) that are ranked higher than any team in my conference.....and both clearly have a recent history of being programs worthy of P5 consideration and would likely jump at an invite to the Big12. I would even guess they would accept if it was structured to ease them in on less than a full revenue share for a couple seasons (similar to WVU and TCU), which would not reduce the share of current teams.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The question is? ... just how bad is MSU? Like most, I watched that game last week vs Rutgers, under new HC Tucker, and it was laughable, a comedy of errors. But yesterday vs Michigan? Complete 180. Granted, Michigan's secondary is very suspect, but last week WR White had one catch, while QB Lombardi ws putting on a turnover show. And again, as I keep telling myself (lol), this is against RUTGERS!!

So can we then surmise that Michigan is worse then Rutgers (or visa versa)? LOL

The Bucks travel to East Lansing first week of December.

It's been such a screwed up year. .... protocols, people testing positive, games cancelled, and, IMO, no non-conference play, meaning, no cupcake games (for the most part) lol I think that makes things quite interesting with intra-conference play only. Yeah, every conference has their cellar-dwellars that everyone loves to play. But after two weeks of play, I'm not quite sure as of yet who the B1G's cellar dwellars are going to be this year? And the situation right now in Madison doesn't help things.

Yeah, I know OSU is gonna be good, top class within the conference. Who is going to challenge them in the East? (hearing Assembly Hall and other Hoosiers yelling Indiana in the background lol). The race for the West is not necessarily a sure thing anymore. And with six games remaining, looking at the West's intra-division schedule between those fighting, there's better parity and anything can happen between now and then.

Is there a possibility that two from the B1G could be CFP candidates? I certainly see it as possibilites with the SEC and ACC. I think the B12 ain't gonna make it. So why no the B1G? We'll see. Enjoying watching the games though.
    I would rather ask...what is Michigan?

Anyway this is how I see the B1G:

tOSU is head and shoulders the best team.

Wisconsin WAS the second best team...don't know what to think of them now.

Penn St. lost a game they shouldn't have and it cost them their season.

Rutgers is average, but have a coach.

Minnesota can't play defense.

Purdue has not only 1, but 2 guys we should be seeing a lot of on Sunday's in the future.

Iowa is reeling from the off season stuff.

Nebraska doesn't belong in the conference.

If ya don't bring your "A" game, Indiana will beat ya.

Just thoughts......

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I would rather ask...what is Michigan?

Anyway this is how I see the B1G:

tOSU is head and shoulders the best team.

Wisconsin WAS the second best team...don't know what to think of them now.

Penn St. lost a game they shouldn't have and it cost them their season.

Rutgers is average, but have a coach.

Minnesota can't play defense.

Purdue has not only 1, but 2 guys we should be seeing a lot of on Sunday's in the future.

Iowa is reeling from the off season stuff.

Nebraska doesn't belong in the conference.

If ya don't bring your "A" game, Indiana will beat ya.

Just thoughts......
    Pretty much where I am.

Additional thoughts:

- With Minnesota's former OC in place in Happy Valley, even with losses to the NFL factoring in to the equation, PSU's offense is much less creative and far more predictable than it was with Joe Moorehead and/or Ricky Rahne as OC.

- Speaking of predictable offense, Kirk Ferentz has unfortunately reverted back to playing not to lose, instead of playing to win with his offense. Hence, the Hawkeyes are 0-2, when they easily could be 2-0.

- Nebraska has, IMHO, the right coach in place. But -and I hate to keep harping on this - their ceiling as a program remains limited without their Texas-based recruiting base and very little talent (compared with other traditional blueblood programs) within a 600 mile radius of Lincoln.

- The B1G divisional alignment still stinks. But I don't see it changing any time soon.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-02-2020),GAC (11-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?