Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    and we see how the fix is kind on in....Cincy beats the brakes off of a mediocre team with some real talent, the week after doing the same thing to another team, and 2 weeks after doing the same to a Top #20 team.....and they drop in both polls!?!?! It appears the media and P5 coaches have set the ceiling for Cincy @ #6 no matter what happens on the field. The AP moved TA&M ahead of them after stomping a bad South Carolina....and I am not sure South Carolina would beat Houston. TA&M has had some good wins, but this is also the same team that squeezed out a win @ Home against Vanderbilt.....how many close calls has Cincy had this season? Cincy has beat two ranked teams when they played (Army and SMU) and Memphis was ranked earlier in the year.....and will still have to get through very legit teams in UCF @ Orlando and Tulsa @ Tulsa....their schedule will be difficult enough to properly evaluate if they complete their season undefeated. It will be interesting to see if they "cap" BYU in the same manner since BYU is not in the P5+1....but also not in the G6.

I stood up for UCF a couple years ago when they were undefeated. The Power 5 snobs kept claiming they were not on the same level....then they went to a bowl and beat Auburn and the next year would have beat a Joe Burrows led LSU team if not losing their starting QB in the final regular season game and had to start a Freshman with little experience...and still only lost by a TD. I know high level football when I see it, and I am seeing teams that can compete at a high level when I watch Cincy and BYU this year. I am not ready to put either in the college football playoff, but I might be by the end of the season.
    I think this a good point, and if there was ever a season a G5 team should get into the CFP it’s this crazy year. However, I can’t forget how badly OSU beat UC last season. It wasn’t even a game. It hurts BYU and UC they don’t get the chance to play a quality OOC team this year
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oh yeah, I think Rutgers has absolutely improved. No doubt. Schiano is a legit head football coach. With that said: OSU took their foot off the gas.

Also, with regard to the OSU running game: yeah, it’s definitely down compared to the last 6-7 years. I don’t think people understand how spoiled “we” have been watching Elliot and Dobbins. For my money Dobbins the most underrated back in a very long time at OSU. He was a bit of an afterthought because of Haskins, Fields, and the incredible WR corps, however that guy was absolutely the heart of the offense the last three years.
    I think Dobbins was underrated as a whole, but I do think his warts ended up being exposed in the playoffs. He lacked elite speed you would want, he wasn't the best in protection, and he struggled at times catching the ball out of the backfield. However had Dobbins been on this team, it may be the best offensive in college football hands down.

OSU RB room is a mess right now. I do think Fields not really running the ball has affected the run play so far. In the read option, you key on the RB because you know Fields isn't going to keep it. At some point you have to try Chambers more, even Myan Williams because Serman and Teague aren't getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think Dobbins was underrated as a whole, but I do think his warts ended up being exposed in the playoffs. He lacked elite speed you would want, he wasn't the best in protection, and he struggled at times catching the ball out of the backfield. However had Dobbins been on this team, it may be the best offensive in college football hands down.

OSU RB room is a mess right now. I do think Fields not really running the ball has affected the run play so far. In the read option, you key on the RB because you know Fields isn't going to keep it. At some point you have to try Chambers more, even Myan Williams because Serman and Teague aren't getting the job done.
    Yep. Next year the RB room will look a lot better with the incoming freshman. I will be happy to see Teague and Sermon not getting the bulk of carries. Whenever the team is in short yardage on third or fourth I don’t feel great.

I disagree about Dobbins. Clemson is elite and it was one game. That doesn’t discount his career.

Yep. Next year the RB room will look a lot better with the incoming freshman. I will be happy to see Teague and Sermon not getting the bulk of carries. Whenever the team is in short yardage on third or fourth I don’t feel great.

I disagree about Dobbins. Clemson is elite and it was one game. That doesn’t discount his career.
    Not discounting his career. I think there were some concerns with Dobbins as a back. Even during the season with Dobbins rolling, there were concerns about him being able to take in the distance. There were about 10 things that had to happen for OSU to lose that game, and they all did. Some were Dobbins, others weren't. Now don't get me wrong, I think Dobbins was a great back at OSU. I don't think he was Zeke, but that is a high bar.

half of the SEC is cancelled this week....so far the following games are off..

Bama @ LSU
    TA&M @ Tennessee
    Georgia @ Mississippi
    Auburn @ Miss State
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

half of the SEC is cancelled this week....so far the following games are off..

Bama @ LSU
    TA&M @ Tennessee
    Georgia @ Mississippi
    Auburn @ Miss State
    Kentucky and Vanderbilt is 50/50 at this point. SEC has been hit hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’m shocked!

I was randomly thinking about the OSU vs Michigan game earlier today and the thought randomly came to me that it will probably get cancelled.

It’s interesting to see how the college football writers on Twitter seem to be way more “let them play” as opposed to how baseball writers were earlier in the year.

Today’s narrative is that contact tracing is really throwing a wrench into things. Mizzou had to cancel but I read only one positive case occurred the rest of the players ruled ineligible was due to contact tracing.

Which don’t get me wrong, contact tracing is good. Accurate rapid testing post exposure sure would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It’s interesting to see how the college football writers on Twitter seem to be way more “let them play” as opposed to how baseball writers were earlier in the year.

Today’s narrative is that contact tracing is really throwing a wrench into things. Mizzou had to cancel but I read only one positive case occurred the rest of the players ruled ineligible was due to contact tracing.

Which don’t get me wrong, contact tracing is good. Accurate rapid testing post exposure sure would be helpful.
    I’ve noticed this too, and not to get political, I think it’s because college football writers/bloggers/talking heads = conservative and baseball writers/bloggers/talking heads = liberals.

Case-in-point: Kyle Lamb, an OSU football blogger, was literally just hired by Governor DiSantis in Florida as an analyst. He has spend the pandemic spreading conspiracy theories and disinformation about COVID .... aaaand talking about OSU football.

I’ve noticed this too, and not to get political, I think it’s because college football writers/bloggers/talking heads = conservative and baseball writers/bloggers/talking heads = liberals.

Case-in-point: Kyle Lamb, an OSU football blogger, was literally just hired by Governor DiSantis in Florida as an analyst. He has spend the pandemic spreading conspiracy theories and disinformation about COVID .... aaaand talking about OSU football.
    I am not sure how the writers line up, but in regards to fans, college football fans are nearly as likely to be Republican as Nascar fan. The only sport with more conservative fans is the PGA. MLB fans lean Republican, but are more center right.

In regards to your other statement.....you are such a kool-aid drinker.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I still think the team that is at fault, should take the forfeit. We do not have time to make up games and clog up schedules. We know the protocols mostly work because there were far less issues early in the season. Most of this is a result of teams getting a few L's hung on them and not being as locked in....or maybe scout team guys wanting to live the college life....but it is clear to me much of this is because guys are getting lazy in regards to following the protocols they all agreed to before the season and committed to each other to follow.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I am not sure how the writers line up, but in regards to fans, college football fans are nearly as likely to be Republican as Nascar fan. The only sport with more conservative fans is the PGA. MLB fans lean Republican, but are more center right.

In regards to your other statement.....you are such a kool-aid drinker.
    I didn’t provide an opinion either way. I have been quite critical about how over-the-top baseball writers have been with regard to COVID and playing baseball.

As for Kyle Lamb, I know who this guy is, I have listened to him over the years and read his articles about OSU football. He’s a complete whack-job.

Your Governor just hired an UBER driver from Ohio to be an analyst because he’s spreads disinformation on Twitter about the pandemic. It’s pretty simple.

Seems like you’re the one chugging DiSantis flavored kool-aid, not I.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-11-2020 at 01:53 PM.

I didn’t provide an opinion either way. I have been quite critical about how over-the-top baseball writers have been with regard to COVID and playing baseball.

As for Kyle Lamb, I know who this guy is, I have listened to him over the years and read his articles about OSU football. He’s a complete whack-job.

Your Governor just hired an UBER driver from Ohio to be an analyst because he’s spreads disinformation on Twitter about the pandemic. It’s pretty simple.
    I'm pretty sure he used to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Lol would be funny to see his posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wanna DM me the username?

Turn Off Ads?