Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020

Re: College Football 2020

I did not expect much from WVU this season beyond getting back to a winning record as they continue to rebuild. They are 5-3, and are on track to meet those expectations. Then I look at this season to this point, and WVU has two losses that are nearly criminal as they clearly should have beat Texas Tech and Texas. I think most college football fans that have no alignment with any of those teams would agree that WVU was the better team against Texas Tech and Texas, but found a way to lose. I can't say the same about OK State although the score is a little misleading with OK State tacking on a TD with a minute left in the game....WVU actually had more yards than OK State and was driving late in the 4th down by a score. The real difference in that game was a scoop and score by the OK State defense. Nevertheless, OK State deserved the win. So what was expected to be a rebuilding year....should have resulted in WVU currently being 7-1 on a path to the Big 12 Championship game, and that drives me crazy!
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Likes:

GAC (11-15-2020),Revering4Blue (11-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

At what point does Michigan throw in the towel? I know he's a "MICHIGAN MAN" but Harbaugh is getting worse every year.
    Go Gators!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I did not expect much from WVU this season beyond getting back to a winning record as they continue to rebuild. They are 5-3, and are on track to meet those expectations. Then I look at this season to this point, and WVU has two losses that are nearly criminal as they clearly should have beat Texas Tech and Texas. I think most college football fans that have no alignment with any of those teams would agree that WVU was the better team against Texas Tech and Texas, but found a way to lose. I can't say the same about OK State although the score is a little misleading with OK State tacking on a TD with a minute left in the game....WVU actually had more yards than OK State and was driving late in the 4th down by a score. The real difference in that game was a scoop and score by the OK State defense. Nevertheless, OK State deserved the win. So what was expected to be a rebuilding year....should have resulted in WVU currently being 7-1 on a path to the Big 12 Championship game, and that drives me crazy!
    Take the 'coonskin hat off and put down the musket! LOL

I don't know if this Bearcat team can beat the big dogs, but I know we can play with them. And if we keep beating the bejesus out of teams then we deserve the chance.
    Last edited by Stray; 11-14-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    At what point does Michigan throw in the towel? I know he's a "MICHIGAN MAN" but Harbaugh is getting worse every year.
    That was horrible tonight...wow

8. Likes:

Stray (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'm surprised he's still there honestly. It's been obvious for a while he was never going to take Michigan there. Didn't think it'd get this bad, but it's a high bar there. Shoulda been fired a long time ago imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I'm surprised he's still there honestly. It's been obvious for a while he was never going to take Michigan there. Didn't think it'd get this bad, but it's a high bar there. Shoulda been fired a long time ago imo.
    What is his contract? Money wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is his contract? Money wise?
    Honestly don't even know, I just assume Michigan has more than enough to fix this. Cuz Harbaugh is really bad lol.

I just looked it up. Apparently his contract is over in 2021. So they could just wait..... or buy him out for about 10 million. Read a couple articles about him jumping to NFL. I assume there would be a team that would hire him. He had a really good record in SF, although he kind of left them in disarray.

My team (Jags) will be looking for a coach. Sure hope it isn't Harbaugh.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

GAC (11-15-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I just looked it up. Apparently his contract is over in 2021. So they could just wait..... or buy him out for about 10 million. Read a couple articles about him jumping to NFL. I assume there would be a team that would hire him. He had a really good record in SF, although he kind of left them in disarray.

My team (Jags) will be looking for a coach. Sure hope it isn't Harbaugh.
    Yeah, he had some success at SF, but .... there's something about this guy, as far as his coaching ability, clubhouse environment, relations with management, that rub me the wrong way. I personally don't think he's a very good evaluator in drafting talent. It's either that or he can't coach them to success (lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Honestly don't even know, I just assume Michigan has more than enough to fix this. Cuz Harbaugh is really bad lol.
    I hope they give him a Votto contract! LMAO
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Fickell has been linked to Michigan.

I wonder if he would even take it. Can’t imagine someone who has an Ohio State background even entertaining the job or Michigan even entertaining him.

I don’t know what the fix is for Michigan. The last time they got someone who wasn’t a “Michigan Man” it didn’t work well. Harbaugh was the most likely who I thought would turn them around and he’s burnt it to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I don't know if this Bearcat team can beat the big dogs, but I know we can play with them. And if we keep beating the bejesus out of teams then we deserve the chance.
    Do you know that, though?

Last time they played a big boy was last year when they got absolutely destroyed by OSU.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Fickell has been linked to Michigan.

I wonder if he would even take it. Can’t imagine someone who has an Ohio State background even entertaining the job or Michigan even entertaining him.

I don’t know what the fix is for Michigan. The last time they got someone who wasn’t a “Michigan Man” it didn’t work well. Harbaugh was the most likely who I thought would turn them around and he’s burnt it to the ground.
    This michigan man thing is so overblown.

RichRod didn’t work because he’s a gimmicky coach and Hoke was just terrible. Harbaugh is the most overrated coach I’ve ever seen. He’s still riding how he “turned” Stanford around and went to the super bowl with SF. I just don’t think much about Pac 10 football and I think SF’s rise that year had more to do with Kaepernick taking the league by storm and a good defense than Harbaugh.

The answer is pretty simple at Michigan: hire a good coach. They haven’t done that in decades. OSU hiring Ryan Day is a perfect example. There were a lot of folks pushing various coaches with ties to the program and “names” and they decided to go with Day who they and urban strongly believed was an elite coach. They will now be reaping the rewards for a long time.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This michigan man thing is so overblown.

RichRod didn’t work because he’s a gimmicky coach and Hoke was just terrible. Harbaugh is the most overrated coach I’ve ever seen. He’s still riding how he “turned” Stanford around and went to the super bowl with SF. I just don’t think much about Pac 10 football and I think SF’s rise that year had more to do with Kaepernick taking the league by storm and a good defense than Harbaugh.

The answer is pretty simple at Michigan: hire a good coach. They haven’t done that in decades. OSU hiring Ryan Day is a perfect example. There were a lot of folks pushing various coaches with ties to the program and “names” and they decided to go with Day who they and urban strongly believed was an elite coach. They will now be reaping the rewards for a long time.
    Problem is I don’t see any coach out there who could get Michigan onto Ohio States level, whether they are a “Michigan Man” or not. That includes Fickell and I don’t know if he would even accept the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?