Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I did not say plural relievers.

I am specifically referring to James Karnichak. You know, the guy that had 53 strikeouts in 27 innings pitched. A 17.7 so/9.

We are really going to pretend Brad Hand is better than Karnichak because of a .50 difference ERA in a very short season? Really?
    We really going to pretend that a bullpen is only one guy? Someone is going to get those innings that could have gone to Brad Hand, and it's going to wind up being someone who is nowhere near as good as he is and the 7th/8th guy in their bullpen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We really going to pretend that a bullpen is only one guy? Someone is going to get those innings that could have gone to Brad Hand, and it's going to wind up being someone who is nowhere near as good as he is and the 7th/8th guy in their bullpen.
    Just to be clear here: Karnichak is clearly ready to take over the closer role. If we were talking about the Yankees or Dodgers, sure it would be a headscratcher to unload Hand for nothing. But we are talking about the Cleveland Indians. In no way are they going to spend $10 million on a setup man. No way. They recognized Karnichak is filthy and are going to move forward with him as closer. Also, the Indians are overloaded with arms. I get your crusade here, but you aren’t being analytical about this at all.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He said Cleveland had better relievers.
    No he did not.

That said, I think Cleveland has screwed the pooch regarding their vast riches of talent.

The Reds have butchered player development over the past decade so granted I (we) don’t have much room to talk...but it turns my stomach to imagine myself a Tribe fan only to see them squander such talent.

what do you think of this deal

paxton, raney, jankowski, colon de leon, goodwin and davidson for lindor,, I realize its giving up a lot and the reds would have to reqcquire the great raney but it would be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    what do you think of this deal

paxton, raney, jankowski, colon de leon, goodwin and davidson for lindor,, I realize its giving up a lot and the reds would have to reqcquire the great raney but it would be worth it
    Would probably have to throw in Aquino but I’d be willing to do it.

nope give them senzel before he injures his fourth distal phalanx the only bone he has not hurt

- - - Updated - - -

might as well toss in the guy who is in your picture for all his adroit, deft and skillful fielding and clutch hitting

Clase throws 100 once he is back next year in the tribe pen. No way Cleveland was going to pay an aging Hand $10 mill after losing millions this year and no guarantees for next. They've been shedding payroll for a couple years anyway (while hoping to contend). The offense will have lots of new (and cheap) faces next year, but their pitching is good enough to compete again.

Lindor will be dealt regardless of his uninspired play this year and the cost-cutting likely league wide. Reds should check in to see where the cost settles.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (11-10-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    No he did not.

That said, I think Cleveland has screwed the pooch regarding their vast riches of talent.

The Reds have butchered player development over the past decade so granted I (we) don’t have much room to talk...but it turns my stomach to imagine myself a Tribe fan only to see them squander such talent.
    I guess I misunderstood the part where he opened with "The Indians have a full pipeline of arms." then followed it up with replacing Hand.

Every time I see this thread updated, I think it is referring anew to its title. So far, scrolling back through the recent spate of posts in November 2020, it doesn't seem to be. Right? Or did I miss something?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Every time I see this thread updated, I think it is referring anew to its title. So far, scrolling back through the recent spate of posts in November 2020, it doesn't seem to be. Right? Or did I miss something?
    No, nothing's happened. I agree, this one should be locked. It gets me almost every time.

13. Likes:

Red Raindog (11-10-2020),RedEye (11-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?