Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

According to MLB.com and Mark Feinsand. MLB.com proposed a trade of Santillian, India, Galvis, and Senzel for Lindor and Delino Deshields, Jr. Would you make this trade?

2. Likes:

corkedbat (01-02-2020),DocRed (12-19-2019),Gallen5862 (12-19-2019),M2 (12-19-2019),membengal (12-19-2019),REDREAD (12-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Bears defecate in the woods?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Get the star

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    According to MLB.com and Mark Feinsand. MLB.com proposed a trade of Santillian, India, Galvis, and Senzel for Lindor and Delino Deshields, Jr. Would you make this trade?
    I’d borrow my dad’s work van and move them to cleveland myself.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

goreds2 (12-19-2019),M2 (12-19-2019),membengal (12-19-2019),Old school 1983 (12-19-2019),Redsfaithful (12-19-2019)

I would do this trade as proposed, but I would try to get it done without Senzel. Not sure if that means Winker + Garcia + Greene or something to that effect.

But Reds should try find a way to keep Senzel in the OF mix AND add Lindor. Might be a non-starter, though.

9. Likes:

Redsfan6272 (12-19-2019)

I would like Lindor and Ozuna. Then i think this team may compete.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    This is what I said in another thread about that proposal...

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Those trade ideas are about 1/2 step above the garbage trade ideas we speculate about on this board. And none of us has 1/10th the knowledge nor 1/10th the skill to pull off such deals.
    That said, the only players I would turn down trading for Lindor are Castillo and Gray. Anyone and everyone else is available in my book. But, I don't think the mlb.com proposal has any basis in reality. I think the final deal will look very different.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

Spanky (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    I would like Lindor and Ozuna. Then i think this team may compete.
    Add those two and we'll start talking about whether the Reds can beat the Dodgers and Braves in a 7 game series.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/

Suggests that would be a huge return for the Indians
    Code:
    Name		Pos	MTV ($Ms)
    DeShields Jr.	OF	 8.0
    Lindor		SS	63.4
       	   Total Value: 71.40

Name		Pos	MTV ($Ms)
    Galvis		SS	 0.4
    India		3B	30.0
    Santillan	RHP	13.1
    Senzel		3B	68.4
      	  Total Value: 111.90
    From a production/cost standpoint, it's likely the Indians would come out ahead. The Reds are giving up 17 years of control of players expected to be major league contributors, one of whom has All-Star upside. The Indians are giving up an actual All-Star. DeShields & Galvis are just roster balance.

For me, that largely comes down to how you value Senzel and how much value you place on having the inside track at signing Lindor. I think I'd probably do that deal. But it's tough. We're really starting to thin out our prospect depth and that's going to bite us eventually. But if you never get good enough to compete, what's the point.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-19-2019),alwaysawarrior (12-19-2019),BillDoran (12-19-2019),CaiGuy (12-19-2019),REDREAD (12-19-2019)

He still bangs

I’d give them their choice of Greene/Lodolo and India. I might be convinced to supplant India with Stephenson.

Assuming DeShields slides into CF after that deal (they could acquire someone else of course), that's basically a lateral move in one spot of the lineup. Galvis and DeShields bring basically the same thing to the table at different positions.

That means for 2020/21 you are swapping Senzel in the lineup for Lindor. As awesome as Lindor is, Senzel can probably match him offensively moving forward. So a lot of the upgrade is defensively and maybe durability. But Lindor is gone 4 years before Senzel.

I just don't think it's as huge of an upgrade as it seems at first glance. That is a high cost in years of control, and I think the Indians would end up with more value from that deal.

Of course if they can find a way to get both Lindor and Senzel in the lineup, that's really interesting.

19. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (12-19-2019),RedsManRick (12-19-2019),wolfboy (12-19-2019)

Yep. Get busy living or get busy dying.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-19-2019),REDREAD (12-19-2019)

I'll just repeat myself from the other thread and say that I really don’t love trading Senzel as I really do think he can be an effective player, at worst a solid regular and at best a leadoff hitter who can do everything with an OPS in the .800s, but you can make a counter argument that he’ll be 25 in June and still hasn’t established himself yet, and it is pretty indisputable at this point that he’s rather injury prone.

I don't know about the whole expanded deal though. Senzel should carry the bulk of the return value, I don't think it should take too much more than him. And of course ideally I'd love to get Lindor without giving up Senzel, but it sounds like Cleveland wants him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

23. Likes:

JCM11 (12-19-2019)

I just don't like the idea of giving away multiple Top 5 Reds prospects for 2 years of control.

If they had a negotiation window to agree to an extension, then I'd be more favorable towards a Lindor deal.

There's a reason teams want Senzel. They know he's got tons of potential and the Reds would be selling very low on him.

25. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

This makes me sick to think about, but here we go...

Reds
    Name Age Level P1 P2 Availablility Years AFV Salary Surplus Low Median High
    Clevinger 28 Majors SP Medium 3.0 105.0 22.5 82.5 72 82.5 93
    Lindor 25 Majors SS Very low 2.0 95.5 41.7 53.8 53.8 63.4 72.9
    Total Value: 145.90
    Indians
    Name Age Level P1 P2 Availablility Years AFV Salary Surplus Low Median High
    Castillo 26 Majors SP Low 4.0 148.8 54.6 94.2 92.2 108.1 124
    Galvis 29 Majors SS High 1.0 5.9 5.5 0.4 0.1 0.4 0.7
    Winker 25 Majors OF Low 4.0 42.3 13.4 28.9 24.8 28.9 33
    Total Value: 137.40
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?