Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

The Reds Have What it Takes for a Francisco Lindor Trade

Likely, the rumor is a shot across the bow of the Los Angeles Dodgers saying, “Oh, you won’t give us Gavin Lux? Look at this!” Cincinnati already dealt top prospect Taylor Trammell to San Diego in the Trevor Bauer trade, but they still have a deep arsenal of controllable talent in CF/2B Nick Senzel and 3B Jonathan India, among others.

Any deal for Lindor would likely have to include both Senzel and India and could be bolstered with bullpen help like lefty Amir Garrett.

Such a deal would easily satisfy the Indians from a talent standpoint, though it would leave a superstar-sized hole at the most important position on the field.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

WrongVerb (12-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Please, please, please. I want to one day post about Lindor being a great Reds SS like Concepcion and Larkin.

It certainly feels like with the luck of an average Cincinnati sports franchise that Senzel will stay here and be a solid, injury prone, 815 OPS bat or he'll get traded and be a 930 OPS bat and regular MVP candidate.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

6. Likes:

Crumbley (12-19-2019),Ironman92 (12-19-2019),Red Raindog (12-19-2019),RedEye (12-19-2019),Revering4Blue (12-19-2019),Roy Tucker (12-19-2019),Spanky (12-19-2019)

I do NOT make this trade, UNLESS Lindor is first locked into a contract for at least 4-5 years.

Do not be fooled into thinking that you have Lindor for two years. The Reds would have Lindor for one year, 2020, and then all of next off-season, before the 2021 season, there will be a huge debate on when the best time to trade Lindor is, before he hits free agency. Do you trade him before the 2021 season or wait until the July trade deadline? His trade value will be down, simply because he has no team control left. The Reds will never get back what they give up for him.

I'm all for trading Senzel, Santillan, India and others if you can get controllable talent back that will be here for four or five years. But you are trading those guys for basically one year of Lindor. Best case, you have him for the full two years, but once he's gone, you got nada. Can't even count on draft pick compensation because no one knows what the next MLB/player contract is going to look like.

Guarantee a three year extension so Lindor is under the Reds' control for at least five years, and you can trade whomever you want. I don't want to go "all in" without some kind of guarantee that the window to winning is bigger than two years, considering a tweaked elbow or a tweaked hamstring or a tweaked oblique muscle can pretty much end post-season hopes.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

8. Likes:

Newport Red (12-19-2019),Number_Fourteen (12-20-2019),Red X (12-19-2019),Roy Tucker (12-19-2019),Shoeless Jeff (12-19-2019),stein1214 (12-22-2019),Stingray (12-19-2019)

I don’t have a problem trading Senzel for Lindor, but they should be the deal. Adding India and others is a huge overpay.

What people are forgetting is that Lindor will be getting paid over $40M over the next two seasons, he’s nor providing much surplus trade value. The Reds would not be able to add anyone else if they made this trade. They could keep Senzel, and get a player like Ozuna plus some relievers.

So the question is:

Are the Reds better with adding Lindor and subtracting Senzel
    Or
    With Senzel, Ozuna and a some relievers?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

CaiGuy (12-19-2019),kpresidente (12-20-2019),Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

If the Reds did include Senzel for Lindor, who becomes the target to play CF?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    So the question is:

Are the Reds better with adding Lindor and subtracting Senzel
    Or
    With Senzel, Ozuna and a some relievers?
    Interesting question. But they've kind of missed out on relievers. Who's left out there to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What people are forgetting is that Lindor will be getting paid over $40M over the next two seasons, he’s nor providing much surplus trade value. The Reds would not be able to add anyone else if they made this trade.
    Lindor is going to get around $17 million in arbitration for 2020. We don't know how high payroll will go but that's not such a large number that you can say with confidence that it will slam the wallet shut.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

kbrake (12-19-2019),Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    If the Reds did include Senzel for Lindor, who becomes the target to play CF?
    That's what I'm wondering. I'm certainly not opposed to trading Senzel for Lindor from a value standpoint, but doesn't that transfer our SS void into a CF void? No good FA options for CF either, unless we go get Shogo I guess (even then, yikes to our OF defense).

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    It certainly feels like with the luck of an average Cincinnati sports franchise that Senzel will stay here and be a solid, injury prone, 815 OPS bat or he'll get traded and be a 930 OPS bat and regular MVP candidate.
    I understand the sentiment but this is a risk I’m willing to take. I’m 99.9% sure what Lindor will bring, whereas we still need a crystal ball to know what Senzel will be.

I like Senzel, but he’s not an ace pitcher, not a catcher, not a 50HR hitter and is more suited for 2B. If I can let him so for a proven MVP, then I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I do NOT make this trade, UNLESS Lindor is first locked into a contract for at least 4-5 years.
    That’s not an option. Everyone keeps talking like we can trade for Betts and Lindor types and then lock them up for a few extra years like Sonny Gray or something. These are 300+ million dollar players approaching free agency.

18. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (12-19-2019),Red X (12-19-2019)

Senzel led package for Lindor.

Tyler Stephenson led package for Marte.

Let's just do it* and be legends.

(I'm not sure if I'd really do it lol)

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-19-2019),RustyJ (12-19-2019),Wonderful Monds (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Lindor is going to get around $17 million in arbitration for 2020. We don't know how high payroll will go but that's not such a large number that you can say with confidence that it will slam the wallet shut.
    According to Cots, they are at $138M right now. Adding Lindor puts them at $155M. They aren’t going over that.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Agreed. They would probably need to throw in Galvis to give them $5 more to spend. That would easily allow them to sign Dickerson or Puig. With that in mind, Aquino would probably have to learn CF ASAP.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I refuse to believe this is anything more than Reds doing due diligence.

You get wind that Dodgers and Padres are targeting Lindor. There are good relations with the Indians front office and Krall makes a call about what it might take. Cleveland leaks it out in the media to increase the bidding from all parties, especially the one (Dodgers) that can actually afford him in payroll and prospects.

24. Likes:

JCM11 (12-19-2019),Ron Madden (12-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?