Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    According to Cots, they are at $138M right now. Adding Lindor puts them at $155M. They aren’t going over that.
    You're not using the Opening Day payroll number that everyone uses to describe a team's payroll, you're using the 40 man number. I assume this intentional on your part to try and bolster your case.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    If the Reds did include Senzel for Lindor, who becomes the target to play CF?
    Lorenzen? Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds View Post
    I refuse to believe this is anything more than Reds doing due diligence.

You get wind that Dodgers and Padres are targeting Lindor. There are good relations with the Indians front office and Krall makes a call about what it might take. Cleveland leaks it out in the media to increase the bidding from all parties, especially the one (Dodgers) that can actually afford him in payroll and prospects.
    I wouldn't be opposed to working a 3-team trade where the Dodgers get Lindor and the Reds get Seager. Should be a lesser cost (ie keeping Senzel).

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Remember, James Rapien is now part of the Cleveland sports media...

James Rapien
    @JamesRapien

Of course the #Reds are interested in Francisco Lindor, but is Dick Williams going to meet the #Indians’ asking price? It’ll take more than Nick Senzel, who the Tribe like & Jonathan India. I’m spitballing, but Hunter Greene & Amir Garrett are two names the Indians could ask for
    8:22am · 19 Dec 2019
    James Rapien
    @JamesRapien

If I’m the Reds, I’d offer Hunter Greene, Nick Senzel, Freddy Galvis, Amir Garrett and a lower end prospect or two for Francisco Lindor.
    8:38am · 19 Dec 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You're not using the Opening Day payroll number that everyone uses to describe a team's payroll, you're using the 40 man number. I assume this intentional on your part to try and bolster your case.
    Why wouldn’t I use the estimated 40 man roster estimates? I am positive that is the one the Reds are using.

Cot’s puts the Reds known payroll ar $119M. But that’s just for 14 players. I don’t think $19M for the remaining 12 26 man roster spots and the differed money the Reds owe, is out of line. It’s seems quite accurate to me. What makes it inaccurate to you?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

First thought... not surprised the Reds are attempting to get Lindor. Saying that, I dont believe it will actually get done, for 2 reasons. One being I think the Indians will want a kings ransom for Lindor, as they should. Two, to go along with previous point, to give up that ransom would require Lindor to agree to extension before trade. Dont know that will happen.

Now, for everyone saying they dont want Senzel involved, I dont get it. Yes Senzel has a lot of POTENTIAL. Lindor is a superstar. You have top prospects like Senzel to either grow into a star, or ship out to get you a star. If the Indians demanded Senzel, which is obvious, I'm just asking them what else it would take. I part with Senzel the minute the Indians are ready to be serious about trading Lindor.

9. Likes:

RedForLife (12-19-2019)

If a three way with the Dodgers comes out of this, and Lindor, heads to Cali, not sure I trade Senzel unless the Red's aquire Lux. Seager seems a bit too injury prone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedForLife View Post
    Lorenzen? Decisions, decisions...
    Lorenzen in CF if he becomes the 5th starting pitcher.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Based on FG's new payroll calculator, the Reds are still ~10 million below last year's payroll. Getting Lindor without shifting any money around would put them at 140 million. Easily doable.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    If the Reds did include Senzel for Lindor, who becomes the target to play CF?
    I think you look at a free agent like Kevin Pillar or hope for Shogo.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Why wouldn’t I use the estimated 40 man roster estimates? I am positive that is the one the Reds are using.

Cot’s puts the Reds known payroll ar $119M. But that’s just for 14 players. I don’t think $19M for the remaining 12 26 man roster spots and the differed money the Reds owe, is out of line. It’s seems quite accurate to me. What makes it inaccurate to you?
    I never see the 40 Man numbers used when fans, the media, the front office, or anybody talk about payroll. It is always the Opening Day number.

Here's an MLB.com story from October using the 2019 Opening Day number, not Cot's $150 million 40 Man number.

“We will have a bigger payroll,” Williams said on Wednesday in his office. “We will have money to spend. It will be a nice increase.”

The Reds made strides during the 2019 season, but still finished 75-87 and in fourth place in the National League Central.

Williams would not disclose specifics on finances, but Cincinnati opened 2019 with a reported record $126 million payroll.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Remember, James Rapien is now part of the Cleveland sports media...
    Only way I'm trading Senzel, Greene, India, and Garrett for Lindor is if im getting Scott Moss back baby.

*Note to all: Please don't respond to this post with annoying criticism as it is a joke based on the conversations we've had in the minor league thread about Moss.

16. Likes:

ochoa30 (12-19-2019),OGB (12-19-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Only way I'm trading Senzel, Greene, India, and Garrett for Lindor is if im getting Scott Moss back baby.

*Note to all: Please don't respond to this post with annoying criticism as it is a joke based on the conversations we've had in the minor league thread about Moss.
    FTR, I started cracking up even before reading your note.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

ochoa30 (12-19-2019),Rojo Rijo (12-19-2019)

If the Reds are giving up Senzel for Lindor, they shouldn’t have to give up much more. Those tweets are getting a little carried away. You have to factor in Lindor’s arb estimates, which look to be pricey these next two seasons.

Senzel AND Greene plus India. Nah.

20. Likes:

HammerTime (12-19-2019),Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I never see the 40 Man numbers used when fans, the media, the front office, or anybody talk about payroll. It is always the Opening Day number.

Here's an MLB.com story from October using the 2019 Opening Day number, not Cot's $150 million 40 Man number.
    I’ve gone by Cot’s for years. Maybe they are wrong. I’m open to seeing other numbers.

But even if they are off by $10M, that won’t be enough to add Ozuna or any other impact player, maybe a few relievers.

My point still stands, imo: the choice is Lindor and no CF, or Senzel and Ozuna or another impact bat.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?