Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Remember, James Rapien is now part of the Cleveland sports media...
    Man, that’s too much for me. It really shouldn’t take much more than Senzel.

But yeah, I don’t think a deal is going to happen without him. Too much smoke around the Indians really liking him.

2. Likes:

JCM11 (12-19-2019),Redeyecat (12-19-2019),Tom Servo (12-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I’ve gone by Cot’s for years. Maybe they are wrong. I’m open to seeing other numbers.

But even if they are off by $10M, that won’t be enough to add Ozuna or any other impact player, maybe a few relievers.

My point still stands, imo: the choice is Lindor and no CF, or Senzel and Ozuna or another impact bat.
    Probably. This is why it doesn’t make sense to trade Senzel for a SS.

This comes down to basically Lindor for Senzel, India and Santillan. Galvis and DeShields are a wash. Galvis is a slightly better player but will make about $3M more.

I would do this but I don't think the Indians would. The suggested trade with the Dodgers has a lot more value to the Indians although I doubt the Dodgers would give up that much.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Remember, James Rapien is now part of the Cleveland sports media...
    Greene, Senzel, Galvis, Garrett + another prospect? H E L L no.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (12-19-2019),Redeyecat (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    If a three way with the Dodgers comes out of this, and Lindor, heads to Cali, not sure I trade Senzel unless the Red's aquire Lux. Seager seems a bit too injury prone for me.
    Lindor to LA.

Senzel, Urias, Galvis, Iglesias to Cleveland.

Lux to Cincinnati.

Who says no?
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 12-19-2019 at 12:27 PM.

9. Likes:

DocRed (12-19-2019)

It could also be that the Indians and Dodgers may look to bring in a third team similar to the Bauer deal and the Reds are looking at being a fit.
    Ex: Lindor to Dodgers; Dodgers send Seager and Pederson to Reds and x and y to Indians, Reds send Senzel and Galvis to Indians.

Reds should only do this if they also get Gray, Downs and Moss back. (I kid about the last part)

Reds have finished sub .500 in 16 of the past 20 seasons. It would be nice to play meaningful baseball in August and September (or heck, June and July) for a change.

The pieces are there to make a fair trade work. Be bold. Get it done.

12. Likes:

RedEye (12-19-2019),reds77 (12-19-2019),Roy Tucker (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Lindor to LA.

Senzel, Urias, Galvis to Cleveland.

Lux to Cincinnati.

Who says no?
    Not sure that's enough for Cleveland as Galvis is just a 1 year player and Urias had more value a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Lindor to LA.

Senzel, Urias, Galvis to Cleveland.

Lux to Cincinnati.

Who says no?
    The Dodgers. I think its been pretty wildly reported they have no intentions at all of trading Lux.

The Reds rumors leak is likely a way to try get get Lux in the deal. I dont think the Dodgers will bite at all.

LAD gets Lindor
    CIN gets Seager
    CLE gets Lux, Winker, India

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Reds have finished sub .500 in 16 of the past 20 seasons. It would be nice to play meaningful baseball in August and September (or heck, June and July) for a change.

The pieces are there to make a fair trade work. Be bold. Get it done.
    The impact a Lindor trade could have might also mean 1 maybe 2 seasons of meaningfull baseball then nothing for the next 7 years. SO we would be at 6 (maybe) meaningful seasons in the last 27.

Its a big risk if the asking price is accurate.

They don't know how to maximize Senzel's worth, Winker is a 3-4 win player if he is a DH and maybe play 1st once in a while (can he?), Greene is unknown, Galvis is a replacement player. At their max value the Indians would win the trade- because they would put Senzel at 2nd/3rd, and maybe DH Winker. I'd do the trade in a second. Jon India is not going to work out in the long run- i think the FO knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I do NOT make this trade, UNLESS Lindor is first locked into a contract for at least 4-5 years.

Do not be fooled into thinking that you have Lindor for two years. The Reds would have Lindor for one year, 2020, and then all of next off-season, before the 2021 season, there will be a huge debate on when the best time to trade Lindor is, before he hits free agency. Do you trade him before the 2021 season or wait until the July trade deadline? His trade value will be down, simply because he has no team control left. The Reds will never get back what they give up for him.

I'm all for trading Senzel, Santillan, India and others if you can get controllable talent back that will be here for four or five years. But you are trading those guys for basically one year of Lindor. Best case, you have him for the full two years, but once he's gone, you got nada. Can't even count on draft pick compensation because no one knows what the next MLB/player contract is going to look like.

Guarantee a three year extension so Lindor is under the Reds' control for at least five years, and you can trade whomever you want. I don't want to go "all in" without some kind of guarantee that the window to winning is bigger than two years, considering a tweaked elbow or a tweaked hamstring or a tweaked oblique muscle can pretty much end post-season hopes.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

19. Likes:

Red X (12-19-2019)

Suarez and Moose results in Senzel & India not having an immediate future playing IF for the Reds. Now's the time to compliment Votto/Moose/Suarez with a stud SS and Lindor is the guy to get. Future drafts and player development can worry about creating a new pipeline of Reds IF talent. Obviously, if Senzel was no longer a Red, then the OF situation would need tweaking.
    Last edited by reds77; 12-19-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Senzel, India, and Santillian would be my max offer. I might replace the latter two with T. Stephenson. The reds should also be looking to get a prospect or two back from Cleveland in this deal because giving up 6 years of Senzel is a big risk.

Turn Off Ads?