Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Top to bottom I agree that at the moment, Cleveland has more talent than Cincinnati. But maybe there’s some financial urgency that is requiring them to punt 2020 for a quicker turnaround. Idk. Cleveland’s financial situation is the only unknown quantity that may still be keeping trade talks afloat.
    They are not planning to punt in 2020. They took the package offered for Kluber over other offers as Clase was major league ready and filled a definite need for 2020. Other offers they they received were either prospect packages of players not MLB ready or offers where the other team wanted Cleveland to take on one of their bad contract. Lindor will likely be an Indian in 2020 unless a team steps up and gives them a package that provides controllable help for 2020.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Two years of Lindor at around 20 million AAV doesn't come close to Acuna or Soto's value and Cleveland would do those trades in a nanosecond. Suarez would be a gross overpay as well. I really don't think they could do much better than a Senzel and Lodolo headlined deal unless a contending team like LA or ATL just goes nuts with an overpay.
    I think it would be done if they had a Senzel and Lodolo deal out there.

Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    I just don't understand this infatuation on here with an Indians trade. If Lindor is available at a reasonable rate (palatable for the Reds) then make the deal. Otherwise, let's move on and trade for a different SS. There's no apparent shortage of them available. I love Lindor but I wouldn't sell the farm for 2 years of him. Let's see what the other options are out there.
    I certainly don't want the Red's to over-pay, or "sell the farm", but I don't see any SSs available that come close to what you'd get in Lindor. So a certain level of sacrifice is going to have to be made. Or else settle, be content, with Galvis I guess.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I certainly don't want the Red's to over-pay, or "sell the farm", but I don't see any SSs available that come close to what you'd get in Lindor. So a certain level of sacrifice is going to have to be made. Or else settle, be content, with Galvis I guess.
    Lindor is great and certainly the best SS we could get. But there's plenty of guys out there who would be an upgrade from Galvis. Story, Seager, Baez, Correa, Semien, and Swanson have all been mentioned in trade rumors. Costs vary on all of them, but I'd say they all make the Reds better than Galvis.

6. Likes:

Falls City Beer (01-05-2020),mth123 (01-05-2020)

I haven't followed the story enough to know. Are the Indians too cheap to sign Lindor to an extension to his liking? Or has he made his intentions known he plans to test free agency?

If it's the former, am I crazy to think that the Reds could actually afford to re-sign him?

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I haven't followed the story enough to know. Are the Indians too cheap to sign Lindor to an extension to his liking? Or has he made his intentions known he plans to test free agency?

If it's the former, am I crazy to think that the Reds could actually afford to re-sign him?
    Lindor is likely to get Trout type money. Neither the Reds or Indians are gonna pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe Guy View Post
    They are not planning to punt in 2020. They took the package offered for Kluber over other offers as Clase was major league ready and filled a definite need for 2020. Other offers they they received were either prospect packages of players not MLB ready or offers where the other team wanted Cleveland to take on one of their bad contract. Lindor will likely be an Indian in 2020 unless a team steps up and gives them a package that provides controllable help for 2020.
    You can spin it anyway you want, but it was a salary dump plain and simple. If someone would of offered that trade before it happened you would of told everyone why it would not happen. You are a typical fan who overvalues their own players. Lindor will be traded and the package will be no where near what you are saying. They clearly are in salary dump mode.

10. Likes:

JFLegal (01-06-2020),[deleted] (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe Guy View Post
    They aren’t punting 2020 (yet).

But the Kluber trade was a hit to this season. So they certainly aren’t “going for it”.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    They aren’t punting 2020 (yet).

But the Kluber trade was a hit to this season. So they certainly aren’t “going for it”.
    I think dealing Kluber was the equivalent of the Reds getting rid of Bailey. He didn't contribute anything to last year's 93 win team. It was probably a salary dump, but it doesn't signal a punt.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

Tribe Guy (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Lindor is likely to get Trout type money. Neither the Reds or Indians are gonna pay that.
    Trout is a once in a lifetime player. Lindor's best season is a down year for Trout. Lindor would have to put up a couple of monster seasons the next two years to approach the 300 million range. I think he'll max out at 250.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think dealing Kluber was the equivalent of the Reds getting rid of Bailey. He didn't contribute anything to last year's 93 win team. It was probably a salary dump, but it doesn't signal a punt.
    Wait.... Corey Kluber and Homer Bailey? Like, the actual baseball pitchers and not just some random dudes off of the streets with the same name as the baseball players?

16. Likes:

Mitri (01-05-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Trout is a once in a lifetime player. Lindor's best season is a down year for Trout. Lindor would have to put up a couple of monster seasons the next two years to approach the 300 million range. I think he'll max out at 250.
    If Machado got 300 mil, so will Lindor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. They went in big on Votto, Phillips and Bailey during their last run. Do I think it's likely? No. But I wouldn't flat out discount it either

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. They went in big on Votto, Phillips and Bailey during their last run. Do I think it's likely? No. But I wouldn't flat out discount it either
    Hopefully the Reds learned from those 3 mistakes. As a small/medium market you can’t commit a quarter or more of your payroll to 1 player.

Lindor is a superstar, he won’t re-sign to play in Ohio anyways. He’s bigger than that.

Haunted by walks

How does Lindor compare to Barry Larkin at his peak?

Turn Off Ads?