Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    That’s not what happened at all actually
    I imagine what happened was that nearly every other place closed down their comments sections, leading to the few places that still have them as a gathering place for those who want to go out of their way to talk baseball - even the banana phone posters.

2. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-05-2020),WVRedsFan (10-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

RedsZone is like life. Some good, some bad, and a lot of average in the middle. I think it’s still a pretty ok place to be for Reds baseball. You just have to let the idiots slide off your back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

757690 (10-06-2020),Boss-Hog (10-05-2020),Edd Roush (10-06-2020),HammerTime (10-06-2020),Hillsdale87 (10-05-2020),mth123 (10-05-2020),Revering4Blue (10-06-2020),WVRedsFan (10-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    really ,, people post things like I hope the reds win! now theres an intelligent post, or how about this one ,, this is the inning we are going to score,, another piece of science,, or how about we really need to win this game, very erudite
    Well, I for one just want the Reds to get em on, get em over and get em in. That way at the end of the day they'll be on the smiling side of the scoreboard. Some of these posters though, well you know their story.

I just hope they win the World Series before I say "Hi, hello and Welcome" to warming embrace of death.

7. Likes:

MartyFan (10-07-2020)

part of the reason it went downhill is the undeserved, unadulterated, unyielding Jonestown optimism by many posters? the unwillingness to debate different viewpoints rather than the junior high school cheer leading posts that say GO REDS
    If anything, I'd say Redszone thrives on times when the Reds are bad. I felt the board got a lot less interesting from 2010-2013 when the team was usually pretty good.

9. Likes:

MartyFan (10-07-2020),Revering4Blue (10-07-2020),Tom Servo (10-06-2020)

really ,, people post things like I hope the reds win! now theres an intelligent post, or how about this one ,, this is the inning we are going to score,, another piece of science,, or how about we really need to win this game, very erudite
    This might be the most ironic thing I've ever read on a message board. Considering who's saying it
    Crazy Reds Fan

11. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (10-07-2020)

The Reds are in contend now mode, so I am comfortably on the side of selling assets for player(s) that are going to push this team to that next level.

I am 110% for obtaining Lindor. Not only does he upgrade the weakest position in the Reds lineup (leadoff) and on the field (SS) but he would instantly become the star of the team, just like Mookie in LA.

I understand the price would not be pretty but I think the Reds could pull off this deal without surrendering Stephenson or Greene and I think that would be the plan. Jose Garcia is undoubtedly part of the package, beyond that who knows. I feel like one of Winker, Senzel, or Aquino would have to be attached and then maybe two other prospects, maybe Santillan or Richardson and another mid level like TJ?

How does that look? Not enough?
    Reds get - Francisco Lindor
    Indians get - Winker, Garcia, Santillan, Friedl

Maybe the package would have to be a bit sweeter, like a Jonathan India instead of Friedl but I can't imagine too much more. Lindor is in a walk year and unless there is a bidding war to drive up the price the Indians are going to get nowhere near what they could have had with multiple years left on his deal.

My biggest concern would be the Reds plans with him. I don't think you deal for him and surrender that kind of package unless you are fully committed to handing him his mega deal. Even with Joey off the books in 3 years I'm not sure the Reds want to ink another player to a 10+ year mega deal, even one as good and young as Lindor.

part of the reason it went downhill is the undeserved, unadulterated, unyielding Jonestown optimism by many posters? the unwillingness to debate different viewpoints rather than the junior high school cheer leading posts that say GO REDS
    Don't know if you've really only been around here for a year or perhaps you've changed names along the way, but this comment couldn't be further from the truth as it pertains to RZ over the years. The critical thinking and willingness to objectively evaluate the team's chances in any given season has usually been at a level higher than any i've ever seen on any sports related message board. The Jonestown optimism as you like to call it is more a spattering of a few than a majority viewpoint.

14. Likes:

Ed Otten (10-07-2020),mgbrown66 (10-07-2020),Plus Plus (10-09-2020),Revering4Blue (10-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    The Reds are in contend now mode, so I am comfortably on the side of selling assets for player(s) that are going to push this team to that next level.

I am 110% for obtaining Lindor. Not only does he upgrade the weakest position in the Reds lineup (leadoff) and on the field (SS) but he would instantly become the star of the team, just like Mookie in LA.

I understand the price would not be pretty but I think the Reds could pull off this deal without surrendering Stephenson or Greene and I think that would be the plan. Jose Garcia is undoubtedly part of the package, beyond that who knows. I feel like one of Winker, Senzel, or Aquino would have to be attached and then maybe two other prospects, maybe Santillan or Richardson and another mid level like TJ?

How does that look? Not enough?
    Reds get - Francisco Lindor
    Indians get - Winker, Garcia, Santillan, Friedl

Maybe the package would have to be a bit sweeter, like a Jonathan India instead of Friedl but I can't imagine too much more. Lindor is in a walk year and unless there is a bidding war to drive up the price the Indians are going to get nowhere near what they could have had with multiple years left on his deal.

My biggest concern would be the Reds plans with him. I don't think you deal for him and surrender that kind of package unless you are fully committed to handing him his mega deal. Even with Joey off the books in 3 years I'm not sure the Reds want to ink another player to a 10+ year mega deal, even one as good and young as Lindor.
    I don't think that's close. I'm guessing Garcia, Hunter Greene and Jonathon India might get te conversation started.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't think that's close. I'm guessing Garcia, Hunter Greene and Jonathon India might get te conversation started.
    Looking at this from another angle, lets assume Lindor and Bauer are roughly equally good players and if you trade for Lindor the Reds aren't signing Bauer. (go with it)

Well, Lindor is going to cost over 20 M next year. Let's say you could sign Bauer for 40 M for 1 year.

That means you are selling Garcia, Greene and India for 20 M.

Regardless if one doesn't like my numbers or not...I'll stick with the idea that one year of paying Lindor probably 22-25 M shouldn't cost a metric ton of prospects. And if that's the fee look to spend your capital elsewhere.

17. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (10-09-2020),Tuff Nut (10-08-2020)

I think they should trade Votto, Barnhart, Galvis, Romano, and Jankowsi straight up for Lindor.

If that doesn’t get it done I’d throw in a player to be named later and cash considerations.

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Looking at this from another angle, lets assume Lindor and Bauer are roughly equally good players and if you trade for Lindor the Reds aren't signing Bauer. (go with it)

Well, Lindor is going to cost over 20 M next year. Let's say you could sign Bauer for 40 M for 1 year.

Regardless if one doesn't like my numbers or not...I'll stick with the idea that one year of paying Lindor probably 22-25 M shouldn't cost a metric ton of prospects. And if that's the fee look to spend your capital elsewhere.
    And if we don't win in this hypothetical year where we traded a ton for Lindor and went for it all and still lost, we'd have the same fans crying, after the fact, about how stupid the FO is when India and Greene magically become top 50 prospects ala Downs and Gray.

20. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-07-2020),Ron Madden (10-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Name one trade for a one year in rental in recent history that cost anything like that
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

22. Likes:

Chip R (10-09-2020)

I don't get it.

We want the Reds front office to resemble Oakland or Tampa Bay but at the same time we want to make a trade that neither one of those clubs would consider making.

24. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-07-2020),Chip R (10-09-2020),Edd Roush (10-08-2020),kaldaniels (10-07-2020),mth123 (10-07-2020),podgejeff_ (10-07-2020),Revering4Blue (10-07-2020),Tuff Nut (10-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

i agree it's not worth it, but some team where the money is less consequential and the prospects aren't needed because they can just spend to fill holes might be after Lindor. Boston had a horrible year. My guess is that they do something big, but they don't really have the prospects to make a deal.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Name one trade for a one year in rental in recent history that cost anything like that
    Cubs traded Gleyber Torres for 2 months of Aroldis Chapman. Yankees got other pieces as well.

27. Likes:

Benihana (10-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?