Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Re: Reds are supposedly in talks with Tribe over Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Suarez and Moose results in Senzel & India not having an immediate future playing IF for the Reds. Now's the time to compliment Votto/Moose/Suarez with a stud SS and Lindor is the guy to get. Future drafts and player development can worry about creating a new pipeline of Reds IF talent. Obviously, if Senzel was no longer a Red, then the OF situation would need tweaking.
    I disagree here. India is still a couple seasons away and Senzel can play the OF. I also believe that the NL will have the DH in 2 years. This means Moose and Votto likely move to a 1B/DH platoon. Opening 2nd base for India or Senzel.

Also with Lindor we are likely at the top in terms of money they want to spend. Which means we will get camp invites to fill in the rest of the team. Out OF could be horrible does Lindor make up for that himself? That’s the question.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Why wouldn’t I use the estimated 40 man roster estimates? I am positive that is the one the Reds are using.

Cot’s puts the Reds known payroll ar $119M. But that’s just for 14 players. I don’t think $19M for the remaining 12 26 man roster spots and the differed money the Reds owe, is out of line. It’s seems quite accurate to me. What makes it inaccurate to you?
    Take out your calculator, 75.

Cots’ 14 “signed” Reds players (contracts, arb guys) come to $112,839,881.

Cots’ $119 million 2020 estimate likely includes all the pre-arb guys. It’s a final total for the 26-man roster, assuming no further deals.

Spotrac also has a $112.79 million estimate for the 14 “signed” players, almost identical to Cots.

Reds’ OD payroll in 2019 was $126.6 million, including DL’d players. So right now the 26-man roster payroll is about $7 million less than OD 2019.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Red X View Post
    The impact a Lindor trade could have might also mean 1 maybe 2 seasons of meaningfull baseball then nothing for the next 7 years. SO we would be at 6 (maybe) meaningful seasons in the last 27.

Its a big risk if the asking price is accurate.
    We had a good draft in 2019, and will get two more during Lindor's remaining years. There's no reason to believe we couldn't restock with 3 drafts.

6. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-19-2019),reds77 (12-19-2019)

I disagree here. India is still a couple seasons away and Senzel can play the OF. I also believe that the NL will have the DH in 2 years. This means Moose and Votto likely move to a 1B/DH platoon. Opening 2nd base for India or Senzel.

Also with Lindor we are likely at the top in terms of money they want to spend. Which means we will get camp invites to fill in the rest of the team. Out OF could be horrible does Lindor make up for that himself? That’s the question.
    I understand why you make this statement, but it is speculative. Senzel's natural position isn't CF and I'm not entirely sure how he'll age as an OF with the Reds. I'm good if the offense for the next couple of years is Votto/Moose/Suarez/Lindor & corner OF bats.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    Senzel, India, and Santillian would be my max offer. I might replace the latter two with T. Stephenson. The reds should also be looking to get a prospect or two back from Cleveland in this deal because giving up 6 years of Senzel is a big risk.
    It’s interesting to bring Tyler Stephenson into this. If the Reds can trade Senzel, various Galvises and prospects, and still have someone the caliber of Stephenson, I’m beginning to like the idea.

If Lindor got the estimated $17 million, Reds still should have money to spend. See my previous post.

Particularly if Galvis is included in deal, means Lindor nets out at $11.5 million for 2020, net of Galvis. Not that much. (Actually even a touch less, Lindor’s estimate is $16.7 million.)
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-19-2019 at 01:05 PM.

10. Likes:

marcshoe (12-19-2019),Old school 1983 (12-19-2019),reds77 (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Take out your calculator, 75.

Cots’ 14 “signed” Reds players (contracts, arb guys) comes to $112,839,881.

Cots’ $19 million 2020 estimate likely includes all the pre-arb guys. It’s a final total for the 26-man roster, assuming no further deals.

Spotrac also has a $112.79 million estimate for the 14 “signed” players, almost identical to Cots.

Reds’ OD payroll in 2019 was $126.6 million, including DL’d players. So right now the 26-man roster payroll is about $7 million less than OD 2019.
    Interesting. It seems Cot’s has changed they way they do their spreadsheets. They used to only calculate what was known, and you had to do the estimates for everything else. If what you say is accurate, I was wrong about my calculations. Thanks for the correction.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    We had a good draft in 2019, and will get two more during Lindor's remaining years. There's no reason to believe we couldn't restock with 3 drafts.
    I like your thinking. It's possible to restock & develop more guys with the potential be good big league ball players like an India.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    I do NOT make this trade, UNLESS Lindor is first locked into a contract for at least 4-5 years.

Do not be fooled into thinking that you have Lindor for two years. The Reds would have Lindor for one year, 2020, and then all of next off-season, before the 2021 season, there will be a huge debate on when the best time to trade Lindor is, before he hits free agency. Do you trade him before the 2021 season or wait until the July trade deadline? His trade value will be down, simply because he has no team control left. The Reds will never get back what they give up for him.

I'm all for trading Senzel, Santillan, India and others if you can get controllable talent back that will be here for four or five years. But you are trading those guys for basically one year of Lindor. Best case, you have him for the full two years, but once he's gone, you got nada. Can't even count on draft pick compensation because no one knows what the next MLB/player contract is going to look like.

Guarantee a three year extension so Lindor is under the Reds' control for at least five years, and you can trade whomever you want. I don't want to go "all in" without some kind of guarantee that the window to winning is bigger than two years, considering a tweaked elbow or a tweaked hamstring or a tweaked oblique muscle can pretty much end post-season hopes.
    I don’t disagree with this. But Lindor has already turned down some serious Tribe money. His next contract is going to be a Really Big One. One article said 5 year $185M. Are the Reds going to realistically do something like that?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’d borrow my dad’s work van and move them to cleveland myself.

15. Likes:

Fil3232 (12-19-2019),kaldaniels (12-19-2019),OGB (12-19-2019),reds77 (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I don’t disagree with this. But Lindor has already turned down some serious Tribe money. His next contract is going to be a Really Big One. One article said 5 year $185M. Are the Reds going to realistically do something like that?
    He's a top 5 player in baseball that plays good defense at SS, he's going to get payed like it.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Realistically you are probably looking at more like 7-8yrs and $250mil. He's as marketable as you can get. He's going to go to a big city team that has the money to build a consistent winner. Why would he sign long term in Cleveland/Cincy? This would be a rental, no question about it.

Looking at the rumored trade packages, the only player included that has Lindor’s upside is Senzel. India has like serviceable starter upside with maybe an all star year here and there. Lindor is a bona-fide superstar player at a premium position. Senzel is playing out of position and his natural positions are effectively blocked. India’s natural positions are effectively blocked. Use them to bring in a superstar.

19. Likes:

Mitri (12-19-2019),RedEye (12-20-2019),REDREAD (12-19-2019)

Lead story on MLB now

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    How would that compare with the Reds valuation of $1 billion plus? I feel like we need to start connecting the two topics.

Turn Off Ads?