13 22.03%
  • RHRP Joel Kuhnel

10 16.95%
  • CF Jose Siri

4 6.78%
  • Other - Specify in Comments

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #10 Prospect???

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #10 Prospect???

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Kuhnel can hit 100 and has a chance to be a major player in the Reds pen this year.

I don't of think relievers as failed starters. If they weren't any good they would suck in the bullpen too. What most relievers are is limited - control issues or limited repertoire but good relievers have very good pitches but not the 3 or4 needed to start and make it through a lineup multiple times. Relievers are also valuable as heck - in today's game a good argument could be made that they are as important as starters. Kuhnel (and Hendrix) both have a good chance of being valuable additions. Probably a much better chance than Callihan or Hinds have of being everyday payers in the majors. I understand the "ceiling" vote and agree wit hit, I just think Kuhnel has a pretty good ceiling, too, as a lockdown closer (I'm not saying he'll be one but the ceiling is there with him). I'll be on Callihan and Hinds really soon but I went with the despised reliever prospect here.
    I just don't see it. I don't think he's got a closer ceiling and I think he's far more likely to be an up and down arm this season who is outrighted off the roster after 2020 than a bullpen cog for this season, let alone multiple seasons.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Callihan now, Hinds next

If they tie that'll be fine by me.

I would love to hear someone defend voting for Siri.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-20-2019)

This looks like it may actually be the first close round.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would love to hear someone defend voting for Siri.
    At this point all of the prospects have significant warts. The three top vote getters this round are a guy who has a 740 OPS in rookie ball, a minor league reliever, and a guy who has played in 3 games total.

Siri is a fourth outfielder in the majors right now if the Reds wanted him to be. At the bare minimum he's a Billy Hamilton clone. I'll take that over rookie ball lottery tickets at this point.

To be fair to Kuhnel, I almost went with him. But as somebody said before, I actually want to see a minor league reliever come up through the Reds system and be decent first.

I hadn't check in here in awhile (I don't know enough to vote on most of these guys).

But DeLeon is still a prospect? Yes please!

Turn Off Ads?