Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign David Carpenter to a Minor League Deal

Re: Reds sign David Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I am a mod.
    That's. The. Joke.
    Last edited by wolfboy; 12-20-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds sign David Carpenter (to minor league deal)

Seems like more of a potential major league transaction attempt to polish up a limited skill set guy later in his career. Seems fair to post here imo.

I’m personally confused why a moderator wouldn’t either just move the post where the established guidelines suggest or if it’s grey, bring it up with the other mods.

Throwing it in the middle of the conversation was actually disruptive to the thread conversation and seemingly the opposite of the mods job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

4. Likes:

HammerTime (12-20-2019),Number_Fourteen (12-21-2019),OesterPoster (12-23-2019),Revering4Blue (12-20-2019),Ron Madden (12-20-2019),SteelSD (12-20-2019),terminator (12-20-2019),Tom Servo (12-20-2019),wolfboy (12-21-2019)

The most interesting aspect of this to me is that it apparently was announced by Boddy via the Driveline twitter account. Combine that with the Bauer interview and it seems that the Reds are building a case for Bauer to want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Seems like more of a potential major league transaction attempt to polish up a limited skill set guy later in his career. Seems fair to post here imo.

I’m personally confused why a moderator wouldn’t either just move the post where the established guidelines suggest or if it’s grey, bring it up with the other mods.

Throwing it in the middle of the conversation was actually disruptive to the thread conversation and seemingly the opposite of the mods job.

It's a 34 year old reliever who has played in 4 mlb games in the past 4 seasons.

I was giving klw a chance to explain why he posted it here instead of there, in case there was something I was missing. I could have simply moved it, but I was being nice and wanted to see what he had to say first.

My sincerest apologies if that question distracted you from discussing David Carpenter's minor league signing with the Reds.

Carry on.

7. Likes:

DocRed (12-21-2019),RedlegJake (12-21-2019)

It's a 34 year old reliever who has played in 4 mlb games in the past 4 seasons.

I was giving klw a chance to explain why he posted it here instead of there, in case there was something I was missing. I could have simply moved it, but I was being nice and wanted to see what he had to say first.

My sincerest apologies if that question distracted you from discussing David Carpenter's minor league signing with the Reds.

Carry on.
    Feel free to close this and simply post the info over on the other thread. Heyman tweet about Broddy's announcement was how I found out and Heyman did not say it was a minor league deal with an invite. By the time I knew, I had this thread made. Doubt there will be much discussion of note on the merits of this or its impact on who else they bring in for pen spots or Broddy's growing and unusual influence on the system (as there is a nascient thread on that in the minor league section)

Carry on.
    No need for the sarcasm.... not trying to be a jerk here... it’s just kind of factual... your tact did derail the intended conversation well before I added my 2 cents.

I do question whether your being honest here... if your motive was to play ball and give the conversation a chance, that’s really a conversation that should have been taken offline. You didn’t need to involve me and the rest of the peanut gallery in that conversation.

As far as where this belongs? It’s a 34 year old journeymen that’s works out with Bauer at our pitching guru’s camp where he is showing interest in working with him.

It has the feel of a fringy mlb roster move than a long term development move for a prospect (which is really the intention of the minor league forum)... again two cents... As a user of the board I’d rather this be here than there, and I wouldn’t have seen the conversation if it were there.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-22-2019),SteelSD (12-21-2019),SunDeck (12-21-2019)

David Carpenter hype has hit an all-time high.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

12. Likes:

Bunting Bad (12-21-2019),OGB (12-21-2019),Tom Servo (12-20-2019)

The thread police have spoken.

How will Chris Carpenter ever explain this to his son?
    And this one belongs to the Reds

Alright guys and gals, let's get this back on topic.

Then start going there, we don't need a thread for all 30 minor league signings we make this winter.

Plus, we really would like more people participating in the prospects voting threads.
    Shall we discuss all the unnecessary threads on this board? If I'm disinterested I click out of it. Simple.
    Last edited by RedsBrick; 12-21-2019 at 10:14 AM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitbuck View Post
    How will Chris Carpenter ever explain this to his son?
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    How will he explain this to his...heyyyy, wait a minute!
    Seven hours ago called and wants its joke back.

(I'm just messing with ya... it's all good)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-21-2019)

...and thus ends the thread of the David Carpenter signing and with tears in our eyes we bid farewell..

When we trade David Carpenter, Siri, and Okey to Cleveland for Lindor, can it be posted in both forums? Asking for a friend?

I, for one, am glad the Reds were able to hammer out a deal with Carpenter. They’ve been nailing it this offseason.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-21-2019),Ron Madden (12-21-2019),Roy Tucker (12-21-2019),WrongVerb (12-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?