Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day!

Sprue beer, poutaine, and malt vinegar fries all around! Eh?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Happy Boxing Day!

When I was a kid, boxing day was really something. You had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, all of those guys. Nowdays nobody can even name a single heavyweight.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-27-2019),JaxRed (12-26-2019),North (12-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    When I was a kid, boxing day was really something. You had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman, all of those guys. Nowdays nobody can even name a single heavyweight.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

6. Likes:

marcshoe (12-27-2019)

I’m actually surprised the US hasn’t adopted this yet. It’s an excuse to shop, drink and eat and is the day after another holiday. What’s not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I’m actually surprised the US hasn’t adopted this yet. It’s an excuse to shop, drink and eat and is the day after another holiday. What’s not to like?
    Heh...that would certainly line up with Thanksgiving about being thankful for what you have, and next day it is about wanting more.
    Last edited by North; 12-28-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    When I was in High School where other schools would have some sort of Christmas Pageant, we would have a Christmas Boxing Show where one of our students from every weight class would go three rounds with someone from the Tacoma Boxing Club (Little Davey Armstrong and other Olympians), Knott Street Boxing Club, Ft. Lewis (Battalion Army installation representing the Northwest) Boxing Club, or another independent fighter. We were so less thin-skinned back then than today's teenagers.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?