15 33.33%
  • SS Braylin Minier

0 0%
  • CF Jose Siri

7 15.56%
  • Other - Specify in Comments

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #13 Prospect???

2019-2020: Who is the Reds #13 Prospect???

RHSP Jose De Leon has taken the #12 slot.

Please, discuss why you are voting for who you are voting for.....this is a slow time of the year so it's more than welcomed.

^If you are voting other, please make sure to tell me who the other vote is for in the comment section.

***THIS IS A 96 HOUR POLL***

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #13 Prospect???

Sticking with Kuhnel, given his success and level. He's the last prospect on the list who has played in the majors.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Upon Request I've added Braylin Minier to the poll

(IF) Braylin Minier - The Reds signed Minier as an International Free Agent in July 2019 ($1.80M bonus - INT (Dominican Republic)). He'll play next year, for the first time professionally, presumably as a SS in the DSL, he'll turn 17 in June. Though he received one of the largest bonuses this past summer, he did not rank in any top 30 INT prospect rankings entering the signing period.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Sticking with Kuhnel, given his success and level. He's the last prospect on the list who has played in the majors.
    I'd be happy to add Josh Smith to the poll for you, he still qualifies.

I voted Friedl but man that’s not a great list.

7. Likes:

Rdirtypirates (12-30-2019)

Voted for Hendrix. He has one of the best pitches in the Reds system, a 12-6 curveball that has been clocked at 90 mph.
    In the scouting report on this poll, he was described as having a fastball/slider repertoire, with no mention of the curveball. I found that description strange, inaccurate even. It sounded like whoever wrote it didn’t know much about Hendrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Voted for Hendrix. He has one of the best pitches in the Reds system, a 12-6 curveball that has been clocked at 90 mph.
    In the scouting report on this poll, he was described as having a fastball/slider repertoire, with no mention of the curveball. I found that description strange, inaccurate even. It sounded like whoever wrote it didn’t know much about Hendrix.
    It's a simple transcription error from having to copy and paste so much damn stuff in these polls. I.E. the format from Kuhnel to Hendrix.

Kuhnel will help the Reds this year. Not sure any of the other names on the list ever sniff the big leagues. He gets my vote.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-30-2019)

Kuhnel is my pick here. Then Friedl. It gets real dicey after that.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

It's time, IMO, for Acosta.

Sure, he's a long way from the majors, but his production was ridiculously good, and the Reds thought enough about him to move him to the Arizona League late in the season to get a better look at him. (I also really like that he hit well there, at 19, in limited ABs.) 50 PAs in the AZL-- at a .370/ .396/ .478/ .874 clip-- plus the 400/ 500/ 600 DSL season makes him the pick over the limited upside of Kuhnel and Friedl. Age (19 - 21) gives him the edge over Ivan Johnson (who I think may be a sleeper if he can stick at SS).

After De Leon's selection, I am finally free to move on. I voted Kuhnel. Big with a power FB, he has a shot to be a solid back of the pen option. If he improves his slider, he could be a two pitch, dominating closer. Even money that he starts on the ML roster. He may be crowded out by pitchers out of options.

I've still got about 4-5 guys I'd pick before him, but Naughton belongs in the list soon.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (12-30-2019)

My case for Siri over Friedl is that Siri can play CF and steal bases even if the bat never develops (and it is certainly looking like a long shot now). Not sure Friedl has the same floor.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    My case for Siri over Friedl is that Siri can play CF and steal bases even if the bat never develops (and it is certainly looking like a long shot now). Not sure Friedl has the same floor.
    Siri’s floor is quite low. He strikes out over 30% of the time in the minor leagues.

Friedl likely has a lower ceiling, but his chances of becoming a useful backup player seem better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Siri’s floor is quite low. He strikes out over 30% of the time in the minor leagues.

Friedl likely has a lower ceiling, but his chances of becoming a useful backup player seem better to me.
    I should have expanded on this but I compared them because I put them both in this range, one at 13 and the other at 14. I'd just put Siri slightly ahead because he's still more tooled up, I don't particularly like the chances of either becoming a player of any note at this juncture.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

Kc61 (12-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?