Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    BTW, hoping for and predicting Jags loss. About 35-17. Watched Fields yesterday. Not quite as despondent about missing out on Lawrence.

Perfect day for me involves Falcons win, and Washington win. I can't really even dream about Jets win.
    Hope Robinson gets one of those two scores you are predicting. Guessing Chalk gets one, with Shenault my 3rd choice of getting one after Robinson.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was a 1990s Bengals quality collapse to lose.

Jags are currently #3 in draft order !! Turns out that Minshew fractured his thumb on his throwing hand in several places on Oct 10th, and didn't tell the club it was hurt. Doug Marrone who did not get fired, announced earlier on the week that he was going to think outside the box, and do crazy stuff !!

If he starts Glennon after that .................. Give our 6th round draft choice Luton a look.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Jags are currently #3 in draft order !! Turns out that Minshew fractured his thumb on his throwing hand in several places on Oct 10th, and didn't tell the club it was hurt. Doug Marrone who did not get fired, announced earlier on the week that he was going to think outside the box, and do crazy stuff !!

If he starts Glennon after that .................. Give our 6th round draft choice Luton a look.
    NFL.com has us at #2 currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    NFL.com has us at #2 currently.
    Correct me if I'm wrong..... but the NFL site doesn't post Strength of Schedule anywhere. All I've seen is one guy who does mock drafts and he uses apparently uses Strength of Schedule from before the season started. Tankathon is always up to date. You can see the SOS change after every result.

Tankathon is far more accurate.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Correct me if I'm wrong..... but the NFL site doesn't post Strength of Schedule anywhere. All I've seen is one guy who does mock drafts and he uses apparently uses Strength of Schedule from before the season started. Tankathon is always up to date. You can see the SOS change after every result.

Tankathon is far more accurate.
    That’s interesting. Especially considering they tweet out the updated order each week. Being from the official site of the league you’d think they would use the up to date SOS. I do see where other sites post the SOS and it’s different from the NFLs.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 10-30-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Go Beavers!!!

28 TD's, 3 INT's Luton's Senior season.

He can't be worse than Minshew.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Hope Robinson gets one of those two scores you are predicting. Guessing Chalk gets one, with Shenault my 3rd choice of getting one after Robinson.
    Robinson dominated, but I lost by 3/10th's of a point on Allen Robinson's last catch that gave him the concussion late on Monday Night.

Minshew out this week...rookie Jake Luton gets the start.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Minshew out this week...rookie Jake Luton gets the start.
    ...and the week after that, and the week after that.

Full tank mode at this point.

Dead Man Walking throughout the Coaching Room.

Was hoping the Giants would pull off an upset of Tampa Tom last night.

I don't see us winning anymore games but I could easily see a 0-16 Jets followed by a 1-15 Giants, putting us out of the Lawrence/Fields spots. Maybe we move up to #2, maybe we take Sewell. Maybe the Giants take Sewell? I doubt we see a SOS flip with us and NYG.

This has disaster written all over it. It also has NFL marketing written all over it. Fields and Lawrence both to the Big Apple. While I think Sewell is a #1 overall pick in his own right we need a franchise QB and unfortunately for us I don't see a scenario where Lawrence and Fields are not the first two picks. Both are talented enough for the Jets and Giants to easily Josh Rosen their current QBs.

One of the most absolutely frustrating things is how crappy we've been at tanking over the years + being undercut by other teams out tanking us.

Here's how bad/unlucky we've been at tanking.

Drafts - 26
    Top 10 picks - 18
    #1 overall picks - 0
    #2 overall picks - 3 (only 1 since 1996)
    Average spot of top 10 pick - 6.2
    Top 10 pick in 12 of the last 13 years
    Top 5 pick for 6 straight years ('12 - '17) . Average pick of those years - 3.6

Top Draft picks by year
    Tony Boseli - Pro Bowl Player
    Kevin Hardy - Pro Bowl Player
    Renaldo Wynn - Good
    Fred Taylor - Pro Bowl Player
    Fernando Bryant - Good
    R. Jay Soward - Bust
    Marcus Stroud - Pro Bowl Player
    John Henderson - Pro Bowl Player
    Byron Leftwich - Bust
    Reggie Williams - Bust
    Matt Jones - Bust
    Mercedes Lewis - Pro Bowl Player
    Reggie Nelson - Pro Bowl Player (Not in Jacksonville) Could argue he was a bust in Jax
    Derrick Harvey - Bust
    Eugene Monroe - Bust
    Tyson Alualu - Bust
    Blaine Gabbert - Bust
    Justin Blackmon - Bust (This one still hurts. HOF potential talent)
    Luke Joekel - Bust
    Blake Bortles - Bust
    *Dante Fowler - Bust (outplayed by Yannick, had moments but ultimately did very little in Jax)
    *Jalen Ramsey - Pro Bowl Player. HOF talent but ego always getting in the way
    *Leonard Fournette - Bust (Sure he was good in '17 but he was terrible in '18 & '19)
    *Taven Bryan - Most likely going to be a Bust. Late 1st so not as painful but was selected before Lamar Jackson.
    *Josh Allen - Pro Bowl Player
    CJ Henderson - Jury is still out but looks very promising

*Coughlin picks. Asterisk placed as 2 of these players were traded away and relationship with TC/FO was a big part of it. Both Ramsey and Fowler were great picks while the picks of Fournette and Bryan were crippling to this franchise based on who else was available (CMC, Dehsaun, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson etc.)

Long story short, not only do we stink at tanking, we've got bad luck and we've been pretty bad at drafting most years.

Oh, one of my other favorite things is being undercut for a dominant player by all three AFC South teams in years where we stunk too but they were smart enough to let us beat them.

Jacksonville 5-11
    Indianapolis 2-14
    Jacksonville 17 - Indianapolis 3
    Jacksonville 19 - Indianapolis 13
    Colts finish with worst record and draft Andrew Luck #1

Jacksonville 4-12
    Houston 2-14
    Jacksonville 13 Houston 6
    Jacksonville 27 Houston 20
    Houston finishes with the worst record and drafts Jadaveon Clowney #1

Jacksonville 3-13
    Tennessee 2-14
    Tennessee 16 Jacksonville 14 - 1st game
    Jacksonville 21 - Tennessee 13
    Tennessee finishes with the 2nd worst record and drafts Marcus Mariota (Jameis Winston went 1st overall).

*We had just beaten the Giants two weeks earlier (we were 1-10 prior to that) where the Giants were beating us 21-3 at half and we managed to come back and kick a FG to win it with :28 seconds on the clock. Then we're down 10-0 to Tennessee up until :31 seconds left in the half when we score a TD and go on to win in the second half. This was huge because both teams were 2-12 and this was week 16.

Nothing is more infuriating to me than to watch Jacksonville win meaningless games every year when they are an absolute dumpster fire and cost themselves in the draft. This has been going on for 12+ years (outside of 2017) and every year there are a handful of fans who will argue that the team should always try and win. I'm not saying the players shouldn't play to win but there are always ways to position a team to make it more difficult to win, such as the QB move we're making for next weekend.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-08-2020)

Wow. Impressive research & post.

Your pain seeps through my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Was hoping the Giants would pull off an upset of Tampa Tom last night.

I don't see us winning anymore games but I could easily see a 0-16 Jets followed by a 1-15 Giants, putting us out of the Lawrence/Fields spots. Maybe we move up to #2, maybe we take Sewell. Maybe the Giants take Sewell? I doubt we see a SOS flip with us and NYG.

This has disaster written all over it. It also has NFL marketing written all over it. Fields and Lawrence both to the Big Apple. While I think Sewell is a #1 overall pick in his own right we need a franchise QB and unfortunately for us I don't see a scenario where Lawrence and Fields are not the first two picks. Both are talented enough for the Jets and Giants to easily Josh Rosen their current QBs.

One of the most absolutely frustrating things is how crappy we've been at tanking over the years + being undercut by other teams out tanking us.

Here's how bad/unlucky we've been at tanking.

Drafts - 26
    Top 10 picks - 18
    #1 overall picks - 0
    #2 overall picks - 3 (only 1 since 1996)
    Average spot of top 10 pick - 6.2
    Top 10 pick in 12 of the last 13 years
    Top 5 pick for 6 straight years ('12 - '17) . Average pick of those years - 3.6

Top Draft picks by year
    Tony Boseli - Pro Bowl Player
    Kevin Hardy - Pro Bowl Player
    Renaldo Wynn - Good
    Fred Taylor - Pro Bowl Player
    Fernando Bryant - Good
    R. Jay Soward - Bust
    Marcus Stroud - Pro Bowl Player
    John Henderson - Pro Bowl Player
    Byron Leftwich - Bust
    Reggie Williams - Bust
    Matt Jones - Bust
    Mercedes Lewis - Pro Bowl Player
    Reggie Nelson - Pro Bowl Player (Not in Jacksonville) Could argue he was a bust in Jax
    Derrick Harvey - Bust
    Eugene Monroe - Bust
    Tyson Alualu - Bust
    Blaine Gabbert - Bust
    Justin Blackmon - Bust (This one still hurts. HOF potential talent)
    Luke Joekel - Bust
    Blake Bortles - Bust
    *Dante Fowler - Bust (outplayed by Yannick, had moments but ultimately did very little in Jax)
    *Jalen Ramsey - Pro Bowl Player. HOF talent but ego always getting in the way
    *Leonard Fournette - Bust (Sure he was good in '17 but he was terrible in '18 & '19)
    *Taven Bryan - Most likely going to be a Bust. Late 1st so not as painful but was selected before Lamar Jackson.
    *Josh Allen - Pro Bowl Player
    CJ Henderson - Jury is still out but looks very promising

*Coughlin picks. Asterisk placed as 2 of these players were traded away and relationship with TC/FO was a big part of it. Both Ramsey and Fowler were great picks while the picks of Fournette and Bryan were crippling to this franchise based on who else was available (CMC, Dehsaun, Mahomes, Lamar Jackson etc.)

Long story short, not only do we stink at tanking, we've got bad luck and we've been pretty bad at drafting most years.

Oh, one of my other favorite things is being undercut for a dominant player by all three AFC South teams in years where we stunk too but they were smart enough to let us beat them.

Jacksonville 5-11
    Indianapolis 2-14
    Jacksonville 17 - Indianapolis 3
    Jacksonville 19 - Indianapolis 13
    Colts finish with worst record and draft Andrew Luck #1

Jacksonville 4-12
    Houston 2-14
    Jacksonville 13 Houston 6
    Jacksonville 27 Houston 20
    Houston finishes with the worst record and drafts Jadaveon Clowney #1

Jacksonville 3-13
    Tennessee 2-14
    Tennessee 16 Jacksonville 14 - 1st game
    Jacksonville 21 - Tennessee 13
    Tennessee finishes with the 2nd worst record and drafts Marcus Mariota (Jameis Winston went 1st overall).

*We had just beaten the Giants two weeks earlier (we were 1-10 prior to that) where the Giants were beating us 21-3 at half and we managed to come back and kick a FG to win it with :28 seconds on the clock. Then we're down 10-0 to Tennessee up until :31 seconds left in the half when we score a TD and go on to win in the second half. This was huge because both teams were 2-12 and this was week 16.

Nothing is more infuriating to me than to watch Jacksonville win meaningless games every year when they are an absolute dumpster fire and cost themselves in the draft. This has been going on for 12+ years (outside of 2017) and every year there are a handful of fans who will argue that the team should always try and win. I'm not saying the players shouldn't play to win but there are always ways to position a team to make it more difficult to win, such as the QB move we're making for next weekend.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-04-2020),Revering4Blue (11-08-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Wow. Impressive research & post.

Your pain seeps through my screen.
    Bengals' fans feel no pain from having been numb for decades now.

Your odds of winning this week just went way up. HOU lost an important day of practice closing their facilities today, while one player at the minimum will miss Sunday's game due to COVID either from a positive test or from close contact requiring a 5-day quaratine at a minimum.

I was playing Chalk and Robinson in my FFB league anyway, but their floors and ceilings just went up.

A win could drop you 3 to 5 spots down in the draft from where you currently sit.

When throwing deep to Chalk, they need to do it on 1st or 2nd down. It won't work on 3rd down as Luton only completed 37% of his passes under pressure last season. He didn't throw picks, but he didn't complete them to his own Receivers, either. Regardless, this should be one of the three best games of the year for Chalk and get him back to tracking what he was doing last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Your odds of winning this week just went way up. HOU lost an important day of practice closing their facilities today, while one player at the minimum will miss Sunday's game due to COVID either from a positive test or from close contact requiring a 5-day quaratine at a minimum.

I was playing Chalk and Robinson in my FFB league anyway, but their floors and ceilings just went up.

A win could drop you 3 to 5 spots down in the draft from where you currently sit.

When throwing deep to Chalk, they need to do it on 1st or 2nd down. It won't work on 3rd down as Luton only completed 37% of his passes under pressure last season. He didn't throw picks, but he didn't complete them to his own Receivers, either. Regardless, this should be one of the three best games of the year for Chalk and get him back to tracking what he was doing last season.
    Out of total curiosity, why do you refer to DJ as Chalk? Does it have something to do with scoring touchdowns or first downs?

As for the game I could see it being close but as long as it's a Pro Bowl QB against a young inexperienced defense I'm taking the team with the Pro Bowl QB. Now if Houston ends up missing a lot of contributing players I could maybe see things going differently but I still doubt it.

Turn Off Ads?