Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We're on our 4th kicker. Kicker isn't the problem however.....
    no, defense is the problem....but Lambo has been kind of a hidden weapon in Jacksonville in recent years. I am not sure a lot of fans around the league have been aware how solid he has been in Jax. I am a Bucs fans....I know as much as anyone how much it sucks when you cannot count on your kicker.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    no, defense is the problem....but Lambo has been kind of a hidden weapon in Jacksonville in recent years. I am not sure a lot of fans around the league have been aware how solid he has been in Jax. I am a Bucs fans....I know as much as anyone how much it sucks when you cannot count on your kicker.
    I would say that you wouldn't know as much as Bengals' fans do.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jags play Texans. Even though Texans are 0-4 and fired their head coach, Texans are favored and I expect then to win. Jags defense has been a wreck, and now they are undermanned. I'm expecting 35-21 Texans.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

They should try something other than "short pass to Cole (incomplete)".
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jags play Texans. Even though Texans are 0-4 and fired their head coach, Texans are favored and I expect then to win. Jags defense has been a wreck, and now they are undermanned. I'm expecting 35-21 Texans.
    Well 30-14. About the same. Look the defense wasn't good by any imagination, but considering the total ineptness of the offense and kicking game, they weren't that bad. Minshew continues to look like a really good backup plan.

We play the Lions next week. It's starting to look like a "must lose game".

The Jags have some of the worst cover linebackers in the NFL. Myles Jack, who missed Week 5, has been targeted 17 times, allowing 13 receptions, 156 yards, and a touchdown. Jaguars linebacker Joe Schobert, meanwhile, has allowed 17 catches on 17 targets this season for 243 yards. The team’s other linebackers have struggled covering opposing tight ends and running backs too.

So, per Rotoworld, the Jaguars acquired OLB Kamalei Correa from the Titans. (Rotoworld's comments: the Titans were shopping Correa and had been expected to cut him if they couldn't find a trade partner. The former No. 42 overall pick of the Ravens in 2016, Correa recorded 8.5 sacks for Tennessee the previous two seasons but was buried on the depth chart this year and had played just 20% of the defensive snaps. He missed some time on the COVID-19 list during Tennessee's outbreak.)

Don't know if this will help their LB pass coverage, but it couldn't hurt (unless, of course, his social distancing behavior leads to Jaguar players getting COVID). At least the Jaguars recognize that they need improvement among their Linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I would say that you wouldn't know as much as Bengals' fans do.
    you guys used mid round draft picks on kickers 2 times in recent years only to cut them after a season? The South endzone has long been cursed for Bucs kickers in Ray Jay
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-17-2020)

The Jags have some of the worst cover linebackers in the NFL. Myles Jack, who missed Week 5, has been targeted 17 times, allowing 13 receptions, 156 yards, and a touchdown. Jaguars linebacker Joe Schobert, meanwhile, has allowed 17 catches on 17 targets this season for 243 yards. The team’s other linebackers have struggled covering opposing tight ends and running backs too.

So, per Rotoworld, the Jaguars acquired OLB Kamalei Correa from the Titans. (Rotoworld's comments: the Titans were shopping Correa and had been expected to cut him if they couldn't find a trade partner. The former No. 42 overall pick of the Ravens in 2016, Correa recorded 8.5 sacks for Tennessee the previous two seasons but was buried on the depth chart this year and had played just 20% of the defensive snaps. He missed some time on the COVID-19 list during Tennessee's outbreak.)

Don't know if this will help their LB pass coverage, but it couldn't hurt (unless, of course, his social distancing behavior leads to Jaguar players getting COVID). At least the Jaguars recognize that they need improvement among their Linebackers.
    Correa isn't a coverage backer. I have absolutely no idea why this deal was made other than having someone replace Leon Jacobs. Correa is a FA after this season and we're obviously not contending. Im really hoping there was some insight into this deal beyond 2020 but with Caldwell and Marone still at the helm I doubt it.

Just another head shaking move by the Jags regime

Hopefully the draft picture starts to shake out better over the next few weeks....

0-5 teams - Jets, Giants, Falcons
    1-4 teams - Chargers, Texans, Jaguars, Redskins, Vikings
    1-3 teams - Lions, Broncos
    1-3-1 teams - Bengals, Eagles
    2-3 teams - 49ers, Dolphins, Cowboys

Upcoming schedules (pending COVID related issues)

Week 6
    0-5 Falcons at 1-4 Vikings
    1-4 Redskins at 0-5 Giants
    0-5 Jets at 1-4 Dolphins
    1-3 Lions at 1-4 Jaguars

Week 7
    1-4 Jaguars at 1-4 Chargers
    0-5 Giants at 1-3-1 Eagles
    1-3 Lions at 0-5 Falcons
    2-3 Cowboys at 1-4 Redskins

Week 8
    1-4 Chargers at 1-3 Broncos
    2-3 Cowboys at 1-3-1 Eagles

I'm seeing a lot of articles saying the Jets would drop Sam Darnold like a bad habit if they can get Trevor Lawrence. While I agree Lawrence has the generational QB make up I can't help but laugh because it won't matter if Gase is still in charge. Lawrence might even want to consider the Andrew Luck route if the Jets end up at #1 overall.

If Jacksonville ends up with a top 3 pick and doesn't go QB I hope they get Sewell. Ultimately I feel like there will be another team that ends up higher than Jax on the draft board, either due to a worse record or trading up above us to get Lawrence. There is always the chance that even Jax uses its current arsenal of picks (two 1s, two 2s in '21) to move up. I think the smart thing to do in the event we don't get the #1 overall pick (and we still go QB) is let whichever team draft Lawrence or trade up for Lawrence and we find a way to get Fields. For as highly touted and praised as Lawrence is, Fields is not that far behind him.

I don't think Gase will be a factor. I'll be very surprised if he lasts the entire season.

I have no idea what to expect today against the Lions. I think I'd rather go 1-15 and try to get Lawrence (or Fields), but I'm not sure 1-15 gets it done. So I fully expect a 4-12 record and 'no-man's land' again. If so, today might be one of those 4 wins.

Wow today was a stinker performance. All around. Minshew looked bad, defense looked bad, a lot more little injuries. ONly good part of day is victories by Falcons and Giants. Both remain ahead of Jags based on SOS.

Currently with pick #5.

Jags have a bye after next week. Gotta wonder if heads will roll. It appears the GM sold his house a couple weeks ago.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Wow today was a stinker performance. All around. Minshew looked bad, defense looked bad, a lot more little injuries. ONly good part of day is victories by Falcons and Giants. Both remain ahead of Jags based on SOS.

Currently with pick #5.

Jags have a bye after next week. Gotta wonder if heads will roll. It appears the GM sold his house a couple weeks ago.
    Ya need a franchise QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ya need a franchise QB...
    Don't think Jay Gruden's play-calling has been very good, and their O-Line is as bad as the Bengals'.

Don't think Jay Gruden's play-calling has been very good, and their O-Line is as bad as the Bengals'.
    They're not a great pass blocking unit but prior to this game they ranked in the top half of run blocking teams. They are by no means great but they are far from being as bad as the Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?