Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Well the Jags coaches were right. Upset the heavily favored Colts. Minshew, who has been told he's just holding the chair for Trevor Lawrence was 19 of 20 with one drop for a 142.3 rating. 3 TD's and 0 picks.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-13-2020),Revering4Blue (09-13-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well the Jags coaches were right. Upset the heavily favored Colts. Minshew, who has been told he's just holding the chair for Trevor Lawrence was 19 of 20 with one drop for a 142.3 rating. 3 TD's and 0 picks.
    Baker may be holding that chair from what I saw today...
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-13-2020),Revering4Blue (09-13-2020)

From Rotoworld...

Minshew only dropped back to pass the ball 28 times against the Colts but added confusion to the Defense with his legs (five carries) and averaged 8.6 yards per pass attempt in his regular season debut engineering OC Jay Gruden’s offense. The new scheme allowed Mustache Mania the league’s third-fastest time to throw (2.34 seconds), settling the ball in his receivers’ hands rather than forcing plays on an island on his own. The one-read play-calling alone cancels out Jadeveon Clowney and the Titans’ formidable pass rush.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jags play Titans in Tennessee today Trust me that has been an ugly place for us. Last win there was 2013, and we play there every year. I'm going to drink the Kool Aid a bit and say we win 27-20. That means our defense has to play better this week. We can't rely on interceptions again. Jags are HEAVY underdogs.

Jags have a nice stretch of winnable games coming up after this one. If they continue to surprise like they did week 1

James Robinson looked better in Game 2 than Game 1. Minshew looked decent in both games.

Playing both Parker and Williams in my Fantasy league this week, so I'm hoping they combine for 250 and three scores against Jacksonville's below-average Secondary. Realistically, I think they get 220 yards and 2 scores with Gisecki adding 90 yards and a score.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Well we didn't win. Despite trailing most of the game, we had chances to win and came up just short. Two REALLY bad calls by officials cost us. One was a phantom pass interference on 3rd down that gave a 1st down to Titans and led to winning field goal. Second was a non-offside call on Clowney on Jags final offensive play. The ball was on a yard line, so it was completely obvious he was lined up offsides. Here's a shot....

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/9...nd-of-the-game

On the other hand, I think there's a general sense that we're ok with the loss. Because of the big picture.

And the big picture, is that this franchise all of a sudden looks to be in fantastic position. Minshew is the real deal. He may never be the best QB in the league, but it appears he's going to be pretty darn good.

Taking stock - We have our franchise QB. We have our franchise running back in an undrafted rookie. We have a really good WR's in Chark, 2nd rounder Chenault, 6th rounder Johnson, and Keelan Cole. The offensive line now seems solid across the board. We now have 2 solid DE's in Josh Allen and Chaisson. CJ Henderson looks great at corner replacing Ramsey. The FA acquisition of Joe Schobert has moved Miles Jack to OL where he is thriving. Jags need a little more presence on the DL, and to shore up their defensive backfield a bit.

But we are incredibly young, almost everyone has at least 2 more years on current contracts, we have the most cap room of any team in the league, and an extra 1st rounder and extra 2nd rounder in 2021 draft.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 09-23-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well we didn't win. Despite trailing most of the game, we had chances to win and came up just short. Two REALLY bad calls by officials cost us. One was a phantom pass interference on 3rd down that gave a 1st down to Titans and led to winning field goal. Second was a non-offside call on Clowney on Jags final offensive play. The ball was on a yard line, so it was completely obvious he was lined up offsides. Here's a shot....

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/9...nd-of-the-game

On the other hand, I think there's a general sense that we're ok with the loss. Because of the big picture.

And the big picture, is that this franchise all of a sudden looks to be in fantastic position. Minshew is the real deal. He may never be the best QB in the league, but it appears he's going to be pretty darn good.

Taking stock - We have our franchise QB. We have our franchise running back in an undrafted rookie. We have a really good WR's in Chark, 2nd rounder Chenault, 6th rounder Johnson, and Keelan Cole. The offensive line now seems solid across the board. We now have 2 solid DE's in Josh Allen and Chaisson. CJ Henderson looks great at corner reaping Ramsey. The FA acquisition of Joe Shhobert has moved Miles Jack to OL where he is thriving. Jags need a little more presence on the DL, and to shore up their defensive backfield a bit.

But we are incredibly young, almost everyone has at least 2 more years on current contracts, we have the most cap room of any team in the league, and extra an 1st rounder and extra 2nd rounder in 2021 draft.
    As good as Chark was last season, it's pretty clear that he's going to be 4th in targets on the team this season. It means so much to have a quarterback where you aren't waiting the whole game for him to make boneheaded plays that cost you a game. Minshew made one on Sunday, but it's rare for him to do so. Speaking of, Bortles was signed by the Broncos today.

I will also be starting James Robinson for the 3rd straight week (especially after I just lost McCaffrey for the next 4-6 weeks).

Whoa, it just got serious on the injury front. Our center is out for the Dolphins game, but Josh Lambo who just might be the best kicker in the league is out for at least 3 games after going on IR with a hip issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As good as Chark was last season, it's pretty clear that he's going to be 4th in targets on the team this season. It means so much to have a quarterback where you aren't waiting the whole game for him to make boneheaded plays that cost you a game. Minshew made one on Sunday, but it's rare for him to do so. Speaking of, Bortles was signed by the Broncos today.
    He's 4th in targets right now but he's played more snaps and ran more routes than any other receiver on the team. He's also at a 15.6 yard per target and the next highest is Shenault at 9. Chark is getting the quality looks. His numbers will balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    He's 4th in targets right now but he's played more snaps and ran more routes than any other receiver on the team. He's also at a 15.6 yard per target and the next highest is Shenault at 9. Chark is getting the quality looks. His numbers will balance out.
    Yeah, I know he has. That makes it worse. If he was 4th in snaps and 4th in routes run then there would be grounds for improvement. They are truly having Minshew orchestrate a dink-and-dunk approach and that's hurting Chalk, but even when game script had them behind by multiple scores, the deep ball and Chalk was not being targeted.

It's only two games, and common sense says that Chalk will eventually be #1 in targets, or at least #2, but there is a real possibility that he never rises above #3 this season and is used mostly to stretch the field.

Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yeah, I know he has. That makes it worse. If he was 4th in snaps and 4th in routes run then there would be grounds for improvement. They are truly having Minshew orchestrate a dink-and-dunk approach and that's hurting Chalk, but even when game script had them behind by multiple scores, the deep ball and Chalk was not being targeted.

It's only two games, and common sense says that Chalk will eventually be #1 in targets, or at least #2, but there is a real possibility that he never rises above #3 this season and is used mostly to stretch the field.
    Most of this is due to Grudens west coast offense which involves a lot of quick reads. I believe the more comfortable the offense gets with the new system the more they will open things up and attempt more downfield passes which should benefit DJ more than any other wideout on the team.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Most of this is due to Grudens west coast offense which involves a lot of quick reads. I believe the more comfortable the offense gets with the new system the more they will open things up and attempt more downfield passes which should benefit DJ more than any other wideout on the team.
    I've seen it before with Andy Reid and Alex Smith. You had a Coach who prefers run-after-catch that emphasizes high-percentage throws and a QB who absolutely refused to throw it further than 10 yards past the LOS. Minshew is no Alex Smith and is more than willing to throw it deep, but Gruden follows Reid's script and Minshew is executing it well. Usually talent wins out, but that was not the case with Smith and Reid where field stretchers with talent had their careers ruined. Talent will win out here as Minshew will eventually start taking more shots with Chalk.

What we haven't seen yet is Thompson getting 8-10 targets a game. Expecting that to happen very soon. With no preseason games, seemed to want to get Robinson going. Now that this has been established, I think Thompson gets mixed in more this week. Also, with Robinson getting established, this opens up play-action to Chalk. Expect to see more of that this week, too, especially against Miami's CB's.

BY KATE MAGDZIUK

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/fo...mania-vs-magic

IS JAGS RB ROBINSON THE REAL DEAL?

Most of the NFL community was a bit puzzled at the news of the release of Leonard Fournette. We quickly surmised that it was tank time for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Most expected the depth chart to look like a bit of a question mark with Ryquell Armstead sent to IR and newly signed Chris Thompson’s difficulty staying healthy. The team surprised us all when listing UDFA rookie RB James Robinson atop the chart. Robinson is a 5’9” and 219 pound running back out of Illinois State in the FCS whose college production may be surprising to those who don’t know him.

Robinson totaled 4,444 rushing yards in his time at Illinois with 1,899 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns in 2019 alone. He was named first team FSC All-American in 2019 and was named first team All-Missouri Valley Football Conference in each of his three seasons as a starter. Robinson went undrafted in 2020 after posting a 4.64 40-yard dash. His speed was likely a red-flag for teams in the pre-draft process, but it’s worth noting that Robinson excelled above the 50th percentile in other drills, including the bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, 3-cone and shuttle run. In his first two games, Robinson has showcased this explosivity along with excellent vision for finding rushing lanes.

Turn Off Ads?