Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    They're not a great pass blocking unit but prior to this game they ranked in the top half of run blocking teams. They are by no means great but they are far from being as bad as the Bengals.
    They did? Did not know that. Could not tell (I start James Robinson every week on my fantasy team, so I do pay attention to this, but I have not seen any PFF grades on O-Lines or individual Jag players,...just going by what I see. On run plays, Robinson routinely gets first contact before he reaches the LOS.).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Was just listening to Tony Boselli on radio. Said this was bad game for O-line. And that they played pretty well before this game.

Reading the tea leaves, I think Marrone knows he is getting fired. Whether it is at the end of the season or after next Sundays loss to Chargers. We have a bye week coming up after the Chargers. He was asked about firing Defensive Coordinator Todd Wash. The Jags have given up 30 points or more for 5 straight games.

And he said as long as he is coach, Wash is the DC. That sounds like guy who does not expect to be coach much longer.

Also DJ Chark kind of threw Minshew under the bus saying the receivers were getting open.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They did? Did not know that. Could not tell (I start James Robinson every week on my fantasy team, so I do pay attention to this, but I have not seen any PFF grades on O-Lines or individual Jag players,...just going by what I see. On run plays, Robinson routinely gets first contact before he reaches the LOS.).
    Well the wheels seem to be coming off now. I'm expecting us to get absolutely railroaded in LA this weekend. We're trending tank and LA is coming off of a bye week with a rookie QB playing extremely well. Our history traveling to SD/LA is not the greatest.

The last 4 times we traveled to SD/LA
    L 34-21
    L 38-13
    L 33-14
    L 38-14

But yeah, I've got JR on one of my teams too. What began as a ridiculous undrafted gem who could even put up points in a negative game script has now fallen victim to the overall plunge of the team. I wouldn't want to have to start any Jag in FFB right now.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 10-21-2020 at 10:36 AM.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-21-2020)

I don't know about you RR as one of the few Jags fans here..... but I'm hoping for a blowout loss now. And for Caldwell and Marrone to be fired during bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I don't know about you RR as one of the few Jags fans here..... but I'm hoping for a blowout loss now. And for Caldwell and Marrone to be fired during bye week.
    I'm with that 110%.

I"m not 100% sure I want Jay Gruden named as interim, which would seem logical. I'd be too afraid of Shad keeping him. I want 100% new guys. I might lean towards MacAdoo. He's been a HC before but isn't a "hot" candidate.

Well the wheels seem to be coming off now. I'm expecting us to get absolutely railroaded in LA this weekend. We're trending tank and LA is coming off of a bye week with a rookie QB playing extremely well. Our history traveling to SD/LA is not the greatest.

L 34-21
    L 38-13
    L 33-14
    L 38-14

But yeah, I've got JR on one of my teams too. What began as a ridiculous undrafted gem who could even put up points in a negative game script has now fallen victim to the overall plunge of the team. I wouldn't want to have to start any Jag in FFB right now.
    Teams just don't do well in any sport when they have to travel 2000 to 2500 miles one way.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

L 34-21
    L 38-13
    L 33-14
    L 38-14

Chalk gets 14 targets, but only about 75 yards. Ridiculous. They get tunnel-vision on a Receiver it seems every game. Defenses see it coming, too.

Bugle call!

Help is on the way...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Jaguars DE Aaron Lynch has ended his brief retirement and joined the team. The 27-year-old hung up his cleats just two months ago but has now decided to come back to football. The Jaguars are dead last in adjusted sack rate and need all the help they can get off the edge.

L 34-21
    L 38-13
    L 33-14
    L 38-14

Minshew is going to throw it 44 times. That's not a good thing when 40 of them won't go in the air more than 8 yards past the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I"m not 100% sure I want Jay Gruden named as interim, which would seem logical. I'd be too afraid of Shad keeping him. I want 100% new guys. I might lean towards MacAdoo. He's been a HC before but isn't a "hot" candidate.
    I'd be very interested in Todd Bowles. Beyond that I wouldn't be opposed to taking someone green like Leftwich (talk about a reunion) or even someone extremely green like Joe Brady. I think Bowles is far better than his time with big green would argue and both Brady and Leftwich are up and comers that could be snatched up before they become too in demand.

I simply wouldn't want Leftwich because of his prior Jacksonville connection. Sorry I want 100% new people. I didn't see much in the Bowles regime in NY that would make me want him. Brady is sure interesting but man oh man would that be risky.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the GM position. I assume that person hires the coach and not Shad. And I'm not really sure who the hot names would be for that. Seems I've heard someone from KC mentioned, and that might bring Bienemy.

I also kind a wonder why Asst GM's are not hire-able during the season, instead of after. Once the trade deadline passes, I actually assume November is a quieter time in the GM office, than after the season when you are starting to prepare for Free Agency and the draft.

BTW, saw a picture of Myles Jack from last Sunday. Not only did he have a walking cast on, but his injured foot was on one of those little carts. I's be really surprised to see him Sunday. In fact, way better to not even try so he can take the 2 weeks off.

BTW, hoping for and predicting Jags loss. About 35-17. Watched Fields yesterday. Not quite as despondent about missing out on Lawrence.

Perfect day for me involves Falcons win, and Washington win. I can't really even dream about Jets win.

I'm still playing Robinson over both Singletary and Justin Jackson.

Robinson should still get 12-14 rushes and 5-8 targets, especially with Thompson out.

Singletary will have positive game-script against the Jets and potentially 20 rushes, but he's had positive game-script before and only gets 11-12 rushes. They just don't use Singletary in the passing game. He's rotated on first half series, sometimes 2nd half, and Allen vultures all TD's that Moss doesn't.

Jackson, should get 20+ touches with at least 5 receptions, but there's still too much mystery there.

And, I'm not sitting Drake after his 164/2TD explosion, or Jamal Williams with Aaron Jones out.

Turn Off Ads?