Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    You have the Colts the last game of the year, seems like the Colts always let Jags win enough to blow the big pick.
    FIFY
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

redsfanmia (11-29-2020),Rojo Rijo (11-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Shad Khan has fired GM Dave Caldwell. Coaching staff safe through end of the year.
    "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Hope you heard Chark is out. Lof of players (and coaches) are. Gardner still out, so it's Glennon and Luton as QB's. A winnable game, so hopefully Jags don't screw up and win it. Go Jets,
    Didn't play him. Didn't matter. My opponent had Tyreke Hill.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Another close one. Losing games has been as nerve wracking as winning with four of the last 5 being decided by 2, 4, 2, and 3 points.

We'd still need to win two games to fall out of the #2 pick. We've got vs. Ten, at Bal, vs. Chi, and at Ind left.

The Jets just refuse to win and have at Sea, at LAr, vs. Cle, and at NE left. I'm pretty certain their going 0-16.

The Trevor Lawrence era in Jax lasted 4 minutes.

It's in the best interest of the Jags to lose. So, starting Glennon is best for that cause, Marrone keeps saying Glennon gives them the best chances to win. But Minshew beats Glennon in TD/INT ratio, Completion Pct, Yards per game, and rating. Every stat.

And in net points (Because Glennon threw a pick six and gave up a safety), The Jags score slightly more under Minshew despite Minshew playing with a broken bone in his throwing hand for 2.5 games.

And that's where I think this really boils down. Last year when Coughlin was still here and in charge, Marrone went to the mat for Minshew. Reporters overheard a yelling match where Marrone insisted on Minshew and Coughlin wanted Foles. Marrone refused to start Foles.

And this year, knowing the Jags desperately needed some wins to save Marrone's job, Minshew hid an injury from the team. That's what Marrone can't accept.

Going forward in 2021, Marrone almost certainly won't be the coach. The Jags almost certainly will draft a QB at #2. As it looks now, it will probably be Fields. A mobile QB. If Minshew is the backup or the bridge QB they play the same kind of offense. Minshew makes much more sense than Glennon as the backup.

Wait 2 more losses then start Minshew for last 2 games.

Jags got blown out by Titans. Glennon played more than half the game. Was ineffective. Minshew got .40 of the game. Was better but still had some bad throws. Minshew gets the start next week against Baltimore.

Just one more loss the rest of the way gets us at worst the #3 pick.

Some rumblings of an Urban Meyer to Jax talk. I don't really believe it. And not sure it would be the greatest thing. But boy it sure would be interesting.

So, Minshew returns and it's the same old, same old. Can't complete anything downfield. He is barely backup material.

No doubt they take a QB on their 1st pick and I doubt if they trade down to do it. Jets should also take a QB, and that sets up Sewell to the Bengals.

They could trade to 4 as the Bengals won't take a QB in case someone at 4 wants Sewell.

I feel like the Bengals will find a way to mess this up, just like Cleveland giving up the 55-yd kick to Tucker to lose.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-16-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Minshew played less than half the game. Jags scored 7 points and also had 2 other drives where they would have scored with chip shot field goals but had to go for first downs instead because Glennon had put them in such a big hole.

So he would have had 13 points in less than half a game. I'd 100% be satisfied with Minshew as my backup next year. Will be very interesting to see what happens at QB for the Jags. First we need a GM and (hopefully) new coach.

But to me, Fields is playing himself out of the #2 spot. If the new GM doesn't love Fields or Wilson enough for #2, do they go ahead and solidify left tackle for the next 10 years with Sewell. And then hope for picking up Fields, Wilson, Jones or Trask late in first? Or pick up one of the possible QBs that might be available thru free agency or trade?

Let's get that L out of the way today first.

Garnder Minshew really sucks.

Minshew played less than half the game. Jags scored 7 points and also had 2 other drives where they would have scored with chip shot field goals but had to go for first downs instead because Glennon had put them in such a big hole.

So he would have had 13 points in less than half a game. I'd 100% be satisfied with Minshew as my backup next year. Will be very interesting to see what happens at QB for the Jags. First we need a GM and (hopefully) new coach.

But to me, Fields is playing himself out of the #2 spot. If the new GM doesn't love Fields or Wilson enough for #2, do they go ahead and solidify left tackle for the next 10 years with Sewell. And then hope for picking up Fields, Wilson, Jones or Trask late in first? Or pick up one of the possible QBs that might be available thru free agency or trade?

Let's get that L out of the way today first.
    Minshew was crap that entire half.

Minshew's inaccuracy makes him unsuable. High percentage completions is no indication of accuracy when the completions don't get 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. Minshew's biggest problem is his poor decision-making. Holding the ball too long. Choosing the wrong Receiver to throw it to. Not throwing to and hitting the correct Receiver when he's open and then ending up checking down to the wrong Receiver that kills a drive.

Now if he could make throws like he just did to Robinson for a TD more often instead of once a game, then he would be serviceable. But, he's more conservative than Alex Smith without the arm strength.

Well Jags got thoroughly dominated as expected. We have now clinched no worse than the third pick.

Jets win !! The Jags are now in control of the #1 pick !!!

18. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (12-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?