Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Let the announcement and the resulting noise sink in for a couple days. Very disappointing. Very disappointed in Khan. His football people have failed to put a winning product on the field. The Jags have had losing seasons in 11 of the past 12 years if I remember correctly.

And his answer to that was have the same people continue to run it the football side of things. And now this. And in interviews he mealy mouths around his answers. I'm not very happy with Khan at the moment.
    His doppelganger has a team in SW Ohio.
    Last edited by North; 02-08-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. - Anatole France

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Just figured out what, "It's perfectly clear" means...they are moving to the UK.
    At first glance you would think this but logistically it would be so hard to have a team over there in the UK...pay issues, they would need a US headquarters, training camp etc...having a team in London is a nightmare and I think the union would have issues with is as well.

According to some of the beat writers Khan is pouring money into the area surrounding the stadium so I don't see a move to London...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I agree with the above that logistics are a huge hurdle to jump over at this point. The unintended consequences of the large time zone difference between the Pacific Coast and London are hard to forecast.

That said, Khan has his eye on London. If I had to bet I'd say he won't pull it (a full move) off, but I'd lay even money he makes the attempt to move the franchise there. I suspect the seeds are being planted to make the excuse of "if we want to remain competitive and profitable, we have to make the move to London." And from reading some of the local Jax articles the fans are ticked off, as they should be. So now, you have a bad team playing footsie with London...fan support will decrease, making the move to London a self-fulfilling prophecy. (At least that's the plan)

Back when you scoffed at this idea a few years ago JaxRed you trumpeted Khan investing 2 billion dollars into the new stadium/development. Where is that 2 billion now?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    At first glance you would think this but logistically it would be so hard to have a team over there in the UK...pay issues, they would need a US headquarters, training camp etc...having a team in London is a nightmare and I think the union would have issues with is as well.

According to some of the beat writers Khan is pouring money into the area surrounding the stadium so I don't see a move to London...
    A move to London is highly unlikely but eventually seeing a scenario where the Jags are shipped over the Atlantic for something like a 3 or 4 game "home" stand wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Jags hired former Giants HC Ben McAdoo to be QB coach. We now have 2 former HC's on offense. Gruden and McAdoo. Next step is seeing the Free Agent moves including what ever happens to Yannick Ngokwe.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

I still firmly believe in Kahn and his process for trying to run the franchise with a goal of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. He's been close, having been minutes away from getting there. It will happen. It's just not that easy as players still have to perform.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?