Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Let the announcement and the resulting noise sink in for a couple days. Very disappointing. Very disappointed in Khan. His football people have failed to put a winning product on the field. The Jags have had losing seasons in 11 of the past 12 years if I remember correctly.

And his answer to that was have the same people continue to run it the football side of things. And now this. And in interviews he mealy mouths around his answers. I'm not very happy with Khan at the moment.
    His doppelganger has a team in SW Ohio.
    Last edited by North; 02-08-2020 at 09:15 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Just figured out what, "It's perfectly clear" means...they are moving to the UK.
    At first glance you would think this but logistically it would be so hard to have a team over there in the UK...pay issues, they would need a US headquarters, training camp etc...having a team in London is a nightmare and I think the union would have issues with is as well.

According to some of the beat writers Khan is pouring money into the area surrounding the stadium so I don't see a move to London...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I agree with the above that logistics are a huge hurdle to jump over at this point. The unintended consequences of the large time zone difference between the Pacific Coast and London are hard to forecast.

That said, Khan has his eye on London. If I had to bet I'd say he won't pull it (a full move) off, but I'd lay even money he makes the attempt to move the franchise there. I suspect the seeds are being planted to make the excuse of "if we want to remain competitive and profitable, we have to make the move to London." And from reading some of the local Jax articles the fans are ticked off, as they should be. So now, you have a bad team playing footsie with London...fan support will decrease, making the move to London a self-fulfilling prophecy. (At least that's the plan)

Back when you scoffed at this idea a few years ago JaxRed you trumpeted Khan investing 2 billion dollars into the new stadium/development. Where is that 2 billion now?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    At first glance you would think this but logistically it would be so hard to have a team over there in the UK...pay issues, they would need a US headquarters, training camp etc...having a team in London is a nightmare and I think the union would have issues with is as well.

According to some of the beat writers Khan is pouring money into the area surrounding the stadium so I don't see a move to London...
    A move to London is highly unlikely but eventually seeing a scenario where the Jags are shipped over the Atlantic for something like a 3 or 4 game "home" stand wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Jags hired former Giants HC Ben McAdoo to be QB coach. We now have 2 former HC's on offense. Gruden and McAdoo. Next step is seeing the Free Agent moves including what ever happens to Yannick Ngokwe.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I still firmly believe in Kahn and his process for trying to run the franchise with a goal of getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. He's been close, having been minutes away from getting there. It will happen. It's just not that easy as players still have to perform.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Jags hired former Giants HC Ben McAdoo to be QB coach. We now have 2 former HC's on offense. Gruden and McAdoo. Next step is seeing the Free Agent moves including what ever happens to Yannick Ngokwe.
    Yannick announced on Twitter that he does not intend to sign with Jax. NFL sources reporting that Jags intend to franchise. IMO they should do that ASAP. Non-exclusive tag.

Yannick announced on Twitter that he does not intend to sign with Jax. NFL sources reporting that Jags intend to franchise. IMO they should do that ASAP. Non-exclusive tag.
    Tag and trade seems inevitable. I'd really like to see us get some more fire power for this draft. I want Simmons but after his combine showing I think we'd have to move up to get him.

We may lose some firepower in the draft. Word on street us that Jags are trying to move Nick Foles and will have to sweeten the pot with a draft pick.

We may lose some firepower in the draft. Word on street us that Jags are trying to move Nick Foles and will have to sweeten the pot with a draft pick.
    In 2017 Houston pulled off this kind of deal sending Brock Osweiler to Cleveland along with a 2017 6th rd pick and a 2018 2nd rd pick in exchange for a 2017 4th rd pick. Cleveland released him before the season started and ate 19 million. Foles cap hit for 2020 is 22 million. I'm not sure what kind of market there is for Foles or if a team with cap room may step up and do this kind of deal in a round about way of buying draft picks.

I'm not in favor of losing draft capital to lose Foles. If he have to lose draft picks, I'd rather see him ride the pine, absorb the salary and cut him after the season.

But in other news: Jags have traded AJ Bouye to Denver for a 4th round pick. We were rumored to be cutting him so that's not a bad deal.

13. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-03-2020)

I'm not in favor of losing draft capital to lose Foles. If he have to lose draft picks, I'd rather see him ride the pine, absorb the salary and cut him after the season.

But in other news: Jags have traded AJ Bouye to Denver for a 4th round pick. We were rumored to be cutting him so that's not a bad deal.
    Good start. I was just discussing this with a close friend (Titans fan) yesterday and explaining to him that the organization is not as in shambles as it appears to be. They removed Coughlin and now just need to move a handful of contracts. Dareus and Bouye are gone. I believe Lee will be released (8.75 roster v. 3.5 dead) and I'd love to see us get out from some other deals like Norwell and Foles but I realize the probability of that is low. There is a lot of young talent to build around (Jack, Allen, Chark, Minshew, Jawaan etc.).

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-03-2020)

Getting a 4th is great. Not sure what Elway was thinking on this one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-04-2020)

Agree about Foles. He's a sunk cost.

Interesting bit on Foles, kind of goes against what most have been thinking.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...iving-interest

This could be maneuvering on the Jags part but Garafolo stated that multiple teams have reached out to Jax about Foles and that the Jags would need compensation to move on from Foles. The QB market is more interesting this offseason than its ever been.

New England - If TB12 is gone, Foles would be a great fit
    Buffalo - No. Josh Allen
    New York - No. Sam Darnold
    Miami - Possible. Not sure how they feel about Rosen but they are being mocked as taking a QB, Tua or Herbert in most mocks. If they are planning on taking a QB I don't see a fit but if they opt for a different direction it's possible. Still I doubt it.

Pittsburgh - No. Ben is returning and Mason will backup
    Baltimore - No. Action Jackson
    Cincinnati - Highly Doubtful. 99.999999% they take Joe and he'll get the keys on day 1
    Cleveland - No. Baker is still their future

Tennessee - No. Well.....No. This one would be out of left field but I don't see us making this kind of deal with our biggest rival but technically they are going to be in the market so maybe.
    Indianapolis - Possible but doubtful. The Colts are well known to be in the FA QB sweepstakes but most have them pegged for P-Riv. Still Foles could fit well here, the team is built to contend.
    Houston - No. Deshaun.

Kansas City - No. Patty
    Las Vegas - Maybe. I doubt they'd toss Carr just to have Foles but I guess it's a possibility. I still think they'd shoot their shot with TB12, Rivers, and maybe even Famous Jameis (with the belief Gruden can take him to the next level) before settling on a Foles type.
    Los Angeles - Possible. Rivers is out. Most mocks have them taking Herbert and they'll certainly be involved in FA with QBs but if they don't have a real shot with TB12 then it's Jameis or the draft and they don't have a QB right now
    Denver - No. If Elway can get TB12 he'll do it but otherwise they're moving forward with Lock.

Dallas - Hmmmm. No. I don't see Dallas not inking Dak him to a deal. They'd be stupid not to get it done asap but when you involve big egos you never know.
    Washington - Possible but doubtful. One would think Haskins will get the shot but Riverboat didn't pick him and the Skins/Rivera have already stated they'll bring in Joe and Tua for pre-draft meetings. I still don't see them looking for a veteran QB as their team isn't ready to compete.
    New York- No. DJ.
    Philadelphia - No. Well they do love him but no. Wentz. They aren't going to pay a backup QB that kind of money, even though Wentz is injury prone and was mildly successful at best last season.

Chicago - Possible. Speculation is that they've decided Mitch isn't the guy. I think this team is going to be involved with a lot of FA QBs. They're built to win and one could argue Trubisky held them back last season. Foles isn't as flashy but he's won a SB and that's something not looked at lightly across the league. Only six other guys still taking snaps can put that on their resume.
    Green Bay - No. Rodgers.
    Minnesota - No. Kirk.
    Detroit - No. Stafford. Not buying the faint rumors of a divorce here.

New Orleans - No. Brees.
    Carolina - Hmmmm. Still no hard vote of confidence from Tepper or Rhule on Cam. I think he's there but the leash is going to be short. So IMO that keeps them out of the QB market this offseason but if Cam/Carolina struggles I think this will be his last. So as far as Foles goes it's a no.
    Tampa Bay - Possible. Jameis is gone. They'll throw themselves at TB12 and he'd be wise to listen, that group of Godwin/Evans/OJ would be the most talented group of targets he's ever had. If they strike out on TB12 and Rivers it's possible but I'm expecting they'll land one of the big fish, likely Rivers.
    Atlanta - No. Ryan is still their guy.

Seattle - No. Russ.
    San Francisco - No. I know there have been rumors of TB12 but No. This team was so good last year. No need to shake things up with such a solid defense and run game.
    Los Angeles - No. Goff is still their guy and is being well compensated. (That's what just getting to a SB does for you).
    Arizona - No. Murray.

So in my opinion the following teams could end up in scenarios where Foles could come into play - Patriots, Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Chargers, Raiders, Redskins, Bears, and Buccaneers. Now I am not saying what the chances/%/likeliness is for any of those teams because there are too many variables with potential moving parts. These are just the ones I see right now who could potentially have a path that would lead to Foles.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 03-05-2020 at 09:48 AM.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-05-2020),North (04-19-2020)

Turn Off Ads?