Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars - 2020 - It's perfectly clear now !

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Jags probably do want Dalton but not as a trade. So I'd be surprised if a Dalton/Fournette trade went down. Jags GM Caldwell has been doing a masterful job of roster/cap management trying to fix the mess that Tom Coughlin created.

Starting with 2 #1's for Ramsey. And getting rid of Foles and his contract. We've gone from a team with zero cap room to a team with with 15 million left (which places them 14th in league). If they trade Fournette for a pick (I'd expect a 4th), then they would save 4 million and be 11th. And the worst kept secret in town is that they'll probably cut Marquis Lee after the draft and we'd have the 8th most room.

For 2021 we again will have 2 #1s, and we have the 4th most cap room (with Lee gone it would be 3rd), and they'll probably cut the #1 guy (Andrew Norwell) after 2020 which would still leave them 3rd but by a wider margin.
    If I was TB, I might consider a 4th for Fournette. 2 more years with the 5 year option? If you are going all in for Brady's tenure, then Fournette would be helpful if he had a similar season to last year. He was not a great fantasy player because he did not get in the endzone often, but he was really productive running the ball and became this major threat catching the ball out of the backfield.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Fournette ends up on a team with a good OL and an above average passing game he'll be a 1,200/300 back (if healthy for the year). Honestly in the right system with the right supporting cast he could easily lead the league in rushing. He's just not going to be able to do it himself. He's powerful and does everything well but he is not very evasive once he gets into the 2nd/3rd level. At LSU this didn't matter because he was going to get by the LBs and would turn DBs into dust if they stepped in his way. He's a very good back but he just doesn't have an elite ability to avoid defenders once he gets past the line. That's why he got bottled up badly in more than a few games last season. He'd have a horrible line, like a 14 carries for 33 yards and would then break a 60+ yard run to make his overall day look good i.e. 15 for 93.

I think he's worth a mid-late 3rd but I think they'll get a 4th.

My bigger concern is Yannick. I really hope we can secure a package, like maybe a late 1st and then a 3rd in 2021. I believe they will keep him if they don't get the right offer but I know their preference is to make a deal. He's done too much talking to make things right and being a part of another losing season will only worsen things. He wants out and we're rebuilding.

Dream scenario would be Yannick, #20, and #73 to the Giants for #4 & #36
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-20-2020 at 11:25 AM.

per ESPN....

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not expected to make a trade for Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Jaguars have had trade talks with other teams about Fournette, who gained 1,674 yards from scrimmage last season and is scheduled to make just $4.16 million in base salary this year.

Yannick and Tony Kahn trading jabs on Twitter today. A bad look for all parties involved. Jags leverage getting hurt and Yannick making a bad name for himself. Even if other owners/GMs understand that his situation is a bad one there is no way he isn’t putting up red flags doing this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-20-2020 at 06:29 PM.

A lot of Jags happenings......

Fournette - 50% of the Jags getting rid of Fournette is the Jags desire to clean up the culture. Fournette has been less than a model citizen the entire time. Just today Mark Long who covers Jags for AP says Fournette was still doing things like sleeping in team meetings etc. and was moody. Some days he was up and some days he was sullen. I think Fournette is gone no later than Monday. So either before, during or after the draft. Jags may not get very much for him. I'd easily take a 3rd in 2021. I suspect the most we can expect is a 4th in 2020.

Marquis Lee - Ian Rappaport says Jags are releasing WR Marquis Lee. His contract was too high and he could never stay healthy. He'll free up 5.5 million this year and takes 10.75 million off 2021's books.

Yannick Ngaokwe - Yannick went nuclear on Twitter today. He's really heading down a bad road. Again, two different sources said no offers have come in for Yannick. Let alone first rounders. It's a soft market for edge rushers. Clowney is a FA, would cost nothing in compensation and he has no takers at the 15 mill or so he now says he takes. So in a soft market, Yanick goes after the owners son (and the owners son kicked his butt). Now other teams are thinking "is this another Antonio Brown?". He's lowering his trade value.

So his big threat to Jags is that he'll sit out the season. Oh no. What if we have a terrible year and are forced to take Trevor Lawrence? That would be bad !!! He has no leverage.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-20-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Yannick and Tony Kahn trading jabs on Twitter today. A bad look for all parties involved. Jags leverage getting hurt and Yannick making a bad name for himself. Even if other owners/GMs understand that his situation is a bad one there is no way he isn’t putting up red flags doing this kind of stuff.
    personally, I thought Khan made him look immature and foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    personally, I thought Khan made him look immature and foolish.
    He did. What I mean by a bad look for all parties involved is the whole thing is hurting him and the Jags.

*I would have probably made one statement and left it at that if I was Kahn. Further engaging Yannick wasn't going to result in anything positive.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-21-2020 at 10:11 AM.

We're already being referred to as "The Trevor Lawrence Team" around the league according to some sources.

#TankForTrevor

The Jags are smart getting rid of or trying to get rid of the knuckleheads they have. Did Coughlin have no input the last few years or is he just past it?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Jags are smart getting rid of or trying to get rid of the knuckleheads they have. Did Coughlin have no input the last few years or is he just past it?
    Coughlin had too much input and that's why he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Coughlin had too much input and that's why he is gone.
    TC always struck me as no nonsense, how did he tolerate players like Fournette and Ramsey?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

TC always struck me as no nonsense, how did he tolerate players like Fournette and Ramsey?
    one is gone because of him, and another one is close. Some people suggest the game has passed Coughlin, but I am not sure that is accurate. I think the issue he had with Jags is he could not get the culture vertically in line with his preference....people above and below him not on the same page in regards to culture. Once players see that...you get a good cop, bad cop thing and the bad cop is painted as the problem.

15. Likes:

redsfanmia (04-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    one is gone because of him, and another one is close. Some people suggest the game has passed Coughlin, but I am not sure that is accurate. I think the issue he had with Jags is he could not get the culture vertically in line with his preference....people above and below him not on the same page in regards to culture. Once players see that...you get a good cop, bad cop thing and the bad cop is painted as the problem.
    Coughlin was on a different page than the entire league. When the team accounts for more than 25% of the complaints filed to the NFLPA something is wrong. When the NFLPA sends a message to the league cautioning players who may consider signing with the Jaguars something is wrong. Coughlin was the problem and that’s why he is gone.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-22-2020 at 07:06 AM.

He didn’t but winning cures all. Once the team face planted, which a big part of I account to Coughlin for his vote of confidence in Bortles, things went south quickly.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 04-22-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Turn Off Ads?